Post a reply

Re: D88.com European Masters Last 64 and Heldover Matches !

Postby hendry_fan

What a win for good auld Angles,wins the decider by 1 point!. :happy:

Well done Ross Muir,sends MJW,s bum chum packin. :happy: :happy:

Hard luch to Totten,lost 4-3 to Ants McGill.

Whats happend to Ursenbacher. :chin:

Postby kolompar

SnookerFan wrote:
kolompar wrote:He's declined very early.

rofl rofl

Probably a bit early to call it that.

But I'd like to see him winning a few matches again. I thought he'd probably have a ranker by now.

Just off form? Happens to everyone.

He hasn't performed since Ronnie questioned his bottle.

Still only 18 though, I think he can still be third youngest ranking winner.

Postby TheRocket

Regarding Yan Bingtao. Imo he is more of a workaholic (thats what some pros say) than a extremely talented player. He doesn't look stronger or more talented to me than Ding did at that young age. Let alone ROS.

But people obviously tend to overhype things and some even compared him to Hendry .I don't think we'll ever see a player dominating like Hendry or Davis again.

Still expect the guy to have a good career though.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Never heard of Luo Honghao.

Who is he?

From Wikipedia.

In July 2017, he reached the final of 2017 IBSF World Under-21 Snooker Championship where he lost the final 7–6 to Fan Zhengyi.

Later in March 2018, he won the 2018 WSF Championship following a 6–0 demolition of Adam Stefanów in the final in Malta. This victory earned him a two-year World Snooker Tour card since the 2018–19 snooker season.

He reached the third round of the 2018 China Open when he was aged 18 years old.[1] He received an invitation to compete in 2018 World Snooker Championship qualifying round, but he could not obtain the visa on-time.

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

TheRocket wrote:Regarding Yan Bingtao. Imo he is more of a workaholic (thats what some pros say) than a extremely talented player. He doesn't look stronger or more talented to me than Ding did at that young age. Let alone ROS.

But people obviously tend to overhype things and some even compared him to Hendry .I don't think we'll ever see a player dominating like Hendry or Davis again.

Still expect the guy to have a good career though.

Every Chinese player that has broke through into the Top 32 has had a complete loss of form. It happened to Liang Wenbo, it happened to Xiao Guodong and it's now happening to Yan and Zhou Yeulong. The first two both dropped about 30 places in the ranking and took a while to recover. Ding also has a slump or two but being the best Chinese player his fall was smaller. Being so far from home at such a young age probably is a reason.