Post a reply

Re: Shanghai Masters

Postby eraserhead

Class break to win. Well done Ronnie :win:

Postby Iranu

Back to back Shanghai Masters victories.

What a way to finish it off especially after those misses in the previous frame.

Hawkins didn't wilt, he was undone by a poor break off.

It's been a great tournament all the way trough from what I saw.

Ronnie the evergreen :hatoff:

Postby Iranu

I want that presenter's suit!

Postby Iranu

You could've had your trousers pressed Bazza.

Postby TheRocket

Good match. At times a really high standard, at times very poor misses. But thats what you probably expect and get in a long match like that. Overall a really enjoyable final.

Looking forward to the next tournaments.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie gives his high break trophy to a little girl in the crowd.

Postby TheRocket

Feel a little bit sry for the Hawk. He could have had a better career by some distance if he hadn't faced ROS that often in big matches in recent time.

His best game is up there with anyones, if not better than most. (Apart from ROS and Higgins' of course.)

I don't like the term underachiever but if there's a fitting player its him.

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote:Feel a little bit sry for the Hawk. He could have had a better career by some distance if he hadn't faced ROS that often in big matches in recent time.

His best game is up there with anyones, if not better than most. (Apart from ROS and Higgins' of course.)

Maybe he will turn Beast Mode against Selbo and Higgo :chuckle:

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:Feel a little bit sry for the Hawk. He could have had a better career by some distance if he hadn't faced ROS that often in big matches in recent time.

Well also he spent his first 10+ years on tour devoid of bottle.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:

Well also he spent his first 10+ years on tour devoid of bottle.

Yeah. Very similar to Bingham in that regard. At least Bingham had his golden moment in 2015 though. Can't see Hawkins doing something similar. Just doesn't have the consistency over those four session matches.

But I'd really like to see him win a Masters or UK title should he not win the World.

Postby Ronnie79

vodkadiet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Will Federer ever win another slam again?

No.

Will Nadal?

He'll win 2 more French Open.

I would say one more. To win the French at 34 might be tough.

Who will beat him ?. He could win the French standing on one leg ffs

Postby Andre147

Might not have been a ranker, but Ronnie won a tournament with a long format which had all the best players in the world.

This being his first tournament this season and the first with a high quality field is even more impressive.

Hope he can build condidence from this result and win more rankers in the season.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:Might not have been a ranker, but Ronnie won a tournament with a long format which had all the best players in the world.

This being his first tournament this season and the first with a high quality field is even more impressive.

Hope he can build condidence from this result and win more rankers in the season.

That would be great. He only needs 3 more to topple Hendry.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Might not have been a ranker, but Ronnie won a tournament with a long format which had all the best players in the world.

That would be great. He only needs 3 more to topple Hendry.

He'll do it this season or the next, same with the 1000 centuries.

Postby TheRocket

I don't wanna start another Hendry v ROS debate but to have a career like ROS must be a lot more enjoyable than Hendrys.

Hendry had 10 years at the very top and won everything countless times. The second ten years were painful though.
ROS on the side has been playing at the very top for more than a quarter of a century and winning titles at a age people thought it wasn't possible.

Not to mention that he isn't far behind in title count anyway. More Masters, more UK's , more rankers very soon. And even in terms of World titles he might catch up Hendry. Even though its getting unlikelier at this stage obviously.

But still. I''d choose Ronnies career over Hendrys anytime. Much more fun.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
Souvent wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie choking

Will you calm down?

This was an open table with about 3 pot options per shot.
It's unforgivable.

Murdering a six-year old is unforgivable. Losing a frame isn't.

Masses of 3 month old lambs and calves are murdered every single day for no reason. What is the difference?

Postby vodkadiet

Ronnie79 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Will Federer ever win another slam again?

No.

Will Nadal?

He'll win 2 more French Open.

I would say one more. To win the French at 34 might be tough.

Who will beat him ?. He could win the French standing on one leg ffs

Nadal's body wouldn't stand up to the strains of the tour for much longer. By The French of 2020 he will be really struggling to last the course in my considered opinion. I may be wrong but I wouldn't expect him to win at that point of his career.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 16 Sep 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby vodkadiet

I was pleased to see O'Sullivan win a title again at this stage of his career. It might encourage him to play on for another couple of seasons.