Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 128 !

Postby TheRocket

Chalk McHugh wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Well done to Akani. May the power of the sun be with you my son.

And I still come back to my conclusion that Wilson lacks that extra gear to really become one of the absolute toppros. So he far he's just an average To16 pro for me. But he has time on his side.

Wilson doesn't really inspire me. He looks morose with a hangdog expression. I'm glad he's out.

If I had to guess I'd say that Wilson practises harder and more than anyone else on the tour. He's that type of guy.

But imo he just lacks that extra ability or natural ability if you like. Which means he's got to work very hard to win his matches and always give 100% each match to get over the line. And thats some disadvantage in the long run.

But given he's just 27 though and no big talents or youngsters coming through in Snooker I can still see him having a decent success in this sport and eventually win a World title as well. If it goes very well maybe even 2.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:
If I had to guess I'd say that Wilson practises harder and more than anyone else on the tour. He's that type of guy.

But imo he just lacks that extra ability or natural ability if you like. Which means he's got to work very hard to win his matches and always give 100% each match to get over the line. And thats some disadvantage in the long run.

I'd say that description fits Selbo better than Wilson. Selbo is a harder worker IMO.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Nobody knows but I tend to think that Duffy was just being nasty by not shaking hands, and then tried to excuse it with a very nasty tweet.

Just my gut feeling but either way he could have dealt with it better.

Glad he is out.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Come on Judd, sort yourself out lad. I'm beginning to lose a little faith in the Ace, if im honest. Not confident he'll win the World Championship now. Too many question marks and he's a poor safety player, similiar to Murphy. A bird brain tactical game wont win the shiniest of silverware.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Shame Greene and Gilbert had to meet in the first round, depriving us of a great potential final

Id rather Gilbert & O Sullivan.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Shame Greene and Gilbert had to meet in the first round, depriving us of a great potential final

Gilbert is a tournament finalist this season.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

Id rather Gilbert & O Sullivan.

On fire tonight Chalky!!!

Im off to watch my country play now so that will cool me down, bigtime!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Chalk McHugh wrote:Come on Judd, sort yourself out lad. I'm beginning to lose a little faith in the Ace, if im honest. Not confident he'll win the World Championship now. Too many question marks and he's a poor safety player, similiar to Murphy. A bird brain tactical game wont win the shiniest of silverware.

Mentally he also sucks. Cant beat a past his prime Higgins in big matches.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Come on Judd, sort yourself out lad. I'm beginning to lose a little faith in the Ace, if im honest. Not confident he'll win the World Championship now. Too many question marks and he's a poor safety player, similiar to Murphy. A bird brain tactical game wont win the shiniest of silverware.

Higgins played as bad as he could have done and still won that match...

Ronnie said prior to this Judd v Hull match that Judd needs to stop going for everything against the likes of Higgins and Selby...

Not change his natural game, but also dont hand them chances on a plate with silly risky shots... he said it might work against other players, but not the likes of them.

Postby Johnny Bravo

At the end of that first frame, Trump got a brilliant snooker behind the black ball.

And even though Hull responded himself with a brilliant escape, tactically speaking, it was the wrong shot to take on. Had he missed that pink, Trump could have cleared up to win. A better shot was to commit a foul on purpose and just push the white on the middle of the bottom cushion, touching the cushion. That way, even though you lose some points and your opponent gets a chance, it's almost impossible for him to clear up given the position of the cueball in relation to the pink.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:At the end of that first frame, Trump got a brilliant snooker behind the black ball.

And even though Hull responded himself with a brilliant escape, tactically speaking, it was the wrong shot to take on. Had he missed that pink, Trump could have cleared up to win. A better shot was to commit a foul on purpose and just push the white on the middle of the bottom cushion, touching the cushion. That way, even though you lose some points and your opponent gets a chance, it's almost impossible for him to clear up given the position of the cueball in relation to the pink.

Pretty sure you're not allowed to do that, right?

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:At the end of that first frame, Trump got a brilliant snooker behind the black ball.

Missing on purpose is a foul and a miss, even if snookers are required in case you did not know, so that wouldn't be a option and Trump would have put the cue ball back again.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:

Higgins played as bad as he could have done and still won that match...

Ronnie said prior to this Judd v Hull match that Judd needs to stop going for everything against the likes of Higgins and Selby...

Not change his natural game, but also dont hand them chances on a plate with silly risky shots... he said it might work against other players, but not the likes of them.

Ronnie is kinda right, but at the same time he's wrong. And by that I mean the fact that Ronnie himself changes his natural when he plays against them, especially against Higgo. He treats him with too much respect and doesn't go for the shots he'd normally go for. He needs to visualize Higgo as a mere numpty and he'll get much better results when he plays him. <cool>