Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!

Postby TheRocket

Even if Lisowski doesn't win today. And it looks like he'll lose to Robbo. I still hope this season will be his real breakthrough. And with breakthrough I mean winning at least one ranker and becoming a proper player instead of just being called a talented guy who is getting to a semi or quarter only once or twice each season.

Postby TheRocket

Btw. Does anyone know why the Australian Goldfields Open was dropped from the calender? I quite enjoyed that tournament and I thought it was a good idea to have a tournament on the other side of the world. Enjoyed that more than Riga.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Btw. Does anyone know why the Australian Goldfields Open was dropped from the calender? I quite enjoyed that tournament and I thought it was a good idea to have a tournament on the other side of the world. Enjoyed that more than Riga.

I don't think the Australians were that interested. Low ticket sales, and TV viewerships.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Btw. Does anyone know why the Australian Goldfields Open was dropped from the calender? I quite enjoyed that tournament and I thought it was a good idea to have a tournament on the other side of the world. Enjoyed that more than Riga.

I don't think the Australians were that interested. Low ticket sales, and TV viewerships.

yeah probably. Still thought it was a good tournament. And with a bo11 semi and bo17 final. Australia obviously has had some snooker history as well, hosting two World Snooker Championships.

But yeah, nowadays Snooker probably doesnt play too much of a role. Despite Neil Robertson.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:

It was never my favourite but did top players skip it as well? It was before everything became flat 128.