Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Last 16 !!

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I don't think Yuan had any idea.

If a foul had been called it would have been wrong IMO

How so?

Because the match had ended?

Yeah exactly that.

Once the handshake comes the match is done and it would be cruel to call him up on that.

Interesting thing (for me) is if he had called foul it would not have been a miss, so would the black be re-spotted with the white staying where it was?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How so?

The match doesn't end until the last ball has stopped rolling. It was a clear and obvious error by the referee.

Incorrect.

Match had been conceded.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Yeah exactly that.

Once the handshake comes the match is done and it would be cruel to call him up on that.

Interesting thing (for me) is if he had called foul it would not have been a miss, so would the black be re-spotted with the white staying where it was?

I can see the argument, to be honest. If the referee didn't spot it until after the match was officially over, handshake-wise. Human error, obviously. Happens to everyone.

But was a mistake by the referee. Should've noticed it before the handshake, should've called it before the handshake.

Kind of leads a bit of a bad taste in the mouth, despite it being a fantastic result for the young man.

Postby Iranu

Andre confirmed yesterday that the ref could have rescinded the awarding of frame and match and called the foul once he'd noticed it.

I'm guessing Yuan expected the ref to pick the rest up, even though that's the player's job not the ref's.

Let's not forget that Higgins could have waited to see what happened to the cue ball as well.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

How so?

The match doesn't end until the last ball has stopped rolling. It was a clear and obvious error by the referee.

Incorrect.

Match had been conceded.

Does that mean John Higgins should be fined? Because he conceded when there was points still on the table to win? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Andre confirmed yesterday that the ref could have rescinded the awarding of frame and match and called the foul once he'd noticed it.

I'm guessing Yuan expected the ref to pick the rest up, even though that's the player's job not the ref's.

Let's not forget that Higgins could have waited to see what happened to the cue ball as well.

I'm perhaps being harsh on all people involved.

What happened happened, and we shouldn't forget that Yuan picked up a big victory over John Higgins. We could let that be the talking point, rather than the error in one shot.

Referees have a difficult job, having to concentrate for hours. We all make mistakes, and I believe that's all it was on the part of the referee.

I can see both arguments for and against him calling a foul. I just feel it's a shame it happened, especially in such a meaningful victory for the young man.

Postby HappyCamper

Looked to me like Yuan only left the rest because the ref called the match and Higgins offered to congratulate him.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Century for Selby :spot on:

The late Coland would be proud to read your fawning

It's a statement of fact you halfwit.

Passive Aggressive.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Having been pulled up for celebrating a century by Mark Selby, I would like to apologise to all members at the lack of balance in my post.

To ensure the post is inoffensive to all, I would like to clarify:

Selby did not mean to make a century.
Ronnie would have done it better.
Ronnie would have done it quicker.

Aplogies

BSP

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Having been pulled up for celebrating a century by Mark Selby, I would like to apologise to all members at the lack of balance in my post.

To ensure the post is inoffensive to all, I would like to clarify:

Selby did not mean to make a century.
Ronnie would have done it better.
Ronnie would have done it quicker.

Aplogies

BSP

I bet you were eating Crispy Chilli beef whilst watching it, as well. :grrr:

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I'm still not quite over Yuan Sijun's foul that wasn't a foul yesterday.

Surely he knew he'd committed it too?

The talking point should've been a young man beating Higgins. Not that foul. It's bad to see.

Is it just me or has snooker officiating gone down the toilet in recent years? And this despite having more technology at their disposal.

But Taylor said they do a terrific job?

Confirmation.

They're crap.

Postby SnookerFan

Raphael98 wrote:While you people are "arguing", Robertson can go 4-0 up against Bingham.

I was about to point out that we weren't arguing, but then I realised I'd be arguing about whether we were arguing or not.

Postby Raphael98

The arguing part was just a joke by me, as you people were having fun with others. And Robertson with a century of 110 goes into the MSI 4-0 up against Bingham.

Darn it, I sounded like Dennis Taylor on the second phrase...

Postby SnookerFan

Raphael98 wrote:The fact is that some of you were saying "buck you" to others as a joke, and that's why I got into the fun. No hard feelings mates (thumbs up)

I'm only kidding about, don't worry.

<ok>