Post a reply

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 128 !

Postby SnookerFan

In response to comments from Ronnie O’Sullivan at the BetVictor English Open on Monday, World Snooker said: “We are surprised to hear these comments from Ronnie given that he has made no formal complaint and the feedback from the other players has been overwhelmingly positive. And the partners we are working with on the event agree with our view that K2 Crawley is an excellent venue with very good facilities. There was a fantastic crowd in the arena today and the ticket sales for the event have already surpassed the total sales for 2016 and 2017. We look forward to seeing Ronnie play in the next round.”

K2 Crawley, the host venue for the tournament, added: “We are sorry and disappointed to hear that Ronnie has voiced some concerns over the venue, especially after feedback from everybody else has been so positive. We have been working closely with World Snooker to make this competition the best it can be and they are extremely happy with how the first day has gone, and in fact, we hear that ticket sales have already surpassed total numbers sold for all previous English Open venues. To be involved with this event is a privilege and we are pleased that K2 Crawley’s great accessibility and facilities will mean that more snooker fans than ever before can enjoy the tournament – we are certainly excited to see what the rest of the week holds!”

http://www.worldsnooker.com/statement-f ... 2-crawley/

Postby Chalk McHugh

Pretty harsh words from Ronnie. Bit of an insult to those who have worked to stage this prestigious event. There's not much recovery room for a urine drenched hellhole. Ronnie has cut Crawley in half with his venemous tongue. Could he not have just put up with it and kept his trap shut for once?

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:SF which matches are you gonna see? I might come join :)

All day Friday (The quarter-finals), both Semis and the Final.

I'll come and say hi, if you're there. Fair warning though, the closest pub I know is about 15/20 minute walk away. There's not loads to do between matches, unless you like looking at trees. But from memory, they do sell hot and cold food and there was a little bar bit in the venue. So if there isn't much time between matches/sessions, we could sit around and chat and hopefully have a pint.

If all else fails, we could have a game of "Spot The Smell Of Urine".

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:Has somebody been snake hissing in the arena? Unacceptable, if that's the case.

I was there three or four years ago, and they still haven't gotten rid of the stench.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Pretty harsh words from Ronnie. Bit of an insult to those who have worked to stage this prestigious event. There's not much recovery room for a urine drenched hellhole. Ronnie has cut Crawley in half with his venemous tongue. Could he not have just put up with it and kept his trap shut for once?

If he's got legitimate concerns, nothing wrong with raising them. Problem is, Ronnie raises them by moaning about it in the press conference, then the media report on it. That's a PR disaster for World Snooker, and is going to snake hiss off the venue. (No pun intended.) If he really wanted to improve anything, he must be able to talk to the tournament director, or whoever the appropriate World Snooker representative is.

I suspect it's more just Ronnie sounding off again, nothing more than that.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Guys why talk about Ronnies rubbish.

Un-Nooh made a 147 in his first frame today.

Congratz man.

Really?

I haven't seen any scores yet.

Why wasn't that mentioned?

147 :D Congratulations. :bowdown:

Postby Iranu

Higgins wins a scrappy first frame but still looks devoid of confidence.

Misses a black off the spot early in the second, but doesn't leave anything easy.

Postby Cloud Strife

I wonder what's up with Adam Duffy. He refused to shake his opponents hand after the match and seemed abit petulant in the video that I've seen.

Postby Cloud Strife

TWITTER ATTACK

Adam Duffy @A147D
Also if any body watching wondered why I didn’t shake his hand before and after the decider is because he went to the toilet and never washed his hands!