Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Last 32 !!

Postby hendry_fan

John gets the 2nd snooker as Yuan clips the green but then the cue ball goes in.

25 behind,25 is still on

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Higgins will retire after this season.

You reckon?

I think Higgins said after his defeat to McManus at the UK whether there is any point in keep playing. And he'll make a decision at the end of the season.

If his poor season continues including a very bad result at the WC I wouldnt rule out a Higgins retirement.
Last edited by TheRocket on 31 Jan 2019, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Yuan Sijun is rubbish.

Alan McManus reckons he's the best of the young Chinese.

He looks awful. Another journeyman in the making.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Don't think so, not after his comments about Andy Murray.

What were his comments about Andy Murray?

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:When my snooker mate Steve and I have a spell of only potting reds, with no colours (as can often happen in a club game if the colours get tied up) we call it 'an attack of the onesies.'

Aye,i know the feeling. :dizzy: <laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You reckon?

I think Higgins said after his defeat to McManus at the UK whether there is any point to keep playing. And he'll make a decision at the end of the season.

If his poor season continues including a very bad result at the WC I wouldnt rule out a Higgins retirement.

I think he'll carry on, but you never know. If he loses another close world final that surely would be the end of him lol.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/46856992

Postby Dan-cat

hendry_fan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:When my snooker mate Steve and I have a spell of only potting reds, with no colours (as can often happen in a club game if the colours get tied up) we call it 'an attack of the onesies.'

The other thing that happens sometimes is that if you are say 20 points ahead with just a few reds left, you go into sniper mode and just pick off the reds (even if no colours available) just to limit your opponents scoring potential. Do you do this? Rarely happens in a pro game.

Postby hendry_fan

hendry_fan wrote:Wow!,a cracking pot from Yuan. :clap:

Misses a toughish black,leaves the black right over the pocket,break ends on 26.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:

The other thing that happens sometimes is that if you are say 20 points ahead with just a few reds left, you go into sniper mode and just pick off the reds (even if no colours available) just to limit your opponents scoring potential. Do you do this? Rarely happens in a pro game.

Hmmmm :chin: ,yeah,i do indeed go into "sniper mode",along with that,i try n freeze the opponent out,by playing top safety play. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

A good pot to the middle bag from John.

But then 2 shots later he misses a much easier red to the middle,a contribution of only 3 in that visit from John :dizzy:
Last edited by hendry_fan on 31 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Yuan once again canny capatalise,misses another easy red,only makes 7.

John misses a black off the spot. :dizzy: :dizzy:

Makes another break of just 1.

Postby hendry_fan

Yuan misses another red to the middle,but John only manages a 9,as he fails to cannon the last red into a pottable pos.