Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 64 !!

Postby Andre147

This crowd is either clueless about Snooker or really hard to get an applause from them.

Like this all week.

Postby vodkadiet

Brexit happened because too many 'Gammon' exist in these towns where there are far too many inbreds.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Iranu wrote:I wish we could have another Brexit vote now we've seen how badly it's been bungked by the government.

Obviously it won't happen and I don't necessarily think it should... but I'd be interested to see if it came out with the same result. I doubt it.

Agree. What a mess. I suspect if it went before the people again the result would be different and we'd be the better for it.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Brexit is in tatters this evening!

<ok>

Time to get rid of Theresa May and bring in someone with a backbone who can negotiate properly.

A name?

Me or Jeremy Corbyn.

Postby eraserhead

Well played Judd, responded well when he needed to. Hopefully Xintong will get to the tv stages again soon.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Stunning match.

Both players should feel proud with their effort

In terms of sheer quality this is up there with one of the best Best of 7s.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:Brexit happened because too many 'Gammon' exist in these towns where there are far too many inbreds.

Problem with the middle classes is they don't like democracy when it doesn't give them the answer they want.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I call myself a Social democrat or Middle-Left man but the left has lost the plot in recent years.

They're rather busy with things like extreme feminism and stuff like that instead of solving the real problems of the working-class people and care for their concerns.

No doubt there is racism and sexism out there and its very important to strictly oppose that but you have to be capable to differentiate between real racism and objective critism against migration policy or whatever.

If you don't do that the consecuence is that those people and your own potential voters start voting for right wing and even racist parties. We see that everywhere in Europe atm.

I think people have lost sight of what true leftism is supposed to be about, which is social equality and fighting for working class, as you pointed out.

It seems to have been taken over by liberalism and identity politics.

yes. very good point. If you'd ask someone to explain or define left wing politics these days, he'd probably say things like gay rights, hardcore feminism and stuff like that.

I'm not saying those things are worth nothing but its important to know what you stand for and why people actually vote for you. And thats like you say is fighting for working class and for social equality.

The problem isn't that left wing politics are focusing on gay rights, racial equality and feminism (I strongly disagree that it's hardcore feminism, and by the way those things ARE social equality!) - it's that the platform of the right wing is built on restricting those rights and halting immigration!

How can the left build their platform on the working classes when the working classes themselves are more interested on voting against immigrants and against social equality than voting for their own benefit? The number of working class voters who vote Conservative/UKIP etc despite the fact that they aren't interested in poor people (particularly the Tories) is frightening.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:Brexit happened because too many 'Gammon' exist in these towns where there are far too many inbreds.

You know, the most inbred communities in this country are those of Pakistani descent, especially those from towns in Northern England that you refer to. This is a statistical fact. Are you saying these are the people who are responsible for Brexit?
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 17 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Anyway... sorry for the politics!

That was a truly awesome match. I hope Zhao can keep this progress up, and it's great to see Judd stepping up to the plate for a change while under pressure.

Postby TheRocket

Trump will play his buddy Lisowski now. I expect Trump to get through that one but he'll lose in the quarters to Higgins. Probably 5:4 or 5:3 Higgins after a good old choke from Trump.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I know lots of people on here don't like Judd but I think he is great to watch. That match was quality

I'm with you on that. After Ronnie and John he's my next favourite. But im losing a little faith in him.

Postby eraserhead

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I know lots of people on here don't like Judd but I think he is great to watch. That match was quality

I like watching him but he annoys me in the Tripple crown events.

Smurph through as well.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump will play his buddy Lisowski now. I expect Trump to get through that one but he'll lose in the quarters to Higgins. Probably 5:4 or 5:3 Higgins after a good old choke from Trump.

Lol would not surprise me.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I call myself a Social democrat or Middle-Left man but the left has lost the plot in recent years.

They're rather busy with things like extreme feminism and stuff like that instead of solving the real problems of the working-class people and care for their concerns.

No doubt there is racism and sexism out there and its very important to strictly oppose that but you have to be capable to differentiate between real racism and objective critism against migration policy or whatever.

If you don't do that the consecuence is that those people and your own potential voters start voting for right wing and even racist parties. We see that everywhere in Europe atm.

I think people have lost sight of what true leftism is supposed to be about, which is social equality and fighting for working class, as you pointed out.

It seems to have been taken over by liberalism and identity politics.

yes. very good point. If you'd ask someone to explain or define left wing politics these days, he'd probably say things like gay rights, hardcore feminism and stuff like that.

I'm not saying those things are worth nothing but its important to know what you stand for and why people actually vote for you. And thats like you say is fighting for working class and for social equality.

The problem isn't that left wing politics are focusing on gay rights, racial equality and feminism (I strongly disagree that it's hardcore feminism, and by the way those things ARE social equality!) - it's that the platform of the right wing is built on restricting those rights and halting immigration!

How can the left build their platform on the working classes when the working classes themselves are more interested on voting against immigrants and against social equality than voting for their own benefit? The number of working class voters who vote Conservative/UKIP etc despite the fact that they aren't interested in poor people (particularly the Tories) is frightening.

It's strange because you'd have thought the right would be all for things like immigration and globalisation and the left would be the opposite. It's an upside down world we're living in!

And yeah, of course the working class would vote against immigration. What benefit does having looser borders bring them?

Postby Johnny Bravo

I quite enjoy watching Trump play, he's my second favorite in terms of the way he plays the game after Ronnie.
I enjoy all attacking players to be honest.
Now, if we are talking about personality, Trump's not my man. This might sound odd, but I like Mark Allen. :evilgrin:

Postby Chalk McHugh

Johnny Bravo wrote:

I quite enjoy watching Trump play, he's my second favorite in terms of the way he plays the game after Ronnie.
I enjoy all attacking players to be honest.
Now, if we are talking about personality, Trump's not my man. This might sound odd, but I like Mark Allen. :evilgrin:

Shock horror ha

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Problem with the middle classes is they don't like democracy when it doesn't give them the answer they want.

Lots of working class people voted 'remain'. Myself included.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:

You know, the most inbred communities in this country are those of Pakistani descent, especially those from towns in Northern England that you refer to. This is a statistical fact. Are you saying these are the people who are responsible for Brexit?

There are far more inbred 'white' people. A lot of them living in the East of England.

Postby TheRocket

Trump's personality has changed over the years. When you watch his interviews these days he is humble and down to earth. Even shy. Completely different to what he was when he had his breakthrough in 11/12.

Some people probably remember some of his comments like "If Ronnie avoids me he can still win tournaments" or "At my best I'd have beaten Robertson easily" and stuff like that. Or his comments on Twitter.

But the guy hasnt won a major since 2011 so there isnt any reason really for him to be confident and talking big.

Postby vodkadiet

The problem with Britain is that there are far too many low waged people voting Tory. These people actually believe that the likes of Jacob Rees-Mogg and Boris Johnson will represent their interests.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Trump's personality has changed over the years. When you watch his interviews these days he is humble and down to earth. Even shy. Completely different to what he was when he had his breakthrough in 11/12.

Some people probably remember some of his comments like "If Ronnie avoids me he can still win tournaments" or "At my best I'd have beaten Robertson easily" and stuff like that. Or his comments on Twitter.

But the guy hasnt won a major since 2011 so there isnt any reason really for him to be confident and talking big.

Problem is everytime I think he has learned, he comes out with garbage talk... especially after he wins a tournament he suddely goes big headed thinking he can win everything.

Having confidence to win tournamentz is one thing, but the way he starts to talk big is another and thats something that still hasnt changed with him.

Look at Selby for instance... the guy keeps winning tournaments and you dont see him come out with stuff like that.

Postby adrianfhau

Hi Guys, sorry going off topic here, but please check out my new, revamped blog called snookerinpoto, the link is: snookerinpoto.wordpress.com
This blog includes development of snooker in Hong Kong, betting tips and personally subsidized discounted amazon products!