Post a reply

D88.com German Masters Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Wednesday 30th of January ~ Sunday 3rd of February at the Tempodrom in Berlin

A Few surprises in the last 32 as John Higgins, Shaun Murphy, Barry Hawkins, Jack Lisowski and Ryan Day fell by the wayside

But still there is defending Champion Mark Williams as is former Champion World no 1 Mark Selby, Judd Trump, Neil Robertson, Ding Juhui and Kyren Wilson.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals?

DRAW

Last 16
Mark J Williams v Joe Perry Williams leads 12-11
Peter Ebdon v Kyren Wilson Wilson leads 2-0
Robert Milkins v Stephen Maguire Milkins leads 5-0
Yan Bingtao v Judd Trump Trump leads 2-0
----------------------------------------
Yuan Sijun v Duane Jones Never played before
Xiao Guodong v Ding Junhui Ding Junhui leads 6-1
Neil Robertson v Stuart Bingham Bingham leads 10-5
David Gilbert v Mark Selby Selby leads 5-2

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: D88.com German Masters Last 16 !!

Postby Iranu

Weak reffing not to call the foul there when he noiced? Or in keeping with the spirit of the game?

Personally my view on this is "rules is rules" but I wonder whether the handshake has officially brought an end to the match and the ref at that point couldn't pull things back even if he wanted to.

Are you around Andre? What are your thoughts?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Weak reffing not to call the foul there when he noiced? Or in keeping with the spirit of the game?

Personally my view on this is "rules is rules" but I wonder whether the handshake has officially brought an end to the match and the ref at that point couldn't pull things back even if he wanted to.

I'm not Andre, but I think it's closer to weak. If he sees it, he should say it. But saying that, the players had shaken hands. So maybe he decided the match was over? :shrug:

I wonder if Higgins clocked it.

Postby Iranu

Good clearance from MJW there.

I hope this tournament can be the start of some good form for him.

Postby TheRocket

Yuan was lucky imo. An experienced ref like Verhaas or Collier might have called a foul there. Handshake or not. But I'm pretty sure they would have waited and watched closely that cue ball travelling towards the rest.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Weak reffing not to call the foul there when he noiced? Or in keeping with the spirit of the game?

First of all, this is a foul, as the cue ball didnt stop moving, so it would have gone to a respotted black in this case.

However, despite many of you not seeing that ref on TV too often, he is an experienced referee, just not so on TV too much.

It was a mistake no doubt, in this case a very costly one. The handshake has nothing to do with it, ref should have called the Foul 7.