Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Final !!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Ash147 wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It does amaze me how someone of Wilson’s talent (or lack of) has got 3 ranking events to his name. I can’t think of any other sports where you would win a tournament purely with your mental strength.

He ain't that bad.

He’s an average player who has overachieved. He’s got an arrogance about him that I’ve only seen in Neil Robertson.

Robertson's century of centuries was probably the biggest single achievement in snooker history

I didn’t mean to imply that Robertson wasn’t a good player, I was just comparing his level of arrogance to Wilson’s. Robertson is a far superior player to Wilson.

:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Ash147 wrote:It does amaze me how someone of Wilson’s talent (or lack of) has got 3 ranking events to his name. I can’t think of any other sports where you would win a tournament purely with your mental strength.

He ain't that bad.

He’s an average player who has overachieved. He’s got an arrogance about him that I’ve only seen in Neil Robertson.

You make him sound like he's some hack who's never picked up a cue before. He's not as bad as you make him out.

Kieran is more than deserving of his lofty ranking and the tin-pot trophies that he's won, imo.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

Robertson's century of centuries was probably the biggest single achievement in snooker history

Yes, it was very impressive, but u must also factor in the number of matches he played that season. I reckon he went to almost all events out there. ROS could also have got 100 if he played that much.

Postby Cloud Strife

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

It was also the most obnoxious as well.

Postby TheRocket

Its a shame when players cant fulfil their potential or talent. But the mental part is an important factor in this game and unfortunately Gilbert lacks in that one.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

Yes, it was very impressive, but u must also factor in the number of matches he played that season. I reckon he went to almost all events out there. ROS could also have got 100 if he played that much.

Maybe but he didn't and never will.

Robbo did :win:

Postby Iranu

Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

I wouldn't say Wilson's arrogant. He's confident sure, but far from arrogant.

Judd's more arrogant than Wilson.

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

So is Ronnie, tbf.

Postby Ash147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

You make him sound like he's some hack who's never picked up a cue before. He's not as bad as you make him out.

Kieran is more than deserving of his lofty ranking and the tin-pot trophies that he's won, imo.

He’d be floating between 32-64 in the rankings if he didn’t have such high self belief. His breakbuilding and positional play are far below the standards of any other top 16 player.

Postby TheRocket

In an individual or one on one sport you need a touch of arrogance. You have to be a solitary animal to a certain degree.

Being a good guy who just tries to get along with everyone aint gonna have too much success imo.

Postby Ash147

Iranu wrote:
Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He ain't that bad.

The difference is Judd has the talent, so he’s right to be confident in his own ability. Wilson just thinks he’s good, and that takes him further than most other average players.

Postby Alex0paul

I’m sad because he’s not anything wrong really. A lucky run of the ball and a snake hissing phone has stopped him

Postby Alex0paul

Ash147 wrote:Fortunately for Wilson he was up against a bottler today. Any top player would have beaten him comfortably.

He hasn’t played anyone in form all week tbf

Postby Ash147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ash, I think you're suffering from cognitive dissonance in regards to Kyren Wilson.

No I don’t think that’s accurate. His cue ball control and breakbuilding are not top tier. He’s got good mental strength, and plays good recovery shots. I think he’s overachieved in a weak era of snooker.

Postby Alex0paul

Ash147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Ash, I think you're suffering from cognitive dissonance in regards to Kyren Wilson.

No I don’t think that’s accurate. His cue ball control and breakbuilding are not top tier. He’s got good mental strength, and plays good recovery shots. I think he’s overachieved in a weak era of snooker.

What’s he achieved? Won one ranker 4 years ago and then a Tin Pot title this season

Postby Ash147

Alex0paul wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Fortunately for Wilson he was up against a bottler today. Any top player would have beaten him comfortably.

He hasn’t played anyone in form all week tbf

McLeod, Ebdon, and a half snake hissed Williams. It’s not exactly the Masters.

Postby Cloud Strife

I think the poor snowflake Ash needs a safe space. The thought of Wilson winning another tournament has triggered him hard.

Postby Ash147

Alex0paul wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

What’s he achieved? Won one ranker 4 years ago and then a Tin Pot title this season

Three ranking events. That’s more than someone like Graeme Dott, who is a far better player.

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Ash147 wrote:

You and Ash must really hate Kyren...

I for one always liked him, maybe not the most natural, but he works as hard as anyone and his tenacity reminds me of your beloved Graeme Dott.