Post a reply

Re: D88.com German Masters Qualifying !!

Postby Wildey

Seeing as the German Masters is not in Germany yet could we talk Barnsleyish please lol

Postby TheSaviour

I would still like to see a bit more from Noppon Saengham. That is usually a bit corn, I know. A few brilliant shots and then playing some easy safety with a way too little pace. A bit corn, yes. But the way he played a few shots against Mark Williams during the UK. First a way too much (this time too much, yes) pace and backspin to screw back to play was it a brown but then yes! Tried to split the pack from there, AND knew if he was going to miss that cannon, a two more cushions and he would perhaps still would have a red on. He was slightly unlucky and was forced to play a safety, which he obviously messed up. But that´s the way to play the game, that one particular shot. Judd Trump and Mark King played all the way shots like that. That´s modern. But a bit corn from Noppon to play simple screw back with way too much "show" spin. He wouldn´t be doing that if he would be a Chinese. If Peter Ebdon is having a bad day at the office he also can do something like that. But still a good old Peter Ebdon, usually playing with a straight lines. That´s what I would recommend to everyone.

The Chinese are now about to overtake the game. Today I am expecting nothing but straight wins to Mei and Xu. Probably even to Lu. They have the depth. Only their current top players are too "posh" and all bling-bling. But the likes of Xu, Hang, Xintong, Sijun and Mei are having it all. The usual chinese calmness and a low-key and the Ronnie O´Sullivan type of a natural talent. Which means the same thing.

Probably just an another glorious opportunity to miss for the most of the top-players. Just an other glorious opportunity to develop a personality if and when don´t really having a one. Seems like a gone case already to many, but playing with a straight lines could be still usefull.

Gary´s also looking smashing lol. We could do working with him, also.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:This must mean they have evidence/suspicion of other players doing it. Yes it's state the obvious day.

I doubt if they have evidence. If they did, why wouldn't they report it? Suspicion seems more likely.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:To label all players of a certain nationality cheats seems very unfair if there is not specific evidence. It casts aspersions on their honesty with them having done no wrong.

I agree.

I didn't want to shout xenophobia, as I don't know the specific details.

But without any evidence, it sounds bad.

Postby Ash147

Dan-cat wrote:
Ash147 wrote:Carter clears to win the fourth frame by a single point, but still trails 3-1.

oops. I read the score wrong!

Bungke!

Postby clm

lol pink and black ball switched spots in the Maguire v Wells match frame 6

Daniel playing, eh soso from the little bit I saw pre-interval. Like got a couple fouls in the first frame (tho didn't win). Maguire got in with long pots frame 4 (was vgood) and 6.

6th frame Maguire missed black on 9 with the reds spread everywhere and Daniel missed immediately with the rest. :/

He's gotten two fouls from Maguire so far in frame 7. Can't seem to manage a break yet tho, despite potting two reds.

Postby Dan-cat

clm wrote:lol pink and black ball switched spots in the Maguire v Wells match frame 6

Daniel playing, eh soso from the little bit I saw pre-interval. Like got a couple fouls in the first frame (tho didn't win). Maguire got in with long pots frame 4 (was vgood) and 6.

6th frame Maguire missed black on 9 with the reds spread everywhere and Daniel missed immediately with the rest. :/

He's gotten two fouls from Maguire so far in frame 7. Can't seem to manage a break yet tho, despite potting two reds.

Excellent commentary CLM!