Post a reply

Re: Betway Gibraltar Open !!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:You can watch my match from yesterday with Bingtao... Table 2 is streamed, and its on Youtube.

Walden's match cant find on Youtube, wasnt uploaded.

Andre well done my man, guess I was the only one here that had no idea u were a ref. :hatoff:

Postby Vallomas

Imagine if Ronnie act one day on Andre like he has done on Camilleri. Would it affect his love for him? :-D
Last edited by Vallomas on 16 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:I have a few concerns for Andre. He is openly a huge Ronnie O’Sullivan fan and he has criticised colleagues on here, namely Leo Scullion.

For the record, I would think it tough on him if these two things come against him. All the refs are sure to have their favourites, they just may be a bit more private about it. Andre is a top guy and very passionate about snooker.

A guy on a football forum I read became a pro footballer (now plays in the Championship) and deleted most of his posts to avoid having them brought out in the media etc.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:can we do the rugby in the other thread please?

Yeah, sorry. My fault.

I'm the first to complain when snooker turns into tennis chat.

Postby Vallomas

Tian Pengfei whitewashed Liam Highfield, just a few hours after he did the same to Michael Georgiou.

He faces Yan Bingtao tomorrow morning, almost one year after his shocking win over him in the World's Qualifiers. I can call him a "dark horse" for the final at Gibraltar.

Postby Godot

Ken through. Looking very likely he'll be on tour next year regardless of finishing in the Top 64 (4/8 in season list). But having your points reset to 0 and playing the top boys in the 1st round of every tournament is a pain in the backside so he'll be desperate to avoid that.

Postby Vallomas

Good to see that Hamza Akbar is giving Dave Gilbert a good match. He made even a century earlier to close the gap to 2-3.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Godot wrote:Ken through. Looking very likely he'll be on tour next year regardless of finishing in the Top 64 (4/8 in season list). But having your points reset to 0 and playing the top boys in the 1st round of every tournament is a pain in the backside so he'll be desperate to avoid that.

Doherty should have retired a long time ago.

Postby Andre147

You can watch other streamed matches.. 2 years ago I was ref on table 2, Peter Ebdon v Tom Ford. I think its still on YT.

And thank you all for the support, I think Cloud described it best... always wanted to be involved in some way, so my passion for snooker led me to that.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:Andre, when u have time, please answer my question.

Via PM.

Postby Andre147

I've reffed some top players from the game... Mark Allen comes to mind, Hawkins, Murphy and the great MJW as well.

Postby Andre147

And the likes of Darren Morgan and Tornado Tony at amateur events, which are also great great fun.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:I've reffed some top players from the game... Mark Allen comes to mind, Hawkins, Murphy and the great MJW as well.

In what competitions? What age are you Andre, I understand you’re quite young? If you’re refereeing players of that caliber already, it bodes well for the future.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I've reffed some top players from the game... Mark Allen comes to mind, Hawkins, Murphy and the great MJW as well.

In what competitions? What age are you Andre, I understand you’re quite young? If you’re refereeing players of that caliber already, it bodes well for the future.

Almost 27.

If everything goes well then yeah, I have a promissing career ahead of me. And yeah, to have reffed those names already is quite good. Many others too.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:If everything goes well then yeah, I have a promissing career ahead of me. And yeah, to have reffed those names already is quite good. Many others too.

Might you have reffed one of Ronnie's matches by now, or does one have to pay their dues and work their way up to that...?

Postby Godot

Regarding the Tour Championship - What happens if Bingham/Wilson finish on the exact same points for 8th? Play-off the day before?

Postby Andre147

D4P wrote:
Andre147 wrote:If everything goes well then yeah, I have a promissing career ahead of me. And yeah, to have reffed those names already is quite good. Many others too.

Might you have reffed one of Ronnie's matches by now, or does one have to pay their dues and work their way up to that...?

Nah Ronnie's a one off. I dont really care if I never ref him. Maybe one day in an exhibition, that I Would love.

Postby Cloud Strife

Godot wrote:Regarding the Tour Championship - What happens if Bingham/Wilson finish on the exact same points for 8th? Play-off the day before?

Make them fight to the death for the last spot.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Andre, my burning question is... how do you not need togo to the toilet?! I've always wondered this. I have the bladder of a kitten

Tough luck! You go AFTER the match ends. Or if there is an MSI, which isnt the case here and I had a match lasting 3 and a half hours for instance, today one lasting 3.