Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Final !!!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Wildey wrote:
kolompar wrote:Presenter guy was awkward. Really they couldn't find someone who speaks English and can ask the players a few questions?

When you hiering people for a post of TV Presenter in Belgium the thought of interviewing Snooker Players not high on their agenda.

He could speak English of sorts thats all you can hope for.

Wildey, are u still a mod ?

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Wildey wrote:
kolompar wrote:Presenter guy was awkward. Really they couldn't find someone who speaks English and can ask the players a few questions?

When you hiering people for a post of TV Presenter in Belgium the thought of interviewing Snooker Players not high on their agenda.

He could speak English of sorts thats all you can hope for.

Wildey, are u still a mod ?

he is, but soon me and Dan will be as well.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:I give him credit for playing better later in the week. Let's see if this makes him a better player. He capitalised on players 'choking'.

he won 3 or 4 black ball deciders didnt he?

maybe some of those opponents bottled them, but its not Jimmy's fault.

All players who win tournaments are bound to get lucky moments at least once. But if they make the most of them then credit to them.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I give him credit for playing better later in the week. Let's see if this makes him a better player. He capitalised on players 'choking'.

All players who win tournaments are bound to get lucky moments at least once. But if they make the most of them then credit to them.

But one cannot deny the way how well Jimmy played in the quarters, semis and finals. No luck needed. Pure skill.

One of a bunch of talented players who deserves this title by showing bottle and determination. I am so happy for him. He plays snooker should be played. Fast, free flowing, attacking but sense of tactical/saftey play.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 wrote:

Okay Andre. I give him credit for capitalising on his good fortune. Not only was he lucky his early opponents 'choked' but most of the big names didn't even play and Selby wasn't interested having won last week.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Okay Andre. I give him credit for capitalising on his good fortune. Not only was he lucky his early opponents 'choked' but most of the big names didn't even play and Selby wasn't interested having won last week.

Didn't 12 of the top 16 take part?

Postby Cloud Strife

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Ronnie O'Sullivan did not enter.

Postby vodkadiet

Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

O'Sullivan, Higgins, and Williams didn't play and Selby was shattered. The others are second rate whatever their ranking is.

Postby Iranu

vodkadiet wrote:
Iranu wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

O'Sullivan, Higgins, and Williams didn't play and Selby was shattered. The others are second rate whatever their ranking is.

The world you live in must be so grey and uninspiring.

Postby carayip

Congrats to Jimmy! Well done!

I think if Jimmy was 10 years younger, people would not try to devalue this win, instead would celebrate a new talent on the block very happily.

But let’s remember, not everyone is a prodigy like Hendry or ROS. Perhaps Jimmy is a later bloomer like Stuart Bingham. Nothing wrong with that.

Nowadays, players play well into their late 40s anyway. So early 30s is not an old age on snooker terms anymore actually.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

carayip wrote:Congrats to Jimmy! Well done!

I think if Jimmy was 10 years younger, people would not try to devalue this win, instead would celebrate a new talent on the block very happily.

But let’s remember, not everyone is a prodigy like Hendry or ROS. Perhaps Jimmy is a later bloomer like Stuart Bingham. Nothing wrong with that.

Nowadays, players play well into their late 40s anyway. So early 30s is not an old age on snooker terms anymore actually.

:goodpost:

Postby vodkadiet

These best of 7 events are next door to worthless. They need to be got rid of otherwise we will have more 'Jimmy Robertson' types winning events.

Why not best of 13 matches and cut down on main draw from 64 to 32?

Postby Badsnookerplayer

vodkadiet wrote:These best of 7 events are next door to worthless. They need to be got rid of otherwise we will have more 'Jimmy Robertson' types winning events.

You keep trying to light my fuse but since my ban and re-integration with Wildey as my behaviour mentor I am above your provocation.. Wildey has taught me it is best not to react so you will have to find another ruse.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:These best of 7 events are next door to worthless. They need to be got rid of otherwise we will have more 'Jimmy Robertson' types winning events.

You keep trying to light my fuse but since my ban and re-integration with Wildey as my behaviour mentor I am above your provocation.. Wildey has taught me it is best not to react so you will have to find another ruse.

I know nothing about your ban Badsnookerplayer and the fact that Wildey is your mentor. I didn't even realise that you were a Jimmy Robertson fan.

I am not trying to annoy fans of Jimmy Roberston but I cannot see how snooker in Europe is going to grow if 'clowns' like him win titles.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

I know nothing about your ban Badsnookerplayer and the fact that Wildey is your mentor. I didn't even realise that you were a Jimmy Robertson fan.

I am not trying to annoy fans of Jimmy Roberston but I cannot see how snooker in Europe is going to grow if 'clowns' like him win titles.

Better him than the same old faces right?

Even in Tennis you have the unexpected players winning tournaments, and not always Federer, Djokovic or Nadal.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Fair enough VD but I thought you were 'digging me out'.

I have a webinar with Wildey tomorrow as part of my re-integration. I will be discussing anger management. One of the greatest things he has taught me is that peace is more powerful than conflict.

I asked him how he manages to stay so calm, and he said - and I think this is an original Wildey quote as he paused for a good fifteen seconds - "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"

You would do well to heed that.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Fair enough VD but I thought you were 'digging me out'.

I have a webinar with Wildey tomorrow as part of my re-integration. I will be discussing anger management. One of the greatest things he has taught me is that peace is more powerful than conflict.

I asked him how he manages to stay so calm, and he said - and I think this is an original Wildey quote as he paused for a good fifteen seconds - "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace"

You would do well to heed that.

Badsnookerplayer

I am not on SF as much as a few others so forgive me for not knowing your situation. I am surprised as you seem a well balanced poster.

I admit to losing my way over this event. I will give Jimmy Robertson credit for capitalising in full on his mega fortune, but I know he will never win another event.

Postby Andre147

Heard Jimmy Robbo saying in his interview he's been working with a head coach and that's helped him massively, especially today when Perry came back at him with 300 odd unanswered points.

I think Trump needs a coach like that, and maybe change his technique a bit. But that might not happen just yet... as I think he's still very arrogant and very full of himself. But one day he'll look for a coach like that me thinks.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

How was Selby not interested? <doh>

Higgins was the one who pulled out. Selby was the one who played in Belgium 48 hours after playing in China.

Postby SnookerFan

Good.

Very enjoyable final. Very worthy winner.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

How was Selby not interested? <doh>

Higgins was the one who pulled out. Selby was the one who played in Belgium 48 hours after playing in China.

Selby wasn't interested. He had just won in China a few days before. He was just keeping up with his commitments. Hearn probably paid him some appearance money to give the event a higher profile.