Post a reply

Re: XingPai China Open Last 32 !!!

Postby Dan-cat

Badsnookerplayer wrote:What a difference this tournament has made for some players rankings.

TWITTER ATTACK

@snookerbacker Big 3 frames coming up for Ali Carter, closest player to knocking Dave Gilbert out of the top 16, 3-5 down to Sam Craigie. If he loses, it's the qualifiers for The Captain.

Postby HappyCamper

Maguire now confirmed for the Crucible I think. Only Gilbert can miss out on a seeding if there is a big surprise winner here.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:Maguire now confirmed for the Crucible I think. Only Gilbert can miss out on a seeding if there is a big surprise winner here.

I'd like to see Gilbert there by right.

Postby Koninkaulus

Dan-cat wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:ps. Koni darling. I deleted one post of yours about bestiality that frankly was messed up, and I had a PM about it.

I sincerely hope you've got me mixed up with another member and not trying to lie, because the only post I've made "about bestiality" is a lame joke in the "Cats or Dogs?" thread and that is neither messed up nor deleted. You deleted my reply to someone insulting me, based on my use of a word that admittedly isn't nice but has been used by many others here.

Ah ok I remembered this wrongly. The cats and dogs thing is frankly weird, and I had a PM about it, but didn't delete it. And yes - the one I deleted - you can't use that word. Maybe I wasn't a moderator when other people used it. I can't remember what the word is now. I deleted it. Lolz

I promise not to take the mickey out of you anymore (and yes as someone wisely pointed out above, it's because I like you.) Fun is fundamental, silliness standard.

Koni, Captain of the Fun Police! Oh sh*t I made a promise didn't I

I'm genuinely a bit shocked you've had a PM about that silly joke. I thought it was tame. I know my sense of humour can be dark and/or absurd, but still. Makes me wonder if the person was just annoyed with me in general... Don't worry, I'm not gonna start guessing users publicly.

The so-called forbidden word has been used by several people recently, but I believe you may not have seen it. Just wish that any rules regarding vocabulary were enforced consistently.

Since you actually don't seem to actively hate me, I obviously don't mind the occasional mickey-take. Occasional, as in preferably only in nine out of ten posts.

You need to understand something, guys. I spend time on Finnish forums where people usually despise each other. You know, arguing about ice hockey. It's brutal. So excuse my default mode of cynicism.

Postby HappyCamper

HappyCamper wrote:Maguire now confirmed for the Crucible I think. Only Gilbert can miss out on a seeding if there is a big surprise winner here.

Ignore this it is nonsense. My spreadsheet formulae got all kind of messed up.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:

Ignore this it is nonsense. My spreadsheet formulae got all kind of messed up.

:grrr:

Last edited by SnookerFan on 03 Apr 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Pedro147

SnookerFan wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:So Rod wins and Ali Carter loses, what a great start to the day.

Is Ebdon still in?

Can we have a Rod vs Ebdon final?

Prost v Senna, Federer v Nadal, Ali v Frazier, Lawlor v Ebdon.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Pedro147 wrote:So Rod wins and Ali Carter loses, what a great start to the day.

This tournament is a bloodbath. Who will be in the final?

Postby Iranu

Iranu wrote:Quiz question:

What do Stephen Hendry and Koninkaulus have in common?

Answer:

They both think Dan-cat’s a troll.

Postby Iranu

Koninkaulus if you’re referring to the C-word, the only person I’ve seen use it recently has actually been banned.

Having said that, I think I quoted something from the Wild Quotes thread which included it. Maybe I should go edit it for fairness’ sake.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Koninkaulus wrote:

We're the greatest of all time?

Ronnie is currently promoting a cook book.

Postby Koninkaulus

Dan-cat wrote:
Koninkaulus wrote:
What annoyed me is that after I apologised to you personally about that overreaction/misinterpretation (I'm not trying to make myself seem like a saint here), you said it was cool but then continued to take the mickey out of me in various threads.

I'm a sensitive guy, and can sometimes be over-sensitive. I have no trouble admitting that. Occasionally that manifests itself as retaliation for perceived injustices. However, my opinion on what a snooker forum would ideally be like is just that, an opinion. It's not a personal attack on anyone and I apologise if you perceived it as such.

I tried to fix the quote issue for you but I just couldn't.

I accept your apology. I have not, and never had it in for you. You've attacked me twice now, both times undeservedly. Three strikes and you are out. Play nice. #BuddhasRevenge

Oh man...I thought this was working out in the end, but then you give me an ultimatum like that?

I get the first offence, but this? An attack? Saying I don't think you like me because I don't think you like me and giving my reasons for it is an attack on you? Seriously...I think you're overreacting now. Even if I was wrong, it's not an attack to say I felt I was being attacked by you. That's harsh.

I may not have joined until recently, but I've been visiting this forum for a long time now. There are some people here that by this logic have had about a hundred strikes and are not out. I have no intention of attacking people undeservedly, but I'm not going to tiptoe around here afraid of putting a foot wrong.

I hope this is another example of British banter I didn't quite get.

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:

Answer:

The difference is Hendry saw the error of his ways, forgave me, and unblocked me (on Twitter) - only after Wildey stepped in on my behalf though.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Koninkaulus - let it go man.

Dan Cat and Andre do throw their weight around a bit but they have a very hard job as mods and I don't think it pays very well.

We are glad to have you here and I am interested in your views on snooker. Let's get back to the sport we like (and some rubbish English humour of course).

Postby Iranu

Koninkaulus wrote:
Iranu wrote:Koninkaulus if you’re referring to the C-word, the only person I’ve seen use it recently has actually been banned.

It wasn't that word.

Hmm.

Then I don’t know what word you’re referring do. I could guess but I won’t.

I’ll just go ahead and assume it’s something Vodkadiet said about Brexiteers.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Answer:

The difference is Hendry saw the error of his ways, forgave me, and unblocked me (on Twitter) - only after Wildey stepped in on my behalf though.

They’re right though.

Hendry should have stuck by his convictions and not been cowed by Wildey.

#Dan-troll