Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Selby really strugling at the moment but hes been here before and managed to pull himself up.

thats the advantage Selby has over a lot of other players he scraps for every last crum and he can stil maintain a ranking without hitting 50% of his capabilities and eventually his form will come.

"he scraps for every last crum".

Liked that one from Wildey. <laugh>

Verrry true though,every crum counts. <ok>

If Hendry had Selby's Mindset he would have easily won more World Titles and ranking titles.

Funny you wrote that,i was just thinkin the exact same thing and was thinkin bout writin it,but i then let it be. :-D

Aye,if Hendry had of changed his game,when his long pottin and gettin difficult pots started to plunge,stopped attackin so much,started to adapt his game,maken it more balanced and scrapped for crumbs,every last crumb,then yep,i,m sure most would agree,that he definatley would of won even more than he did,but the stubborn dumpling did,nt,he was,nt even intrested in fightin for crumbs never mind the last crumb. >-( :-D

Postby Wildey

Dott has really let this match slip through his fingers one last chance a clearance to win by 1 point

Postby Wildey

A Very relieved Graeme Dott as he pulled something from somewhere to win the decider having been on the verge of losing from 4-1 up

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Dott has really let this match slip through his fingers one last chance a clearance to win by 1 point

I watched the live scoring and realised that he could win by as you say 1 point.

The Wee Man indeed does it,he makes a 38 clearence to snatch the match by just a single point!.

He trailed by 59pts in that decider.

VERY WELL DONE GRAEME,GET INNN THERE LADDIE!!. :clap: :cracker: :happy:

Where,s Snooky147?. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

Also well done to Bingtao,he only knocked in a single 50+ break,in fact it was a *128* in the very 1st frame,Wakelin shot four 60+ers but loses 5-4.

Postby hendry_fan

Pretty impressive display from O`Donnell by his standards as he throws four 50+ers against the defending champ Brecel in his 5-3 against him.

A bitter pill for Ants McGill as he came back from bein 3-0 down to lead 4-3,but then to go on and lose against Xintong 5-4. :-(

MJW sends Kendo packing with a whitewash in a not a high quality scorering match.

Postby Alex0paul

Brecel is just going to fade back into obscurity in twelve months once his points come off

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Roland used to refer to Brecel as a genius?

Is Roland ever coming back to this forum ?! :huh:

After all, he created it. It is not ok to leave your creation behind. :td:

Or has Wildey banned him ?! :chuckle:

Postby Iranu

Johnny Bravo wrote:
After all, he created it. It is not ok to leave your creation behind. :td:

God disagrees.

Just kidding. There is no God.

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey mentioned the word "crum" earlier,which is actually spellt crumb,but i guess they say/write crum in Wales. ;-) :-D

The word reminded me of a classic vid which i have in my youtube favourites,i remember how good old Earl the Pearl said,....

,...."well i was about to get into a fight with a guy in the audience,i mean he,s sittin there treatin me like i,m some kinda crumb or somethin". rofl rofl

It was a classic match and interview at the end was also a classic,both had quite a few antics throughout.

What a charachter Earl is. rofl

I thought i,d share the vid with you all.

At 42:53 he called someone in the audience an ***hole! and at 43:14,he even told Mrs Tabb to "Shut up". :shock: and at 1:45:05,he went nuts!. <laugh>

At 1:49:17 he mentions the "crumb".

https://youtu.be/63cpzcKAvdE
Last edited by hendry_fan on 25 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Drew1404

Some interesting matches coming up! Surprise 5-4 for xintong beating mcgill who has been playing decent stuff recently, or is it a surprise. That win puts zhao on a 16-3 win loss record this season, very impressive. One of the guys who beat him? Fergal. They play each other next round. Ryan day has a tricky match in hossan vafaei, should be good. Ding vs one of the young stars of the future yan sijun is on tv, but I expect ding to be too strong for the 18 year old who beat ursenbacher in the last round. I expect Selby to end bingyus run, I think it would be one of the greatest upsets ever if Selby lost this one. Bingham vs bingtao should be good, but bingtao needs to do more imo ever since he got to the ni final I haven't seen much else to get me excited. Hawkins has a tricky tie against noppon.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Drew1404 wrote:Some interesting matches coming up! Surprise 5-4 for xintong beating mcgill who has been playing decent stuff recently, or is it a surprise. That win puts zhao on a 16-3 win loss record this season, very impressive. One of the guys who beat him? Fergal. They play each other next round. Ryan day has a tricky match in hossan vafaei, should be good. Ding vs one of the young stars of the future yan sijun is on tv, but I expect ding to be too strong for the 18 year old who beat ursenbacher in the last round. I expect Selby to end bingyus run, I think it would be one of the greatest upsets ever if Selby lost this one. Bingham vs bingtao should be good, but bingtao needs to do more imo ever since he got to the ni final I haven't seen much else to get me excited. Hawkins has a tricky tie against noppon.

Cheers Drew - didn't realise Zhao was doing quite so well. I saw him last season and he impressed me hugely.

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:Wildey mentioned the word "crum" earlier,which is actually spellt crumb,but i guess they say/write crum in Wales. ;-) :-D

The word reminded me of a classic vid which i have in my youtube favourites,i remember how good old Earl the Pearl said,....

,...."well i was about to get into a fight with a guy in the audience,i mean he,s sittin there treatin me like i,m some kinda crumb or somethin". rofl rofl

It was a classic match and interview at the end was also a classic,both had quite a few antics throughout.

What a charachter Earl is. rofl

I thought i,d share the vid with you all.

At 42:53 he called someone in the audience an ***hole! and at 43:14,he even told Mrs Tabb to "Shut up". :shock: and at 1:45:05,he went nuts!. <laugh>

At 1:49:17 he mentions the "crumb".

https://youtu.be/63cpzcKAvdE

Love The Pearl!!

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Roland used to refer to Brecel as a genius?

He also said Liu Song would challenge for a world title

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Selby really strugling at the moment but hes been here before and managed to pull himself up.

thats the advantage Selby has over a lot of other players he scraps for every last crum and he can stil maintain a ranking without hitting 50% of his capabilities and eventually his form will come.

"he scraps for every last crum".

Liked that one from Wildey. <laugh>

Verrry true though,every crum counts. <ok>

If Hendry had Selby's Mindset he would have easily won more World Titles and ranking titles.

Same could be said of Ronnie I suppose.

But that is one of the reasons I dont enjoy Selby' play that often..

Yes he's one of the best tacticians the game has ever seen, and his tenacity to win is second to none, BUT more often than not his matches tend to be exactly like this. He cant really crush opponents the way Hendry and Ronnie did and do so often.

His style of play just isnt suited to that. Hats off to him for the tenacity, but I enjoy more free flowing stuff.