Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Roland used to refer to Brecel as a genius?

He also said Liu Song would challenge for a world title

Technically he has.

If you lose in the first round of qualifying, you've still challenged for it.

It was a failed challenge.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 01 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Wildey mentioned the word "crum" earlier,which is actually spellt crumb,but i guess they say/write crum in Wales. ;-)

The word reminded me of a classic vid which i have in my youtube favourites,i remember how good old Earl the Pearl said,....

,...."well i was about to get into a fight with a guy in the audience,i mean he,s sittin there treatin me like i,m some kinda crumb or somethin". rofl

It was a classic match and interview at the end was also a classic,both had quite a few antics throughout.

What a charachter Earl is. rofl

I thought i,d share the vid with you all.

At 42:53 he called someone in the audience an ***hole! and at 43:14,he even told Mrs Tabb to "Shut up". :shock: and at 1:45:05,he went nuts!. <laugh>

At 1:49:17 he mentions the "crumb".

https://youtu.be/63cpzcKAvdE

Love The Pearl!!

Good morning Dan- :cat:

Yeah,me too.

I would,ve loved to have seen him play against The Hurricane and ,hmm,let me think,now whats his name again, :chin: ,ah,yeah,that crumb Quinten Hann. <laugh>

He played Ronnie a few times and he even played Hendry once. <cool> :-D

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Didn't Roland used to refer to Brecel as a genius?

He also said Liu Song would challenge for a world title

Technically he has.

If you lose in yhe first round of qualifying, you've still challenged for it.

It was a failed challenge.

https://youtu.be/DIA1yROKjIU

;-) :-D

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Robertson vs Dott.

Crucible Final Rematch.

It seems donkeys years since i last saw these 2 play against each other,pity there match today aint streamed.

The last time they played against each other was at the 2016 European Masters in the last 32 in which Robbo won 4-2.

Higgins is up against Xiwen and Donaldsons up against Lisowski today.
Last edited by hendry_fan on 26 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby TheSaviour

Murphy´s flying.

Good Luck Shaun, Wenny and Perry-mate :snowman: :snowman: . I have already almost called it a day, a working day lol. Lot´s of people getting through their days by just text-messaging. But not me.

Feel the season will kick off from the English Open, nevertheless. Not sooner, not later. But still the tournaments like these might be more valuable. They need some guts to make it happen in there. Where´s Michael Georgiou? rofl rofl Or "sharp-looking" Mark Davis? Lads, always try to be carefull with the predictions.. Sharp looks in a local club means nothing regarding playing in China. Always some strange people wandering out there, making it slightly akward. Goes without saying, absolutely nothing wrong with the people like Mavis or Michael. Just those audiences causes an unnecessary problems, I would say.

Need to check it out if it was a sky-rocket once again straight away. But this is a much more balanced playing now. Much better. Just try to finally to get the joke, will you. It´s like the people are actually believing I am getting ghost-wroted and ghost-played. That´s a strange taking but that´s what they just are believing. Probably can´t change that taking. Not that I would even wan´t to. I like it when it is HARD.

Postby Iranu

I think Selby's mentality is more of a problem than his style of play. This is a man who 7 years ago made 6 centuries (joint second most ever) in his match against Hendry at the Worlds.

He used to dominate opponents pretty regularly but it just doesn't seem to happen now for one reason or another. He's constantly scrapping his way to victory.

He's 6th on the all time list for century breaks. You can't tell me that's a player whose game isn't set up for dominating opponents. John Parrott used to call him the Hoover for a reason.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Iranu wrote:I think Selby's mentality is more of a problem than his style of play. This is a man who 7 years ago made 6 centuries (joint second most ever) in his match against Hendry at the Worlds.

He used to dominate opponents pretty regularly but it just doesn't seem to happen now for one reason or another. He's constantly scrapping his way to victory.

He's 6th on the all time list for century breaks. You can't tell me that's a player whose game isn't set up for dominating opponents. John Parrott used to call him the Hoover for a reason.

:goodpost:

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Selby really strugling at the moment but hes been here before and managed to pull himself up.

thats the advantage Selby has over a lot of other players he scraps for every last crum and he can stil maintain a ranking without hitting 50% of his capabilities and eventually his form will come.

"he scraps for every last crum".

Liked that one from Wildey. <laugh>

Verrry true though,every crum counts. <ok>

If Hendry had Selby's Mindset he would have easily won more World Titles and ranking titles.

Same could be said of Ronnie I suppose.

But that is one of the reasons I dont enjoy Selby' play that often..

Yes he's one of the best tacticians the game has ever seen, and his tenacity to win is second to none, BUT more often than not his matches tend to be exactly like this. He cant really crush opponents the way Hendry and Ronnie did and do so often.

His style of play just isnt suited to that. Hats off to him for the tenacity, but I enjoy more free flowing stuff.

But that's exactly why i Love watching Selby play its fascinating stuff for me.

I Was a Alex Higgins fan with Cliff Thorburn my second fave and then Jimmy white and the 90s Hendry but thats the contrast about Snooker that i love i enjoy it all and Gamesmanship is something Ray Reardon use to use and i love that too.

Postby hendry_fan

What a decider that was between Xiwen n Higgins.

Both played very good safety at the start of the frame,with Xiwen winning the battle to create the first chance.

He blew it though,as he missed an easy brown.

After that they both had a few decent chances,but both just could,nt capatilise until John finaly made the most of an error of one too many from Xiwen.

Well done John,i have to say,i only managed to see the decider,but judging by the scoering,it was,nt anythin special,i,m sure John fought for every crumb though :-D ,especially in that decider,many reds were in awkward positions.

Tom Ford will be absolutely fuming,he,s not the best o losers,he lost on the final black against O`Donnell.

Good win for Donaldson,i did,nt expect him to beat Jack tbh. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Alex0paul wrote:Come on Graeme

Only a "come on Graeme". :chin:

Sexy Fergals playin too. :-D

Postby Iranu

That frame ball miss from Selby is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier. He's let Bingyu in with a chance of this frame and it's nothing to do with style of play.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:That frame ball miss from Selby is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier. He's let Bingyu in with a chance of this frame and it's nothing to do with style of play.

Hes low on confidence.

Confidence is fickle at the start of last season he had to miss some tournaments because of a injury and hes stil not got that back every match is a battle at the moment.

Postby Wildey

hendry_fan wrote:What a decider that was between Xiwen n Higgins.

Both played very good safety at the start of the frame,with Xiwen winning the battle to create the first chance.

He blew it though,as he missed an easy brown.

After that they both had a few decent chances,but both just could,nt capatilise until John finaly made the most of an error of one too many from Xiwen.

Well done John,i have to say,i only managed to see the decider,but judging by the scoering,it was,nt anythin special,i,m sure John fought for every crumb though :-D ,especially in that decider,many reds were in awkward positions.

Tom Ford will be absolutely fuming,he,s not the best o losers,he lost on the final black against O`Donnell.

Good win for Donaldson,i did,nt expect him to beat Jack tbh. <ok>

one thing about Donaldson he has bottle spades he wont shy away of putting payers away.

not the most consistent Breakbuilder and thats his problem if hes to win tournaments that has to improve

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:That frame ball miss from Selby is a perfect example of what I was talking about earlier. He's let Bingyu in with a chance of this frame and it's nothing to do with style of play.

Hes low on confidence.

Confidence is fickle at the start of last season he had to miss some tournaments because of a injury and hes stil not got that back every match is a battle at the moment.

This has been the case for at least 3-4 years, not just the last season. He's won 2 world titles in that time so if he's been low on confidence all that time then he'll be a scary prospect when he's confident.

I dunno, it just sometimes seems like Selby isn't actually getting any enjoyment out of the game, and I'm not surprised given how difficult it makes it for himself.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Hes low on confidence.

This has been the case for at least 3-4 years, not just the last season. He's won 2 world titles in that time so if he's been low on confidence all that time then he'll be a scary prospect when he's confident.

I dunno, it just sometimes seems like Selby isn't actually getting any enjoyment out of the game, and I'm not surprised given how difficult it makes it for himself.

Selby has enjoyment out of winning matches when hes not at his best Hendry or Ronnie never got that