Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Johnny Bravo

Disappointed Mark lost, but congrats to Jimmy.

Mark made too many safety mistakes in this last frame.
The key for this match was at 3-2 for King when he missed that red. 4-2 in front and it would have been all over.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:When they come to make the film of Mark Kong's career, Matt Lucas should get the lead.

Mark King Kong?

Ping Pong.

:goodpost:

Postby Badsnookerplayer

masterdoctorgenius wrote:The tournament fav made too many silly mistakes. Should have won really.

On Monday he will return to amateurish form again. This tournament is a oppurtunity wasted.

He played well but was beaten by the better man tonight. Jimmy made errors - nerves are his biggest enemy - but he came of age this evening. I thought it was a high quality match.

Postby TheRocket

Have the feeling Perry will beat Jimmy. Maybe even comfortably. I think nerves will play a big part with Jimmy.

Perry is not really a tournament winner either and just won a single ranker in his career but he still has all the experience on his side and he knows what a huge opportunity this is against this opponent. And from what I've seen is that he's been scoring really well.

9:5 or 9:6 Perry I say.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:The tournament fav made too many silly mistakes. Should have won really.

On Monday he will return to amateurish form again. This tournament is a oppurtunity wasted.

He played well but was beaten by the better man tonight. Jimmy made errors - nerves are his biggest enemy - but he came of age this evening. I thought it was a high quality match.

Yeah all credit to Jimmy.
Wish him to win the final. Would deserve it.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:Have the feeling Perry will beat Jimmy. Maybe even comfortably. I think nerves will play a big part with Jimmy.

Perry is not really a tournament winner either and just won a single ranker in his career but he still has all the experience on his side and he knows what a huge opportunity this is against this opponent. And from what I've seen is that he's been scoring really well.

To even call that Players champ event with the bo4 format all the way through which Perry won is kind of embarassing. Just like the rankers McGill and Day won.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Yeah all credit to Jimmy.
Wish him to win the final. Would deserve it.

See - I knew you were a decent poster.
:hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Have the feeling Perry will beat Jimmy. Maybe even comfortably. I think nerves will play a big part with Jimmy.

Perry is the clear favourite, no doubt about it. I think the Belgians would probably prefer to see an established player like Perry win their tournament, with all due respect to Jimmy.

Postby TheRocket

To even call that Players champ event with the bo4 format all the way through which Perry won is kind of embarassing. Just like the rankers McGill and Day won.

Fully agree with that but it still doesn't change the overall picture or complexion. Perry has all the experience and he's been playing well so far from what I've seen.

And just in general. We know he is not a bad player. He can play to a really high level and he's proven it many times. Including at the World Championship against big players.

I just think he'll take full advantage of this great chance against this opponent and win.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:

Fully agree with that but it still doesn't change the overall picture or complexion. Perry has all the experience and he's been playing well so far from what I've seen.

And just in general. We know he is not a bad player. He can play to a really high level and he's proven it many times. Including at the World Championship against big players.

I just think he'll take full advantage of this great chance against this opponent and win.

Don't forget 'this opponent' thrashed Mark Allen

Postby Cloud Strife

Don't get me wrong, I'd like Jimmy to win because he did the forum a favour by kindly giving us an interview. I just think Perry's experience will be the deciding factor tomorrow.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Don't forget 'this opponent' thrashed Mark Allen

Trashed? Calm down. It was a bo7 match and he beat Allen by a 4:2 scoreline.

To play a bo19 final which is your first final at the same time is a completely different task than beating any player in a bo7.

If he wins then well done to him but I think Perry will have the upper hand.

Postby TheRocket

But it has to be said. On the other hand Jimmy Robbo might think as well that he got an good opponent with Perry. I mean he could have faced someone like ROS or Selby in his first final. But he hasn't. Maybe thats some motivation for him as well.

He definitely needs a good start though. Just to relax and get used to play in a final.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:But it has to be said. On the other hand Jimmy Robbo might think as well that he got an good opponent with Perry. I mean he could have faced someone like ROS or Selby in his first final. But he hasn't. Maybe thats some motivation for him as well.

He definitely needs a good start though. Just to relax and get used to play in a final.

Good points well made

Postby Andre147

Yes I agree with TR, although think Perry will win it in the end. something like 9-5 or 9-6.

But I hope Jimmy proves me wrong. Would love him to win, and Badsnookerplayer is the only here who thinks he'll win.