Post a reply

Re: OPPO International Championship Qualifiers !!!

Postby Wildey

A bit of a turn up Peter Lines beats Higgins 6-3.

Higgins form is a concern he did not play well in china championship despite reaching the final then he pulled out of European Masters i thought he might have taken that break to work on things that wasent right however it seems in vein he was awful today.

Postby Andre147

Great breakbullilders like Ronnie are rarely in trouble when making a break.

Like Wild says, thats the difference between them and players who make a good break with great recovery pots every now and then.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Great breakbullilders like Ronnie are rarely in trouble when making a break.

Like Wild says, thats the difference between them and players who make a good break with great recovery pots every now and then.

What makes Ronnie special is the speed of thought to play the right shot to make pots easy. Ding not as fast but he too when he is on it nothing looks difficult

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:A bit of a turn up Peter Lines beats Higgins 6-3.

Higgins form is a concern he did not play well in china championship despite reaching the final then he pulled out of European Masters i thought he might have taken that break to work on things that wasent right however it seems in vein he was awful today.

Nah he'll be fine.

It's not even been two weeks since the China Championship final after all. Not much time to work on issues.

I'll be amazed if Higgins doesn't win anything this season. He's had these periods of terrible form pretty regularly over the course of his career, particularly his later career. He'll bounce back <ok>

Postby Andre147

Yes Higgins has this tendency to play horrible for some tournaments and then bounce back to win one or two. He'll win at least one this season I'm sure.

Postby vodkadiet

Given that Wattana and Hamilton have both been on the tour for such a long time and the fact that both have been in the upper echelons of the game for much of their careers I found it bizarre that today's match was only their second meeting. this is Wattana's 30th season and it's Hamilton's 28th season.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 12 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:Given that Wattana and Hamilton have both been on the tour for such a long time and the fact that both have been in the upper echelons of the game for much of their careers I could it bizarre that today's match was only their second meeting. this is Wattana's 30th season and it's Hamilton's 28th season.

That really is most remarkable

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
carayip wrote:What’s up with Murphy? He’s terrible this season.

Just seen it on Live scores. white washed. :dizzy:

Wasnt Trump whitewashed 6-0 too in some China qualifiers v Michael Wild last season?

Horrible result there for Murphy, but at least Baird is a better player than Wild is for sure.

Postby carayip

Andre147 wrote:
Wasnt Trump whitewashed 6-0 too in some China qualifiers v Michael Wild last season?

Horrible result there for Murphy, but at least Baird is a better player than Wild is for sure.

Including Paul Hunter Classic, Murphy has already lost 4 qualifying matches this season.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think there is an unusual level of Strontium in my tap water. I need to buy a filtration system.

I blame Jimmy Robertson.

Does he work for Thames Water?

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I think there is an unusual level of Strontium in my tap water. I need to buy a filtration system.

I blame Jimmy Robertson.

Does he work for Thames Water?

He's not that incompetent.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Gonna ask the local council to name a road after Jimmy. They'll probably tell me to buck off but there's no harm asking eh?

There is a road in Stoke Newington named after a former Australian player in the 1980s.

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Gonna ask the local council to name a road after Jimmy. They'll probably tell me to buck off but there's no harm asking eh?

There is a road in Stoke Newington named after a former Australian player in the 1980s.

Campbell Way?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Wildey wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Campbell Way?

No, it would be like Robertson Road.

Or Jimmy Avenue. I dunno.