Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby Pink Ball

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I never said anything about endless big breaks so I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

If two players are restricting each other from big breaks through consistently good safety then that's great to watch. But that wasn't the case yesterday. Their safety was only good in patches.

Lots of mistakes add excitement at the end of a match. Not at the start. Constant mistakes throughout a match is boring because you come to expect them. It's only when they start to affect imminently who'll win the match that it gets exciting. MJW-Gilbert featured a better standard, a comeback, and just as dramatic a finish.

Perhaps if everyone disagrees with you, you may be the one who's wrong? Did you consider that?

Your superior and dismissive attitute is getting pretty bucking tiresome to be perfectly honest, as are your constant rude and belligerent posts towards not just specific posters but the forum members in general as well. TheRocket's joke aside, you'd ban people for far less than the constant foul-mouthed diatribes you spout off on here.

I guess this is what most people, me included, feel about him.

I must turn a mod so I can ban him for bad language!

I also thought it was a shitty final, and nothing to do with no big breaks... safety play wasnt great and both struggling pretty badly.

Wild's wrong point is that any final that ends in a decider or close to it is exciting, but thats just wrong in my view.. this one wasnt exciting one bit and I was just hoping it ended.

Andre you know buck all about snooker thats becoming ever more bucking clear now you mod the bucking place ill ban myself

absalute bucking idiot

Have a bubble bath

Postby SnookerFan

You know, I meant what I said about Wild. He's been an excellent mod, and I don't want him to leave the forum altogether, even if he 'retires' from moderating. I'd still welcome him back. His work is appreciated.

But, having said that, I can't agree with or condone what he said about Andre. We don't have to agree on everything about snooker, any of us. But there's no call to say somebody knows fuck-all, or to just insult him.

Andre is alright, in my opinion. And the opinion, I think, of most of us.

Postby Cloud Strife

Dan-cat wrote:Ouch this is a painful read.

So if not Andre who else could be a mod?

Look in the mirror and you'll find the answer staring you right in the face!

I think you'd be the perfect candidate.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:

Good to see you back Cloud.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:You know, I meant what I said about Wild. He's been an excellent mod, and I don't want him to leave the forum altogether, even if he 'retires' from moderating. I'd still welcome him back. His work is appreciated.

But, having said that, I can't agree with or condone what he said about Andre. We don't have to agree on everything about snooker, any of us. But there's no call to say somebody knows fuck-all, or to just insult him.

Andre is alright, in my opinion. And the opinion, I think, of most of us.

It all got a bit silly over the last 24 hours.

Wild is an excellent moderator. I have been on forums where you can't have any fun without getting banned. Wild has managed this place well, and I say that having been recently banned. He was fair in that and explained the reasons sensibly.

He might have said some strong stuff today but that can't invalidate all the good he has done for this place.

I hope we can all move on and that nobody bucks off over this as I like all of your company on here.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:Although I've only been regularly posting for a couple of years, I've actually been here since the move from 606. Believe me, this place is nowhere near as bad as it was when red frogs like Witz and Smart were posting here. I've read more than a few forums in my time and this is no different than any other, in fact better than many.

For what it's worth, I actually think Andre and Snookerfan would both be good mods.

Wild, I'd also like to apologise for my post yesterday. Whether I feel that way or not, it was an over the top reaction and I'm sorry for that. There was no need for it.

Calling Andre an absolute bucking idiot because he disagrees with you is a bit uncalled for, though.

Bit below the belt that dig. Those two were outstanding posters and brought alot to the forum, imo. Obviously not your cup of tea, but to dismiss them in that manner is abit...harsh, I would say.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Dan-cat would be a fine moderator.

Oh but wait! Isn't he a Ronnie fan?

I'm afraid that rules him out instantly.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I was never away.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I was never away.

buck ya then

Postby Pink Ball

Wild is a very good moderator and has been very fair on me in the past – perhaps even too fair!

I've PMd him to let him know what I thought of what he said to Andre. I love winding Wildey up, but I believe he's decent at heart. I make no apologies for thinking it was a rubbish match – and I've watched snooker for over 40 years: Guild Hall, Waterfront, Goffs, Wembley, Crucible, Citywest, Tempodrom, and I'm probably forgetting a few more. I'm also a very good player, for what it's worth, which I personally don't think is much.

Wildey owes Andre an apology, whatever he thought of a final that'll be forgotten about next week.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Iranu wrote:Although I've only been regularly posting for a couple of years, I've actually been here since the move from 606. Believe me, this place is nowhere near as bad as it was when red frogs like Witz and Smart were posting here. I've read more than a few forums in my time and this is no different than any other, in fact better than many.

For what it's worth, I actually think Andre and Snookerfan would both be good mods.

Wild, I'd also like to apologise for my post yesterday. Whether I feel that way or not, it was an over the top reaction and I'm sorry for that. There was no need for it.

Calling Andre an absolute bucking idiot because he disagrees with you is a bit uncalled for, though.

Bit below the belt that dig. Those two were outstanding posters and brought alot to the forum, imo. Obviously not your cup of tea, but to dismiss them in that manner is abit...harsh, I would say.

Smart brought a hell of a lot to this forum – most of it positive, in my opinion. And he knew his snooker. He is missed, at least by me.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Dan-cat would be a fine moderator.

Oh but wait! Isn't he a Ronnie fan?

I'm afraid that rules him out instantly.

I'm afraid it does.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Smart brought a hell of a lot to this forum – most of it positive, in my opinion. And he knew his snooker. He is missed, at least by me.

I agree about Smart, but he has a point. There was more of an edge to the forum originally than there is now.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Yeah well I am glad you did not mention me as a possible moderator as I wouldn't have wanted it anyway.

for the record id wish roland had pulled the plug on this place ive had a gutfull dealing with bucking idiots daily.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah well I am glad you did not mention me as a possible moderator as I wouldn't have wanted it anyway.

for the record id wish roland had pulled the plug on this place ive had a gutfull dealing with bucking idiots daily.

If you wished that... then why do you still post on the Forum?

Postby Iranu

Cloud Strife wrote:

Maybe. Personally I found them more annoying than funny. They also regularly derailed threads from what I remember.

One of them, Witz I think, referred to Pankaj Advani as a poo emoji on multiple occasion. To me that steps across a line into unacceptable racism and that's unforgivable in my opinion.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:So who does that leave then? Alex0Paul?

He ain't big on Selbo.

I quite like Selby.

Sign me up!