Post a reply

Fuhua Group China Open Qualifying !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 18th ~ Wednesday 20th of February at The Chase Leisure Centre, Cannock

Mark Selby, Mark Williams, Ding Junhui, Xiao Guodong Matches are carried over to the Venue in Beijing along with another 4 matches involving Chinese Wild Card players but 112 players will be in Cannock a new venue for Snooker the Chase Leisure Centre trying to earn 56 spots in the China Open last 64.

Ronnie O'Sullivan as expected is not making the trip or trying to Qualify but theres plenty of quality on show with the Masters Champion Judd Trump and John Higgins heading a strong field in Cannock.

Who will qualify?

DRAW

Selected last 128 Matches
Liang Wenbo v Zhao Xintong
Gary Wilson v Jimmy White
Ryan Day v Zhang Anda
Ali Carter v Allan Taylor
Marco Fu v Niu Zhuang
Neil Robertson v Hamza Akbar
Barry Hawkins v Robin Hull
Stuart Carrington v Lukas Kleckers
Luca Brecel v Andy Lee
Hossein Vafaei v Hammad Miah
John Higgins v Chris Totten
Judd Trump v Jak Jones
Jack Lisowski v Alfie Burden
Graeme Dott v Gerard Greene
Yan Bingtao v Fan Zhengyi
Stuart Bingham v Chef Zifan
Yuan Sijun v Ian Burns
Kyren Wilson v ChenFeilong
Anthony Hamilton v James Wattana
Tom Ford v Oliver Lines
Shaun Murphy v Adam Stefanow
David Gilbert v Sean O'Sullivan
Ricky Walden v James Cahill
Ken Doherty v Paul Davison

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Fuhua Group China Open Qualifying !!

Postby manicpb

Literally just bought tickets for me and the old man for Wednesday to watch Jimmy White and Ken Doherty (and Shaun Murphy to an extent). Anyone know how many tables are in the venue and if it's a one off, one on format?

Postby Andre147

I dont think it was THAT expected that ROS would miss this event...

He did play in it last year when the prize money was the same, so we couldnt be sure this time.

I'm glad he didnt though, hope he prepares properly for the Worlds and is not snookered out like last season.

Postby HappyCamper

manicpb wrote:Literally just bought tickets for me and the old man for Wednesday to watch Jimmy White and Ken Doherty (and Shaun Murphy to an extent). Anyone know how many tables are in the venue and if it's a one off, one on format?

it's the first time the venue has been used as far as i know. but according to the world snooker schedule there should be max seven matches all starting at the same time each session.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:I dont think it was THAT expected that ROS would miss this event...

He did play in it last year when the prize money was the same, so we couldnt be sure this time.

I'm glad he didnt though, hope he prepares properly for the Worlds and is not snookered out like last season.

I think it's been pretty clear that Ronnie has decided (for this season, at least) that he's not going to play in any event that requires him to go to qualifying.

Postby Wildey

manicpb wrote:Literally just bought tickets for me and the old man for Wednesday to watch Jimmy White and Ken Doherty (and Shaun Murphy to an extent). Anyone know how many tables are in the venue and if it's a one off, one on format?

Theres a maximum of 7 tables some sessions has 7 Matches others have 6 Matches and Tomorrow night only 4 Matches. http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?tz ... emplate=45

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I dont think it was THAT expected that ROS would miss this event...

I think it's been pretty clear that Ronnie has decided (for this season, at least) that he's not going to play in any event that requires him to go to qualifying.

also true.

Postby Wildey

Wildey wrote:

Theres a maximum of 7 tables some sessions has 7 Matches others have 6 Matches and Tomorrow night only 4 Matches. http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?tz ... emplate=45

Ronnies Next tournament will be the players Championship 4th of March and as the rankings stand at the Moment his 1st Match will be John Higgins but with the final to be played and Shoot out that can change.

Postby manicpb

Wildey wrote:

That's why I thought there might only be 4 tables and they might roll on the other matches as the others finished.

Thanks for the replies anyway guys, I'm sure if they do play at the same times Jimmy and Ken will be opposite ends of the hall!

Postby Deewee

manicpb wrote:
Wildey wrote:

That's why I thought there might only be 4 tables and they might roll on the other matches as the others finished.

Thanks for the replies anyway guys, I'm sure if they do play at the same times Jimmy and Ken will be opposite ends of the hall!

They wouldn't be able to play all the matches in a day if they only had four tables, Robertson's match was moved to Tuesday, that's why there's only four matches tomorrow night

Postby Wildey

Dominic Dale made the trip from Cardiff where he was working for BBC Wales last night to canock either late last night or early this morning to play and Rhys Clark his oponement didnt show up meaning Dale wins 6-0.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Dominic Dale made the trip from Cardiff where he was working for BBC Wales last night to canock either late last night or early this morning to play and Rhys Clark his oponement didnt show up meaning Dale wins 6-0.

That's probably a relief for him. Get some kip.

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:Rhys Clark has given up the game hasn’t he?

according to Elliot Slessor on twitter his car Broke down

Postby Sauce321

A commentator did mention yesterday an upcoming tournament with long races from the first round, best of 17 or something.

Is it this event ?

Postby D4P

Sauce321 wrote:A commentator did mention yesterday an upcoming tournament with long races from the first round, best of 17 or something.

Is it this event ?

This event is best-of-11s through the Quarter-Finals.

The Tour Championship will be bo17, bo19, bo25 in its 3 rounds.

Postby Wildey

Today Live scoring has had problems im not sure how it works but Ashley Hugill is on 0.78 second a shot and his average now has gone up from around 30 to 28.

this thing of relying on teckno to punish people is a load of crap..just let the refs do their job and treat each shot on merit.

Postby HappyCamper

Wildey wrote:Today Live scoring has had problems im not sure how it works but Ashley Hugill is on 0.78 second a shot and his average now has gone up from around 30 to 28.

this thing of relying on teckno to punish people is a load of crap..just let the refs do their job and treat each shot on merit.

I thought it just works off the electronic scorer that the refs use these days anyway.