Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby Wildey

and for the record i sugested that Andre would make a great Mod.

Roland had a look through some of your post and decided there was a bit too much posts suporting some idiotic view points and vetoed it.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:and for the record i sugested that Andre would make a great Mod.

Roland had a look through some of your post and decided there was a bit too much posts suporting some idiotic view points and vetoed it.

It's a shame that he feels this way.

Andre is quite a popular poster on here. And I find him quite fair if you don't agree with his viewpoint on something. I don't see him being a bad mod.

But even without this being about one particular poster, extra mods is something this place needs. You're the only one left, Wild. And if you're not enjoying the moderating any more, or don't have the time, it's not really fair that you're the only one left doing it. You've done a lot of hard work over the years. (Which I appreciate.) It's a shame if you can't "retire" if you want to.

I won't even ask what Roland's opinion on the suggestion that I was mod, was. rofl

Seriously though, there are a lot of people on here who legitimately love this place. And want it to stay around. I don't see why somebody else can't be trusted to be mods, if the powers that be aren't as interested nowadays.

Postby Wildey

you know what snookerfan over the last couple of years ive realised exactly what roland means.

ive had enough now so some home truth time.

Postby Wildey

Ive worked tierdsly over a long period keeping this ass hole of a place going while other Mods screwed off because it was full of bucking hammers posting bucking rubbish why do you think Skullman screwed off.

and despite all the hard work ive put in some of you think you can do better well go on then its all bucking yourse

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Ive worked tierdsly over a long period keeping this ass hole of a place going while other Mods screwed off because it was full of bucking hammers posting bucking rubbish why do you think Skullman screwed off.

and despite all the hard work ive put in some of you think you can do better well go on then its all bucking yourse

Come on Wild, nobody thinks that.

You're the one who is always saying you don't have time for it any more. The reason the suggestions for more mods came up, or at least the reason I made it, was because it is such hard work. If you don't have time, or the passion for it, the idea was there'd be others around to help.

It's obviously a thankless job, and believe me you've been a good mod over the years. That's certainly my opinion. People were wanting to assist you, not replace you.

There used to be three or four mods, now there's just you doing all the work. It's not fair to expect you to do everything. That's all that this was about. Not trying to slate you about the job you're doing.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I never said anything about endless big breaks so I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

If two players are restricting each other from big breaks through consistently good safety then that's great to watch. But that wasn't the case yesterday. Their safety was only good in patches.

Lots of mistakes add excitement at the end of a match. Not at the start. Constant mistakes throughout a match is boring because you come to expect them. It's only when they start to affect imminently who'll win the match that it gets exciting. MJW-Gilbert featured a better standard, a comeback, and just as dramatic a finish.

Perhaps if everyone disagrees with you, you may be the one who's wrong? Did you consider that?

Your superior and dismissive attitute is getting pretty bucking tiresome to be perfectly honest, as are your constant rude and belligerent posts towards not just specific posters but the forum members in general as well. TheRocket's joke aside, you'd ban people for far less than the constant foul-mouthed diatribes you spout off on here.

I guess this is what most people, me included, feel about him.

I must turn a mod so I can ban him for bad language!

I also thought it was a shitty final, and nothing to do with no big breaks... safety play wasnt great and both struggling pretty badly.

Wild's wrong point is that any final that ends in a decider or close to it is exciting, but thats just wrong in my view.. this one wasnt exciting one bit and I was just hoping it ended.

Andre you know buck all about snooker thats becoming ever more bucking clear now you mod the bucking place ill ban myself

absalute bucking idiot

Postby Iranu

Although I've only been regularly posting for a couple of years, I've actually been here since the move from 606. Believe me, this place is nowhere near as bad as it was when red frogs like Witz and Smart were posting here. I've read more than a few forums in my time and this is no different than any other, in fact better than many.

For what it's worth, I actually think Andre and Snookerfan would both be good mods.

Wild, I'd also like to apologise for my post yesterday. Whether I feel that way or not, it was an over the top reaction and I'm sorry for that. There was no need for it.

Calling Andre an absolute bucking idiot because he disagrees with you is a bit uncalled for, though.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Andre you know buck all about snooker thats becoming ever more bucking clear now you mod the bucking place ill ban myself

absalute bucking idiot

Thats just a bit over the top but I'm alreadg used to you being arrogant and disrespectful to other people opinions...

It doesnt surprise me one bit that Roland doesnt want me as a mod, I had some arguments with him in the past, all fair and valid points but Roland, much like you, dont accept when someone disagrees with them.

I've never been disrespectful to anyone here, and most posters can testify that.

And saying I dont know anything about snooker just shows your character...

Postby Andre147

And for the record, some of the best matches Ive seen have involved Higgins and Selby, the 2009 world quarters a prime example.

This final was rubbish from frame 1, no matter which players were involved.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:And for the record, some of the best matches Ive seen have involved Higgins and Selby, the 2009 world quarters a prime example.

Need i say more why ive had enough idiotic posts like that <doh> <doh>

i tried to ban myself the bloody thing wouldnt allow it.

when roland gets new mods please ban me permantly

Postby SnookerFan

We could all just agree to disagree on the China Championship final. Is it really that important that we all agree as to whether it was an enjoyable match?

I mean, there is a new tournament going on at the moment. Why not focus on that?

Postby kolompar

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And for the record, some of the best matches Ive seen have involved Higgins and Selby, the 2009 world quarters a prime example.

Need i say more why ive had enough idiotic posts like that <doh> <doh>

i tried to ban myself the bloody thing wouldnt allow it.

when roland gets new mods please ban me permantly

rofl
You leaving the forum because not everyone liked a rubbish match?

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:Andre you know buck all about snooker thats becoming ever more bucking clear now you mod the bucking place ill ban myself

absalute bucking idiot

Wow, relax Wild. You're out of order.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Iranu wrote:Although I've only been regularly posting for a couple of years, I've actually been here since the move from 606. Believe me, this place is nowhere near as bad as it was when red frogs like Witz and Smart were posting here. I've read more than a few forums in my time and this is no different than any other, in fact better than many.

For what it's worth, I actually think Andre and Snookerfan would both be good mods.

Wild, I'd also like to apologise for my post yesterday. Whether I feel that way or not, it was an over the top reaction and I'm sorry for that. There was no need for it.

Calling Andre an absolute bucking idiot because he disagrees with you is a bit uncalled for, though.

:goodpost: :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:Roland had a look through some of your post and decided there was a bit too much posts suporting some idiotic view points and vetoed it.

Roland should get his head examined. Andre is a very balanced and well behaved poster in my opinion. He would be a great mod.

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Don’t show me a public pisshouse and tell me it’s the Taj Mahal.

Classic.

More like the Todger Mahal amirite?

Postby Andre147

Yes sadly the thread got derailed because someone doesnt agree with other people opinions.

Most here thought it was rubbish, one or two thought it was great. What's the big deal about it?

Isnt this an OPINION Forum in the first place?

Lets just enjoy the Snooker without insulting others.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Yes sadly the thread got derailed because someone doesnt agree with other people opinions.

Most here thought it was rubbish, one or two thought it was great. What's the big deal about it?

:goodpost: :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Yes sadly the thread got derailed because someone doesnt agree with other people opinions.

How is Selby playing?