Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Last 16 !!!

Postby eraserhead

Dan-cat wrote:Does anyone want Hamilton to win?

:wave: I like his cue action but also at some point I'm hoping Luca will learn to beat these guys.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Dan-cat wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:

Like them both

I was thinking more for the tournament / local buzz

Shame for the tournament as a Luca win would have provided an impetus in the Low countries and the crowd were with him. It would be lovely to see snooker get a grip on Northern Europe and Luca is the one who can do it. He needs to win the WC and then he would inspire others to follow.

Postby The_Abbott

I don't mind. At least he's an old player that actually scores.

Plus sometimes, Luca needs lesson in snooker to wipe the smug look off his face.

Postby Andre147

Robbo winning the WC didnt exactly attract many followers to Snooker nor did it meant having another good player from Australia, however I do think if someone like Luca won the WC the story would be different.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Andre147 wrote:Robbo winning the WC didnt exactly attract many followers to Snooker nor did it meant having another good player from Australia, however I do think if someone like Luca won the WC the story would be different.

Fair point I suppose but the interest from Oz had already been established in the 70s and was waning by the time of Robertson's win. We did have that lad last year from Oz but he struggled.

Northern Europe is a new market and I think Luca has the personality to appeal.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

A gorgeous 92 to wrap up the match from Jack!

His snooker is a joy to watch. He reminds me of the artist who presented with a rough piece of rock declares it to be a beautiful statue just needing the excess stone chipped away.

Tonight Jack set about the table with the touch of a Gaugin, exploiting a sumptuous range of colours to achieve his end. His cue is his brush, his imagination his pallet. Jack pots balls with the touch of an angel, and seduces the cueball to trace arcs of serene beauty across the baize. The coldest heart would soften and melt in the presence of this young pretender as he signs his latest canvas. Wonderful!

This man should be the future of our sport

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:Robbo winning the WC didnt exactly attract many followers to Snooker nor did it meant having another good player from Australia, however I do think if someone like Luca won the WC the story would be different.

Australia's pretty isolated whereas Luca's win might have an effect across the continent, so it could be more significant.

A WC win is a looooong way away for him though.