Post a reply

Re: XingPai China Open Last 64 Plus Held Over Matches !!!

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:With Selby losing 460,000 Ranking Points from the 2017 China Open and WSC, he could easily fall down to #6 or 7 in the rankings...

Wouldnt put it past him to win the world title.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:
D4P wrote:With Selby losing 460,000 Ranking Points from the 2017 China Open and WSC, he could easily fall down to #6 or 7 in the rankings...

That is true, although he will go there without much confidence. And if he gets a tough draw, he might even loose in the first round.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:This final black from DING!! :bowdown:

https://twitter.com/WorldSnooker/status ... 5921078275

His opponent looked in awe of Ding at the end there, like he was really pleased just to be in Ding's presence. And that's not a criticism, by the way. It must be such a thrill for these young Chinese players just to be able to play against a national hero like Ding.

Postby SnookerFan

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

That is true, although he will go there without much confidence. And if he gets a tough draw, he might even loose in the first round.

I'd say for Selby, as loss of confidence is worse than a loss of form.

A lot of his game is based on winning, even if playing badly. If he doesn't believe he can do it, I worry.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Selby in 2016?

But even before that he was capable of winning matches playing badly.

Nowadays when he plays badly it's not certain he'll find a way to win. He often doesnt.

Postby Vallomas

Selby was more confident heading to the 2016 World Championship, compared that of 2014.

Don't you remember that he lost to Mike Dunn in the quarter final of China Open and went to the Crucible having not won any title during the whole season?

This year is a different story, though. It seems that Selby feels that has to prove a lot and he fails at everything.

Postby Vallomas

Rockettim147 wrote:Does Selby losing so early affect Ronnie’s route at the Worlds? Anyone know please?

No. They are on a collision course on the semi, with Ronnie being No 2 seed and Mark No 3 - whatever happens in Beijing.

Postby HappyCamper

"I woke up during the night, practised for two hours then went back to bed at 7am," the 28-year-old Scot said.

"The next thing I knew, my phone was vibrating. It was 2.28pm. It was (tournament director) Martin Clark ringing me.

"I got dressed in 60 seconds and ran down to the hotel foyer. I didn't even have a shower or brush my teeth. My shoelaces were still untied, it was like a movie scene.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/47772183

lol

Postby Wildey

Not sure why the World Championship is discussed on here this is the China Open.

Not seen any Snooker today had to take full advantage of the sun they promise rain tomorrow.

Cant believe Steadman beat Selby from 3-2 up Selby lost 4 on the spin as a fan im gutted but looking forward to get to see some early morning snooker tomorrow.

Postby hendry_fan

HappyCamper wrote:
"I woke up during the night, practised for two hours then went back to bed at 7am," the 28-year-old Scot said.

"The next thing I knew, my phone was vibrating. It was 2.28pm. It was (tournament director) Martin Clark ringing me.

"I got dressed in 60 seconds and ran down to the hotel foyer. I didn't even have a shower or brush my teeth. My shoelaces were still untied, it was like a movie scene.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/47772183

lol

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL indeed!. rofl rofl rofl

I,ve just seen the scores of todays play,

Goodness me!,Selby already out!. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

Ah well,at least he,ll have time to prepare for the Worlds. :chin: :-)