Post a reply

Re: XingPai China Open Last 32 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Koninkaulus wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:You need to calm down, pal. Next to SnookerFan, he's possibly the nicest guy on this forum, I don't think he has it in him to 'have it in' for you.

Dan makes Buddha look like a racist taxi driver.

I am calm. Look, I don't care about the reputation he has here. I've seen people get away with pretty much everything on forums when they're considered one of the good guys.

He seems to enjoy twisting my words, going on about my old posts, making fun of me when I'm not even part of a discussion, deleting my posts for language used without repercussions by many others on this forum, deliberately misspelling my username after I very politely pointed out to another user how it's spelled, suggesting I should leave the forum and so on.

I personally don't find people who go out of their way to take the mick out of others on the pretext of having a laugh particularly nice in general.

He was lightly teasing you, as were others on here, as you seem very uppity and condescending, at times. Maybe he was trying to get you to loosen up abit.

It's a relaxed atmosphere on here most of the time. You'll get alot of what we call 'banter' and it is all good natured for the most part. My advice to you would be to not take everything so personally.

Yeah, that kind of teasing won't loosen me up, that's for sure. I thought I had "loosened up" a bit, but then he kept banging on about that first post of mine. I thought he might stop picking on me after I paid no attention to him, but perhaps he was trying to provoke a reaction out of me (as were some others, yes).

I didn't join the forum to pick fights, nor did I do it to make friends. I don't usually sugarcoat things, which rubs some people the wrong way.

I think some of you misinterpret my compulsive need to correct people when they're wrong as me being condescending. Different psychological issue, guys. Yes, I can be annoying, but it seems everyone here can.

Remind me, Koninkaulus. You're not British, are you?

I don't mean anything by that. Just that British humour is often to take the mickey out of people that they like. People you don't like, you won't do that with. You'll ignore, or argue with properly.

Maybe this is just lost in translation? For once, Cloud Strife has a point. We tend to just have a laugh with each other on this site. For the most part, it doesn't mean anything. (Unless your Wild, who takes everything too seriously.)

Postby Dan-cat

Koninkaulus wrote:
As much as I dislike the constant overload of banter, I never said you should do away with humour (contrary to what Dan-Cat wanted to make it seem like).

Morning!

Ok first up absolutely not got it in for you. I'm sad that you felt that. I truly mean this. I do think you are being over-sensitive.

I found your first post to make several valid points that I agreed with (about negativity, moaning etc.) and I only referred to it after you'd accused me of being a 'pathetic internet troll' because of some flippant post about Selby. I loved the delicious irony of you making a four paragraph post.. moaning about moaning. Next up you accused us of being a 'one-liner society' and not being serious enough.This is like me coming into your pub or front room with your mates and telling you what to talk about and the tone of how it should be conducted. Have a word dude. We are quite happy with our funny one-liner society and occasionally serious posts about snooker! Sent with love.

Postby Koninkaulus

SnookerFan wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:You need to calm down, pal. Next to SnookerFan, he's possibly the nicest guy on this forum, I don't think he has it in him to 'have it in' for you.

Dan makes Buddha look like a racist taxi driver.

I am calm. Look, I don't care about the reputation he has here. I've seen people get away with pretty much everything on forums when they're considered one of the good guys.

He seems to enjoy twisting my words, going on about my old posts, making fun of me when I'm not even part of a discussion, deleting my posts for language used without repercussions by many others on this forum, deliberately misspelling my username after I very politely pointed out to another user how it's spelled, suggesting I should leave the forum and so on.

I personally don't find people who go out of their way to take the mick out of others on the pretext of having a laugh particularly nice in general.

He was lightly teasing you, as were others on here, as you seem very uppity and condescending, at times. Maybe he was trying to get you to loosen up abit.

It's a relaxed atmosphere on here most of the time. You'll get alot of what we call 'banter' and it is all good natured for the most part. My advice to you would be to not take everything so personally.

Yeah, that kind of teasing won't loosen me up, that's for sure. I thought I had "loosened up" a bit, but then he kept banging on about that first post of mine. I thought he might stop picking on me after I paid no attention to him, but perhaps he was trying to provoke a reaction out of me (as were some others, yes).

I didn't join the forum to pick fights, nor did I do it to make friends. I don't usually sugarcoat things, which rubs some people the wrong way.

I think some of you misinterpret my compulsive need to correct people when they're wrong as me being condescending. Different psychological issue, guys. Yes, I can be annoying, but it seems everyone here can.

Remind me, Koninkaulus. You're not British, are you?

I don't mean anything by that. Just that British humour is often to take the mickey out of people that they like. People you don't like, you won't do that with. You'll ignore, or argue with properly.

Maybe this is just lost in translation? For once, Cloud Strife has a point. We tend to just have a laugh with each other on this site. For the most part, it doesn't mean anything. (Unless your Wild, who takes everything too seriously.)

I'm Finnish. I know that's a very British style of humour – look, I like a lot of your comedians – but it isn't always based on affection. Mark Williams talks crap about Mike Dunn and Lee Walker on Twitter because they're good friends. He talks crap about Darren Morgan in a strikingly similar manner because they hate each other.

Believe me, I do know what you mean here. I'd be shocked if Dan-Cat liked me though. If it's some sort of an initiation rite that in order to be accepted on a predominantly British forum, you have to learn to give and take banter like a pro, I may not have the time or energy for that.
Last edited by Koninkaulus on 03 Apr 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Koninkaulus

Dan-cat wrote:ps. Koni darling. I deleted one post of yours about bestiality that frankly was messed up, and I had a PM about it.

I sincerely hope you've got me mixed up with another member and not trying to lie, because the only post I've made "about bestiality" is a lame joke in the "Cats or Dogs?" thread and that is neither messed up nor deleted. You deleted my reply to someone insulting me, based on my use of a word that admittedly isn't nice but has been used by many others here.

Postby SnookerFan

It's not an initiation right. It's not like we've all got together and gone; "Here's the new guy, lads. Lets have a go at him for a few months." It's just the way a lot of are humour is. (And there are many other non-Brits on here too, so it's not just a British thing.)

The point is really, if you're going to claim your correcting people when they're wrong is often taken as condescending when you don't mean it that way. You must also accept that some people's jokes on here are just that. Jokes.

Not speaking for Dan-Cat here. And I will say that nobody is suggesting that you have to sit down and take anything anybody says to you. But it's worth bearing in mind that most people on here don't wish others any harm. We'll have jokes with each other, and occasionally mild arguments. (And I include myself in that.) But for the most part, nobody on here bears each other ill will. And you can block anybody on here that you think does.

Postby Dan-cat

Koninkaulus wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:ps. Koni darling. I deleted one post of yours about bestiality that frankly was messed up, and I had a PM about it.

I sincerely hope you've got me mixed up with another member and not trying to lie, because the only post I've made "about bestiality" is a lame joke in the "Cats or Dogs?" thread and that is neither messed up nor deleted. You deleted my reply to someone insulting me, based on my use of a word that admittedly isn't nice but has been used by many others here.

Ah ok I remembered this wrongly. The cats and dogs thing is frankly weird, and I had a PM about it, but didn't delete it. And yes - the one I deleted - you can't use that word. Maybe I wasn't a moderator when other people used it. I can't remember what the word is now. I deleted it. Lolz

I promise not to take the mickey out of you anymore (and yes as someone wisely pointed out above, it's because I like you.) Fun is fundamental, silliness standard.

Koni, Captain of the Fun Police! Oh sh*t I made a promise didn't I

Postby HappyCamper

Godot wrote:Lu Ning is definitely in the 'dark horse that could win a ranking title next season' category.

He's definitely making good use of his second chance since getting back on the tour.

Postby Koninkaulus

[quote="Dan-cat"]Morning!

Ok first up absolutely not got it in for you. I'm sad that you felt that. I truly mean this. I do think you are being over-sensitive.

I found your first post to make several valid points that I agreed with (about negativity, moaning etc.) and I only referred to it after you'd accused me of being a 'pathetic internet troll' because of some flippant post about Selby. I loved the delicious irony of you making a four paragraph post.. moaning about moaning. Next up you accused us of being a 'one-liner society' and not being serious enough.This is like me coming into your pub or front room with your mates and telling you what to talk about and the tone of how it should be conducted. Have a word dude. We are quite happy with our funny one-liner society and occasionally serious posts about snooker! Sent with love.[/quote]

What annoyed me is that after I apologised to you personally about that overreaction/misinterpretation (I'm not trying to make myself seem like a saint here), you said it was cool but then continued to take the mickey out of me in various threads.

I'm a sensitive guy, and can sometimes be over-sensitive. I have no trouble admitting that. Occasionally that manifests itself as retaliation for perceived injustices. However, my opinion on what a snooker forum would ideally be like is just that, an opinion. It's not a personal attack on anyone and I apologise if you perceived it as such.

Can't get the damn quote working.
Last edited by Koninkaulus on 03 Apr 2019, edited 5 times in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:Remind me, Koninkaulus. You're not British, are you?

rofl

Postby Andre147

Exactly one year ago on my birthday Ronnie made a 147 at the China Open. Wont ever forget that moment.

No RON here, but I will have a great birthday!!!

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Exactly one year ago on my birthday Ronnie made a 147 at the China Open. Wont ever forget that moment.

Happy Birthday Andre!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Exactly one year ago on my birthday Ronnie made a 147 at the China Open. Wont ever forget that moment.

Happy 51st birthday, mate.

Postby SnookerFan

Is this your subtle way of asking people to say Happy Birthday to you, Andre? <laugh>

My birthday is the first week of October everyone. I want a spontaneous round of congratulations when the day comes. :spot on:

Nah, just kidding Andre. Many happy returns.

Postby Dan-cat

Koninkaulus wrote:
What annoyed me is that after I apologised to you personally about that overreaction/misinterpretation (I'm not trying to make myself seem like a saint here), you said it was cool but then continued to take the mickey out of me in various threads.

I'm a sensitive guy, and can sometimes be over-sensitive. I have no trouble admitting that. Occasionally that manifests itself as retaliation for perceived injustices. However, my opinion on what a snooker forum would ideally be like is just that, an opinion. It's not a personal attack on anyone and I apologise if you perceived it as such.

I tried to fix the quote issue for you but I just couldn't.

I accept your apology. I have not, and never had it in for you. Play nice. #BuddhasRevenge