Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:For me the tour should be 64 players. 128 is a bit too much.

The problem is you would have to relagate players at the moment the cut off point is top 64 with a 64 man tour it would be top 32 so the pressure at the top end of the sport would mean slower matches because players rubbish scared of falling in to relegation zone and pressure will be multiplied.

Postby Dan-cat

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Mark Allen and Ronnie are having a full on bromance at this point. I love me a good bromance

Allen hates SightRight though.

True. But there are things I don't agree on with close mates and I still love 'em

Postby Iranu

Allen's a bucking moron. Are we really surprised at his opinion this?

If you don't like playing every week, don't play every week. You're one of the lucky few who can afford not to. Use it. Either you want to win the tournaments or you don't. If you're not fussed about a certain tournament, don't enter it.

Ronnie can shut up too. I agree that the flat 128 isn't necessarily good for the tour, but whether or not you personally enjoy watching lower ranked players is irrelevant. A few days ago you found it exciting. The tour shouldn't be designed around your whims.

Wild, would you necessarily have to relegate half the tour? I mean that's a massive number anyway. Maybe there could be a 64-person main tour and a 64-person "Challenger" tour with the bottom/top 8 of the respective tours being relegated/promoted at the end of the season. Not sure how that would work logistically with venues etc, but other sports do it.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Look the only way you will get rid of players like Ross Muir is cut the tour to 64 players.

With a 64 Man tour you can not justify Jimmy White being on tour is that what Ronnie wants?

Ronnie wants six players on tour.

Himself, Jimmy, Mark Selby, John Higgins, Stephen Hendry and Ding Junhui.

That's it.

Not Carter??

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Look the only way you will get rid of players like Ross Muir is cut the tour to 64 players.

With a 64 Man tour you can not justify Jimmy White being on tour is that what Ronnie wants?

That's it.

Not Carter??

No, Carter has his numbers after beating Ronnie for the first time this year.

Postby Iranu

Day wins 4-2. Selby wilted a bit from what I saw, but Day played a very good final frame.

I like Selby more than Day, but I wanted Day to win. Go figure.

Postby SnookerFan

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

That's it.

Not Carter??

He's still upset about the GBH.

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:Time for a Hamilton masterclass. Brecel not got the nous for this kind of match.

I'd have said the same with McManus this time yesterday.