Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Qualifiers !!!

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:It's the anniversary of Paul Hunter's death.

Time flies so fast. Still remember his Mastersfinal and comeback against Ronnie in 2004. And his very entertaining match against Stevens at the Crucible the same year. Back then I was 12. Now I'm 26.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Now I'm 26.

You're still a baby.

Don't know. Maybe I'm on the decline and past my prime. <laugh>

Just joking. I guess its still a young age but I've heard that time flies very fast once you hit the 30.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Don't know. Maybe I'm on the decline and past my prime. <laugh>

Just joking. I guess its still a young age but I've heard that time flies very fast once you hit the 30.

Time flies once you hit 18, more like.

I think of myself as mid-twenties, I turned 38 last week.

Postby Dan-cat

Time is an illusion really. Sometimes it seems fast, sometimes it seems slow. Pack as many experiences as you can in. Make the video tape in your head of your life as action packed as possible. :-D

The most important time is right now: the present moment. That's the only bit you have control over. Make it a good bit!

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:Time is an illusion really. Sometimes it seems fast, sometimes it seems slow. Pack as many experiences as you can in. Make the video tape in your head of your life as action packed as possible. :-D

The most important time is right now: the present moment. That's the only bit you have control over. Make it a good bit!

Spot on.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Dan-cat wrote:Robbo has won a tournament every year since his first in 2006, usually early in the season.

True, but TR is right. Robbo should have won more WC's than Selbo since he's got more raw ability, yet that hasn't happened.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Robbo has won a tournament every year since his first in 2006, usually early in the season.

True, but TR is right. Robbo should have won more WC's than Selbo since he's got more raw ability, yet that hasn't happened.

And I forgot to make a point. You also have to look at the tourneys he's won, especially this year. The Riga Masters isn't exactly a major tourney.

Postby TheRocket

Johnny Bravo wrote:

I wouldnt say more than Selby but 2 world titles in difference is quite huge. Should be a lot closer. But its Robbos fault. Selby is a hard worker and has made the most out his ability while Robbo hasnt.

Robbo wasted his time playing FIFA and World of Warcraft.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I wouldnt say more than Selby but 2 world titles in difference is quite huge. Should be a lot closer. But its Robbos fault. Selby is a hard worker and has made the most out his ability while Robbo hasnt.

I don't understand people like Robbo. Why not play real football, like a man ?
Maybe I'm too harsh, but I feel that only nerds or people with weak bodies play on computer instead of outside.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I feel sorry for Oliver Lines. He is clearly a talented player and back on tour after dropping off last year. He is struggling for results this season.

I sometimes think these younger players would benefit from guidance from an older pro. Like a 'mentoring' scheme.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

Maybe I'm too harsh, but I feel that only nerds or people with weak bodies play on computer instead of outside.

Absolute bullocks. It's possible to do both.

Postby TheRocket

@Johnny Bravo

I think its a general problem of society. Smartphones, tablets , computers, video games or whatever just changed our lifes. You don't see any 10 year old kid nowadays not having interest in this stuff.

In my personal opinion thats a key reason the younger snooker generation or tennis generation for that matter are weak as hell compared to the older players and all time greats. The youngsters lack mentality,determination and everything else you need to be a Champ .

They are all addicted to that stuff and can't even stay a second away from it. Their concentration level is just utter weak.

And Robbo is a prime example that even a full grown man couldn't escape from it.

Postby Alex0paul

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I feel sorry for Oliver Lines. He is clearly a talented player and back on tour after dropping off last year. He is struggling for results this season.

I sometimes think these younger players would benefit from guidance from an older pro. Like a 'mentoring' scheme.

If only his dad was a player

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I think the Nugget was a sucker for a game of Galaxians.

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I mean, the concept of being a 'real man' is bullocks, obviously. But even if it weren't, I don't think modern footballers can exactly be held up as the paragon!

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I think the Nugget was a sucker for a game of Galaxians.

Before my time, but I still play regularly.

I take issue with Johnny's assertion that only nerds and "people with weak bodies" play computer games. That's just complete nonsense lol.