Post a reply

Re: Evergrande China Championship

Postby Andre147

I agree with MDG though...

Very few players could have won that match the way Selby lost that 17th frame.

He's a mental titan and nevet knows when he's beat.

Playing Selby, you either beat him confortably, or it's almost impossible to beat him in a big close match.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
kolompar wrote:Hope these two never get to a final again. Only good thing in this match was Ivy.

Fully agree. Ivy was by far the best thing in this final. She looked stunning.

buck off it was a great final best this season by Miles. Standard of play has buck all to do with quality of match if people can't apreciate
that then snooker not the sport for you.

Postby TheRocket

I think you should ban yourself for bad language.

If you enjoy that type of match its fine. But dont expect others to think and feel that way.

I don't enjoy matches when both players even struggle to make a 30+ break and miss many sitters.

And I bet the majority of Snooker viewers and fans feel that way.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
kolompar wrote:Hope these two never get to a final again. Only good thing in this match was Ivy.

buck off it was a great final best this season by Miles. Standard of play has buck all to do with quality of match if people can't apreciate

The only "great" part of the match was the last few frames and that was only because the crap play added to the drama. That doesn't make up for the poor 15-odd frames beforehand.

The World Open at least was a better final. Better standard and just as dramatic.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

The only "great" part of the match was the last few frames and that was only because the crap play added to the drama. That doesn't make up for the poor 15-odd frames beforehand.

The World Open at least was a better final. Better standard and just as dramatic.

Rubbish it was competitive match and you did not know who would win until the last balls was potted. Great final people just has no concept of exciting snooker on here and endless big breaks does not give the same excitement as as lots of mistakes does.

Postby Iranu

I never said anything about endless big breaks so I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

If two players are restricting each other from big breaks through consistently good safety then that's great to watch. But that wasn't the case yesterday. Their safety was only good in patches.

Lots of mistakes add excitement at the end of a match. Not at the start. Constant mistakes throughout a match is boring because you come to expect them. It's only when they start to affect imminently who'll win the match that it gets exciting. MJW-Gilbert featured a better standard, a comeback, and just as dramatic a finish.

Perhaps if everyone disagrees with you, you may be the one who's wrong? Did you consider that?

Your superior and dismissive attitute is getting pretty bucking tiresome to be perfectly honest, as are your constant rude and belligerent posts towards not just specific posters but the forum members in general as well. TheRocket's joke aside, you'd ban people for far less than the constant foul-mouthed diatribes you spout off on here.

Postby Wildey

Constant mistakes kept the match close and exciting. Had one player started playing well itcould have been a10-3 Either way now that's boring even with 4 147s in the match.

If both playing rubbish or both playing great that what makes a great match either way would do me.

Postby Alex0paul

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Selby has won 12 of the last ranking finals he competed. Astonishing.

Higgins lost 4 of the last 6 ranking finals he competed. Worrying.

No he hasn’t, he lost to Ding in 2016

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Constant mistakes kept the match close and exciting. Had one player started playing well itcould have been a10-3 Either way now that's boring even with 4 147s in the match.

Well I agree with that, but only one player playing well is pretty different to endless big breaks, which suggests both players are knocking them in.

(Come on though, 4 147s in a match would be extraordinary)

Postby Wildey

Pink Ball wrote:It was an exciting but rubbish match.

One of the most shittiest but exciting finals of all time is still talked about and re created every few years 30+ years later.

You could argue standard of play is overhyped when it comes to memerable matches.

Ive seen finals where both players played some good stuff in finishing 9-2 or 10-3 because on one given time if one player gets in first he could win 10 frames and the other guy making 3 centuries in the 3 frame he won.

Yesterday every frame was contested not once you had the feeling well that frame gone when they got in.

Snooker success was build around play like that its just in the last 20 years where this ome chance and frame over has come in.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:It was an exciting but rubbish match.

One of the most shittiest but exciting finals of all time is still talked about and re created every few years 30+ years later.

Davis vs Joe Johnson?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I also thought the 1985 final was exciting but rubbish.

To be fair, that was Wild's point.

i guess its what you want from a match.

i want drama and excitement and you do get more of that from poor play rather than brilliance.

that what stands Snooker apart from other Sports.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:I never said anything about endless big breaks so I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

If two players are restricting each other from big breaks through consistently good safety then that's great to watch. But that wasn't the case yesterday. Their safety was only good in patches.

Lots of mistakes add excitement at the end of a match. Not at the start. Constant mistakes throughout a match is boring because you come to expect them. It's only when they start to affect imminently who'll win the match that it gets exciting. MJW-Gilbert featured a better standard, a comeback, and just as dramatic a finish.

Perhaps if everyone disagrees with you, you may be the one who's wrong? Did you consider that?

Your superior and dismissive attitute is getting pretty bucking tiresome to be perfectly honest, as are your constant rude and belligerent posts towards not just specific posters but the forum members in general as well. TheRocket's joke aside, you'd ban people for far less than the constant foul-mouthed diatribes you spout off on here.

I guess this is what most people, me included, feel about him.

I must turn a mod so I can ban him for bad language!

I also thought it was a shitty final, and nothing to do with no big breaks... safety play wasnt great and both struggling pretty badly.

Wild's wrong point is that any final that ends in a decider or close to it is exciting, but thats just wrong in my view.. this one wasnt exciting one bit and I was just hoping it ended.

Postby Pink Ball

If that were a final of similar quality between Ricky Walden and Mark King, there would be no debate.

Because it’s Selbo and Higgins, it’s mandatory to ejaculate.

It was a rubbish match. Exciting at the end, but overwhelmingly rubbish. Thankfully I have the confidence to defend myself having watched and lived for snooker for over 40 years.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

Comparing Frame 35 of a World Championship final (something that's only happened three times) that took place at the height of a huge Snooker boom to the final of the China Championship.

Postby Pink Ball

I can get over someone saying it was an exciting final, honestly, because it was. What I can’t put up with hearing about how incredible these two fellas were.

They’re incredible players. They were as rubbish as each other on Sunday. They both have incredible bottle. But they were both rubbish on Sunday. We only get this with these two fellas. They seem to have a duopoly on snooker people’s jizz. On Sunday they were rubbish. Get over it. It’s not a crime to admit Higgins and Selbo can be rubbish as well.

Don’t show me a public pisshouse and tell me it’s the Taj Mahal.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:If that were a final of similar quality between Ricky Walden and Mark King, there would be no debate.

Because it’s Selbo and Higgins, it’s mandatory to ejaculate.

It was a rubbish match. Exciting at the end, but overwhelmingly rubbish. Thankfully I have the confidence to defend myself having watched and lived for snooker for over 40 years.

Thats exactly my point.

Just because it involves two great players doesnt make it a good final.

It was rubbish from frame one.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Because it’s Selbo and Higgins, it’s mandatory to ejaculate.

What? You ejaculated?

I hate to tell you this, but that wasn't mandatory.

If you did it, it was through choice.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I don't think - forgive me if I missed it - anybody is saying that it was a great final because Selby or Higgins were participating. Rather, I think it was claimed that it was a gripping spectacle due to the likelihood of errors and also the close scoreline.

I quite like snooker where it is not all centuries as it can be equally gripping. As an example, I watched Anthony MaGill vs Chris Totten and it may well have been the lowest standard of snooker I have ever viewed. It was still fascinating to watch.

I can't help feel that some of the negative sentiment towards the China final harks back to some personal dislike of the players therein.

Postby SnookerFan

I must confess that I drifted off a lot for the early match, especially the first session.

But I do think that, at times, people making mistakes can be entertaining too. As said, you were never sure who was going to win.

I showed more interest the last four frames or so, of this. A couple of times in the last few frames, I thought Higgins had taken the match.

I wouldn't want every match to be like that. But then, at the same time, the good thing about snooker is no two frames are the same.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:I never said anything about endless big breaks so I'll thank you not to put words in my mouth.

I guess this is what most people, me included, feel about him.

I must turn a mod so I can ban him for bad language!

I also thought it was a shitty final, and nothing to do with no big breaks... safety play wasnt great and both struggling pretty badly.

Wild's wrong point is that any final that ends in a decider or close to it is exciting, but thats just wrong in my view.. this one wasnt exciting one bit and I was just hoping it ended.

ive never banned nobody for bad language to start with only the C Word if i banned every buck on here there would be nobody here.

for the record id wish roland had pulled the plug on this place ive had a gutfull dealing with bucking idiots daily.

im very close to quit however there iis nobody else with brains on here to bucking mod the bucking placed