Post a reply

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Qualifying !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:
D4P wrote:
The Tour Championship will be bo17, bo19, bo25 in its 3 rounds.

Bliss!!

We, the snooker fans, have been asking for something like this for ages, and the supremo Barry Hearn delivered. Credit where credit's due.

Hearn :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:It’s a legal shot isn’t it? I think the hurricane had a similar shot

Yea 1985 UK Championship vs Jimmy White he was clearing up to lead Jimmy 3-1 it was a last 16 match or as it was then 1st televised round he was already safe he went for the black it jumped on the rail and went in the middle pocket.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:It’s a legal shot isn’t it? I think the hurricane had a similar shot

Yea 1985 UK Championship vs Jimmy White he was clearing up to lead Jimmy 3-1 it was a last 16 match or as it was then 1st televised round he was already safe he went for the black it jumped on the rail and went in the middle pocket.

Same thing happened with Angles too I think. Can't remember where it was though.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:

Knowledge.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Same thing happened with Angles too I think. Can't remember where it was though.

World Championship 2003.

Kyren Wilson had one that I'd never seen... World Grand Prix a couple weeks ago.... red stopped on the cushion. It's a foul of course, in this case 4 points.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Knowledge.

some things stick in the mind i even remember the day it was sunday afternoon. cant remember the exact date or time lol

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Knowledge.

some things stick in the mind i even remember the day it was sunday afternoon. cant remember the exact date or time lol

lol Wildey probably remembers if it happened to Joe Davis

Postby Koninkaulus

Watched the last few frames to see Xu Si beat Un-Nooh 6-5, knocking in two centuries and two half-centuries after the interval (Un-Nooh made a 140 to force the decider).

Xu is an interesting one. He reached the semi-finals of the Indian Open last season just a few tournaments into his professional career, but has mostly struggled since, especially this season. He'll need to get some results between now and May in order to keep his tour card without going to Q School. The talent is definitely there.

Postby HappyCamper

He is a professional Hong Kong snooker player.

Qualified through Q school.

Name sounds like it should be cockney rhyming slang for something.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Who is this Andy Lee? I've seen him on Live Scores, but don't know anything about him.

he was born in England his perants emigrated from Hong Kong in 1975 he used to play for England but changed his sport nationality to Hong Kong

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who is this Andy Lee? I've seen him on Live Scores, but don't know anything about him.

he was born in England his perants emigrated from Hong Kong in 1975 he used to play for England but changed his sport nationality to Hong Kong

I played him in the English Open in 2008. Accused me of cheating because I hadn’t replaced the balls back correctly after missing.

Postby carayip

Wildey wrote:

He chose to represent HK because HK sports association offers him monthly salary as sponsorship whenever he’s a professional. He has hardly earned any prize money to survive otherwise.

Postby Wildey

Joe O'Connor back in action this afternoon with his reputation enhance dramaticly from the time he last played qualifiers.

He is the lower ranked player in this match with Highfield but he would be seen as the faverite based on his Welsh Open display but with that comes more pressure