Post a reply

Re: XingPai China Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby csprince

Alex0paul wrote:
csprince wrote:
D4P wrote:
csprince wrote:there"s never been a decent ranking system in snooker this is a sport that gave us merit points. a points.frame points.and then another great system where someone wins a match and gets 650 points and somebody loses and gets 700 points world snooker would"t know a decent system if it came up and introduced itself

I get the impression that Barry Hearn doesn't think snooker fans are very smart, and that he tries (as a result) to keep the ranking system as simple as possible so that the drunk guys watching snooker in the bar can understand it.

I also think that the more that Ronnie complains about Ranking Points, the more that Hearn will want to keep the system the way it is so that it doesn't look like he was being controlled by what the players want...

i agree. i think hearn won"t change the system cause then he would have to admit that he was wrong and people like him don"t like doing that. and admit that events like the worlds are over weighted i like donaldson and would be happy whoever wins the china but for donaldson to be top16 after the china isn"t right

Why should Murphy be in top 16 but Donaldson, a hypothetical winner of a huge event, not be?
if you look at my rolling 1 year list(previous points system) murphy would be currently no38 and donaldson no26
before the china open so i think a rolling 12 month system would be fairer

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Murphy is plummeting as he should be given his results.

Nothing about Donaldson's performance bar this event suggests he should be top 16.

best of luck to him though

Quarters of the Welsh Open, Indian Open too as well as Semis of the Paul Hunter Classic
Last edited by Alex0paul on 05 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Alex0paul wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Murphy is plummeting as he should be given his results.

Nothing about Donaldson's performance bar this event suggests he should be top 16.

best of luck to him though

Quarters of the Welsh Open too

Fair point

Postby Godot

Johnny Bravo wrote:Robbo will win this event, he's the best out of the 4 remaining by far.

He's by far a better player than Rob Milkins too and we know how that turned out at the Crucible around this time last year.
Last edited by Godot on 05 Apr 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby D4P

Dan-cat wrote:I watched that just now on loop, no way he noticed, he wasn't looking at the cue.

Storm in a teacup.

No one noticed, not even Luo. It was only when the announcers watched the replay that they picked up on it...

The "cheating" meme is just trolling, and Ronnie effectively put the issue to rest (no pun intended) when he lost to Mark Davis on purpose in the following round.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:I watched that just now on loop, no way he noticed, he wasn't looking at the cue.

Storm in a teacup.

Yeah, I think you're right. We should give him the benefit of the doubt

He made up for it anyway by forfeiting his next match in that tournament.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Storm in a teacup.

Of course he didn't notice. Ronnie has never done anything like that. He always admits to fouls. You can say a lot about him, but he's definitely not the kind that would parakeet. He would hate himself. He was gutted when he saw this foul in the studio afterwards.

Postby D4P

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Storm in a teacup.

Of course he didn't notice. Ronnie has never done anything like that. He always admits to fouls. You can say a lot about him, but he's definitely not the kind that would parakeet. He would hate himself. He was gutted when he saw this foul in the studio afterwards.

I think everyone knows this and believes it to be true. Those who pretend otherwise are just trying to get a rise out of Ronnie fans...

Postby Holden Chinaski

D4P wrote:I think everyone knows this and believes it to be true. Those who pretend otherwise are just trying to get a rise out of Ronnie fans...

I know.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,thats a good semi line up,as far as players i like are concerned,as i like em all.

But my 1st choice is,Aye,you guessed it,= good young Donaldson. :-D

If he were,nt to win,my 2nd preference is Robbo and Jack,i,m 50/50 on them.

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

Storm in a teacup.

I think everyone knows this and believes it to be true. Those who pretend otherwise are just trying to get a rise out of Ronnie fans...

I think he knew, and I am a Ronnie fan.

Postby Dan-cat

Watch it again Iranu, he's not looking, and the cue is in the rest so he wouldn't have felt it. If the cue had been out of the rest he would have felt it.

This is the man who after fluking a ridiculous black against Robbo at the Masters, got down quickly and butchered a plant in embarrassment next shot, hardly feathered it. I was there.

Postby Iranu

I wasn’t sure until he went into the studio afterwards. His reaction there makes me think he knew.

I don’t think it’s a huge deal though. He made a mistake in the heat of the moment, I don’t think he cynically failed to tell the ref.

Postby csprince

ronnie said he wished somebody had said something if they had seen it also said he would rather have lost than gone through like that not a fan but seemed genuine to me

Postby Vallomas

It's funny how easily Ronnie fanatics admit that their hero corrupted the rules (by saying that he losed deliberately to Mavis - which is not true, of course).

Postby D4P

Vallomas wrote:It's funny how easily Ronnie fanatics admit that their hero corrupted the rules (by saying that he losed deliberately to Mavis - which is not true, of course).

It was a no-win situation for Ronnie. Had he beaten Mavis, Ronnie-haters would have given him a hard time and said that he cheated and didn't deserve to win.