Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Winning the UK, Masters and Worlds in the same season

that would be insane.

This is why you live in perpetual disappointment.

You should lower your expectations a little!

Postby Holden Chinaski

I'm just happy to see Ronnie still playing snooker and feeling good. If you follow his snooker page you can see he's trying to live a healthy life. He can go on playing snooker for many more years if he wants.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:He won't win this tournament.

There's no way. I don't like his body language.

Postby Wildey

Regarding sight right the fact players want to do something different is the key.

doesent matter whats the method if you dont put the work in yourself your screwed theres no easy fix.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Regarding sight right the fact players want to do something different is the key.

doesent matter whats the method if you dont put the work in yourself your screwed theres no easy fix.

Maybe its more mental than anything else, but like you say at least they are trying something different.

Regarding last season, I dont think Ronnie needed any change to his game, but only he knows... sometimes he says he wins but doesnt get through the ball properly... maybe this is an example.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:Regarding sight right the fact players want to do something different is the key.

Maybe its more mental than anything else, but like you say at least they are trying something different.

Regarding last season, I dont think Ronnie needed any change to his game, but only he knows... sometimes he says he wins but doesnt get through the ball properly... maybe this is an example.

The way i look at it if your strugling badly or a young player yea it might help you But Ronnie will gain nothing technical from it how can you teach new method to Ronnie.

Mark Williams has pointed out last season what sight right gave to him the way he lines up the pot and walks in to the table. Ronnie plays on instinct he hasent got time for all that palava.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:Mark Williams has pointed out last season what sight right gave to him the way he lines up the pot and walks in to the table. Ronnie plays on instinct he hasent got time for all that palava.

That's what it seems like, but in reality Ronnie thinks a lot about his cue action and stance and is not affraid to change it. He changed the way he grips the cue with his right hand, for example, when he noticed players like Trump and Robertson were gripping their cue diffrerent. Ronnie worked on it and his long potting improved a lot.

Ronnie's a perfectionist. It seems like he just does everything naturally, but when you listen to him talking about it you realise he's worked on everything and keeps working on it. I think the reason he's now working with Sightright is because he's missing the easy pots now and then. Ronnie's long game is great, after he worked on his gripping hand some years ago, but he's misssing some easy pots now and then. Working on his line up routine might change that.

Postby Holden Chinaski

I wonder if SightRight could have helped Hendry in the later stages of his career when he was struggling with what seemed like the yips...

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The way i look at it if your strugling badly or a young player yea it might help you But Ronnie will gain nothing technical from it how can you teach new method to Ronnie.

Mark Williams has pointed out last season what sight right gave to him the way he lines up the pot and walks in to the table. Ronnie plays on instinct he hasent got time for all that palava.

Ronnie was lining up the same way as Williams for most of this tournament. Standing upright behind the shot before sinking into position.

Also Williams plays almost as instinctively as Ronnie, it just doesn't seem like it because he rolls the balls in.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:Mark Williams has pointed out last season what sight right gave to him the way he lines up the pot and walks in to the table. Ronnie plays on instinct he hasent got time for all that palava.

That's what it seems like, but in reality Ronnie thinks a lot about his cue action and stance and is not affraid to change it. He changed the way he grips the cue with his right hand, for example, when he noticed players like Trump and Robertson were gripping their cue diffrerent. Ronnie worked on it and his long potting improved a lot.

Ronnie's a perfectionist. It seems like he just does everything naturally, but when you listen to him talking about it you realise he's worked on everything and keeps working on it. I think the reason he's now working with Sightright is because he's missing the easy pots now and then. Ronnie's long game is great, after he worked on his gripping hand some years ago, but he's misssing some easy pots now and then. Working on his line up routine might change that.

Yes indeed that grip change that he nicked off Robbo and Trumpo - for long potting - worked a treat.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Fully agree with this.

People who think Ronnie's game is only natural talent need to look again... he's one of the most hard working players on thr tour, many other players have admited this, and therefore if he felt he needed something different, then he should try it.

So far worked a treat... he might have won this tournament regardless, but still it didnt do any harm did it...

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Joe Perry and Mark Allen taking the rubbish out of SightRight on Twitter. I wonder why

From what I understand is that Allen was a SigntRight "member" as well but it didn't work for him so he left. So he thinks poorly of Sightright.

Perry however is a different story. Thats some hateful beef out there on twitter between him and Feeney.
Perry at least admits that SightRight has potential and his criticism is not about the product himself but about Feeney as a person. "Snookerbacker" said Feeney would be over sensitive and obsessive about the money and Perry agreed with him. Feeney of course sees it differently.

K!Re: Shanghai Masters

Postby Andre147

Allen is a tool no doubt.

Just because it didnt work for him doesnt mean it wont work for others.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Mark Williams used to hate on SightRight on Twitter as well. I was very surprised to see him join the SightRight team.

Re: K!Re: Shanghai Masters

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Allen is a tool no doubt.

yea but its just stupid to sugest Sight Right has done any difference to Ronnie's success.

Postby SnookerFan

Am I the only person who thinks that this is a bunch of people arguing about nothing?

Some people use it, and feel it helps them. Fair enough. Some people feel it's not effective, and don't use it. Fair enough.

Why are they all throwing their toys out of their prams on Twitter, just based on whether other people use it or not. Why do they care? Using it isn't compulsory. Nobody is being forced to do anything they don't want to.

Anyway, if each side is so sure they're right, why would they care if other players are using it? If the pro-Sight Right players are so sure it's a good thing, why would they want other players to be aware of it? Surely they're onto an advantage that others aren't. If the anti-Sight Right are so sure it makes no difference, why would they care if other players are doing it or not?

They are all arguing for absolutely no reason.

Postby Dan-cat

Allen learning SightRight is like a dog listening to classical music.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Allen learning SightRight is like a dog listening to classical music.

Except the dog might not understand classical music, but it wouldn't argue with humans who did enjoy it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Am I the only person who thinks that this is a bunch of people arguing about nothing?

You just described 90% of the internet. Particularly social media.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:Also Williams plays almost as instinctively as Ronnie, it just doesn't seem like it because he rolls the balls in.

I never liked that about his game. You should punch the shot in, that's the correct way to play it. Rolling the ball in means u are far more likely to get a kick, a skid or any other sort of bad contact.
Remember that blue Willo butchered against Selbo in the deciding frame at the 2017 Masters ?! <doh>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Iranu wrote:Also Williams plays almost as instinctively as Ronnie, it just doesn't seem like it because he rolls the balls in.

I never liked that about his game. You should punch the shot in, that's the correct way to play it. Rolling the ball in means u are far more likely to get a kick, a skid or any other sort of bad contact.
Remember that blue Willo butchered against Selbo in the deciding frame at the 2017 Masters ?! <doh>

It works for him, man. MJW can pot balls most top players wouldn't even attempt. Especially to the middle pockets. I like his style, it's great to watch.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:

What the hell are you on about if Judd played more like Williams he would have won the 2011 World Championship instead of punching everything in at 100 mph.

Postby Andre147

Rolling balls in has advantages and disadvantages...

It can cause more kicks, but on the other hand the pockets are more likely to take the ball in.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

What the hell are you on about if Judd played more like Williams he would have won the 2011 World Championship instead of punching everything in at 100 mph.

Johnny does have a point though. The way MJW plays also means you're more reliant on the table being perfectly level.

The ideal is probably somewhere between the two (where funnily enough most players play)

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I never said you should hit the ball as hard as you can, I meant hitting it as you would hit a stun shot.