Post a reply

Re: Kaspersky Riga Masters !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Btw. Does anyone know why the Australian Goldfields Open was dropped from the calender? I quite enjoyed that tournament and I thought it was a good idea to have a tournament on the other side of the world. Enjoyed that more than Riga.

I don't think the Australians were that interested. Low ticket sales, and TV viewerships.

It was never my favourite but did top players skip it as well? It was before everything became flat 128.

Quite possibly. It was early in the season.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Btw. Does anyone know why the Australian Goldfields Open was dropped from the calender? I quite enjoyed that tournament and I thought it was a good idea to have a tournament on the other side of the world. Enjoyed that more than Riga.

I don't think the Australians were that interested. Low ticket sales, and TV viewerships.

yeah probably. Still thought it was a good tournament. And with a bo11 semi and bo17 final. Australia obviously has had some snooker history as well, hosting two World Snooker Championships.

But yeah, nowadays Snooker probably doesnt play too much of a role. Despite Neil Robertson.

I think that's what they were thinking. That people woule show up for Robertson, like the Chinese do for Ding.

Didn't really work.

Postby SnookerFan

Pink Ball wrote:Might go to Belfast again this year.

And maybe one of Coventry, York, Preston or Sheffield. I was in Belfast and Berlin last year.

I'm attending the last 128 in York, and Saturday and Sunday in Preston. So stay clear.

Postby Pink Ball

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

yeah probably. Still thought it was a good tournament. And with a bo11 semi and bo17 final. Australia obviously has had some snooker history as well, hosting two World Snooker Championships.

But yeah, nowadays Snooker probably doesnt play too much of a role. Despite Neil Robertson.

I think that's what they were thinking. That people woule show up for Robertson, like the Chinese do for Ding.

Didn't really work.

Cos he's a lovely lady

Postby Badsnookerplayer

TheRocket wrote:Even if Lisowski doesn't win today. And it looks like he'll lose to Robbo. I still hope this season will be his real breakthrough. And with breakthrough I mean winning at least one ranker and becoming a proper player instead of just being called a talented guy who is getting to a semi or quarter only once or twice each season.

:goodpost:

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPkkKlTsQgU

That was a good match. The journeyman Bingo finally became a toppro. And Williams on the other side had a resurgence after the bad period from 04-09. Back then he didn't make the most of it though and lost too many matches from winning positions.

He obviously did make the most from his second resurgence last season though.

Postby kolompar

eraserhead wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

It was never my favourite but did top players skip it as well? It was before everything became flat 128.

Yeah, they didn't want the flat 128, plus it didn't help that the top players never entered and it was in Bendigo, not one of the big cities. I think the interest would have been there in Australia, shame they let the game die there like in Canada.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:Might go to Belfast again this year.

And maybe one of Coventry, York, Preston or Sheffield. I was in Belfast and Berlin last year.

There’s a Mogadishu Open next year according to Barry Hearn. You should attend.

Postby hendry_fan

Cloud Strife wrote:This has been a poor performance from Lisowski.

Yep it has.

I can,t see Robbo lettin this slip.

Postby Cloud Strife

hendry_fan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:This has been a poor performance from Lisowski.

Yep it has.

I can,t see Robbo lettin this slip.

His only hope is a Robertson choke. I don’t think he has it in him to win this through his own good play.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Fist pump / scream when he wins?

I,ll be expecting a BIG fist pump,celebration from GJ. :-D