Post a reply

Kaspersky Riga Masters Qualifiers !!

Postby SteveJJ

And we are graced with the following streamed matches in the Riga Masters Qualifiers

Michael Georgiou v Zhou Yuelong
Ricky Walden v John Astley
Mark King v Peter Ebdon
Liang Wenbo v Adam Duffy
Matt Selt v Xu Si
Billy Joe Castle v Ali Carter
Shaun Murphy v Sanderson Lam
Barry Hawkins v Andy Lee

Sam Craigie the first man through as the mighty Thor has pulled out.

Re: New Season Starts Tomorrow!

Postby KrazeeEyezKilla

This heatwave and the World Cup being on has definitely got me in the mood to watch streamed coverage of Mark King and Peter Ebdon in a qualifier for a prestigious event like the Riga Masters.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

KrazeeEyezKilla wrote:This heatwave and the World Cup being on has definitely got me in the mood to watch streamed coverage of Mark King and Peter Ebdon in a qualifier for a prestigious event like the Riga Masters.

Are you mad???
Selt vs Xu Si is on the other table

Postby Alex0paul

Sorry mate, this is a Football and Tennis forum.

Could a mod move this to the junkyard

Postby TheSaviour

So the zombies versus the rest. I really need to settle for that. After a long and valiant thinking processes. Instead of looking for that complete victory what the likes of me and Snookerfan have been eyeing.. :mood: :emb:

And the few other people groups also involved. That´s the way it should had always been. Only then the best there are gets the flow and starts to fly.

Not holding my breath of what those superstuds can do.. Or however they are considering ever been then. Probably not considering much anything regarding of that. Could be usefull to consider and regard at least something. That great bodylanguage of Mark Williams WAS. After a long and valiant playing. Has been and was. Not many people out there can do that. Not holding my breath there will be any good bodylanguages out there now.

I have called it as a playing career now. Nothing to prove anymore. That´s just a one more game and a sport added to a long list. Not that long list, but a long. I already got the recognising being basically unplayable when on the mood and really fancing the job or being forced to play my best. That´s it. Found the top-form and got that recognising which I obviously knew was just a matter of time.

Not many people can (unfortunately) change. But I can. And that´s the reason everyone can only be happy when something actually changes. The new buildings, the tattoos. That´s why those are all good. But that´s really unfortunate and sad situation. It wouldn´t be so if the people could change and to raise their games. But they can´t.

But I really like all those couples. That´s the way it should be. Otherwise I would be heavily pressurised :grrr: . I consider you two as a couple (amonga the ALL of those other ones..), and I am more than happy to settle for that.

Postby SnookerFan

TheSaviour wrote:So the zombies versus the rest. I really need to settle for that. After a long and valiant thinking processes. Instead of looking for that complete victory what the likes of me and Snookerfan have been eyeing..

Damn right we have. :grrr:

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody watching?

Or there live?

Would be watching if my Eurosport stream was working!

I see Zhou Yuelong is 1-0 up against Michael Georgiou and Jamie Jones is 1-0 up against Simon Lichtenberg.

Postby SteveJJ

It's a shame that its Gareth Southgate rather than a snooker player that has seen a 35% rise in sales of waistcoats in the past few weeks.

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:

Snookerbacker was saying he was having problems too.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:

Snookerbacker was saying he was having problems too.

There's usually gremlins at the first tournament of the season - either they don't show it at all or there's a problem with the stream.

Anyway, latest scores:

Michael Georgiou 1 v 1 Zhou Yuelong
Simon Lichtenberg 0 - 3 Jamie Jones
Rod Lawler 1 - 0 Martin O'Donnell
Kuldesh Johal 1 v 1 Chris Wakelin
Ricky Walden 1 v 0 John Astley

Looks like Jamie Jones will be the first one through (from actually playing a match). More misery for Germany.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker @WorldSnooker1
We apologise for issues regarding the Eurosport Player live stream this morning. We are working with our partners to resolve the issue.

Postby SnookerFan

Ballrun ready to face Chinese duo as season gets underway in Preston
STUART BINGHAM admits he is “itching” to return to action as his season gets underway with qualifiers against two Chinese players in Preston this week.

Ballrun breaks off against Niu Zhuang at 7pm on Tuesday (July 3) for a spot at the Riga Masters, and then faces Zhang Andu at 7pm on Friday with a place at the World Open up for grabs.

The world No 13 has enjoyed an extended summer break with his family at home in Essex and feels refreshed and focused heading into the new campaign.

Bingham said: “I’ve had a nice summer and played a bit of golf in recent weeks but now I am itching to get back on the table.

“I don’t think I have played Niu before but I recognise him and I will not be underestimating him of course.

“I have played Andu a couple of times and I used to practice with him at the Grove in Romford. He’s a good player and probably a bit underestimated.

“With the Chinese players I have found that they can play some bad matches and lose focus, but they can also pull great performances and results out of the bag at any time.

“But as always the key for me will just be concentrating on my own game.”

Bingham also revealed he has had a chance to get some useful work done with his coach Terry Griffiths this summer.

He added: “I saw him in Gloucester a couple of weeks ago and we had a bite to eat and spoke about my game and career, and the next day worked on some things on the table.

“He his a very funny guy when you get to know him and a real character, but he also really knows his stuff so when he talks you listen.

“It’s great to be working with Terry again for this season and I hope it will help with putting some good results together.”

http://stuartbingham.com/2018/07/seasonopeners/

Postby SteveJJ

Liang follows his world championship whitewash with one of his own this time, beating Adam Duffy 4-0.

Kleckers doing well, 3-0 up against Ursenbacher. Under 30 secs AST.

Didn't catch Lawler's AST this morning but Ebdon is over the 30 sec mark so may get a warning.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:Ballrun ready to face Chinese duo as season gets underway in Preston
STUART BINGHAM admits he is “itching” to return to action as his season gets underway with qualifiers against two Chinese players in Preston this week.

Ballrun breaks off against Niu Zhuang at 7pm on Tuesday (July 3) for a spot at the Riga Masters, and then faces Zhang Andu at 7pm on Friday with a place at the World Open up for grabs.

The world No 13 has enjoyed an extended summer break with his family at home in Essex and feels refreshed and focused heading into the new campaign.

Bingham said: “I’ve had a nice summer and played a bit of golf in recent weeks but now I am itching to get back on the table.

“I don’t think I have played Niu before but I recognise him and I will not be underestimating him of course.

“I have played Andu a couple of times and I used to practice with him at the Grove in Romford. He’s a good player and probably a bit underestimated.

“With the Chinese players I have found that they can play some bad matches and lose focus, but they can also pull great performances and results out of the bag at any time.

“But as always the key for me will just be concentrating on my own game.”

Bingham also revealed he has had a chance to get some useful work done with his coach Terry Griffiths this summer.

He added: “I saw him in Gloucester a couple of weeks ago and we had a bite to eat and spoke about my game and career, and the next day worked on some things on the table.

“He his a very funny guy when you get to know him and a real character, but he also really knows his stuff so when he talks you listen.

“It’s great to be working with Terry again for this season and I hope it will help with putting some good results together.”

http://stuartbingham.com/2018/07/seasonopeners/

I wasn't going to make a fuss about the repeated misspelling of Bingham's opponent in the second set of qualifiers. I thought it might be much andu about nothing.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I forgot about Wenbo getting whitewashed 10-nil in the world champs. What a bizarre result. It was against a journeyman as well.

Yeah, didn't see that coming.

Postby SteveJJ

Deewee wrote:Could Kleckers now push on and get a second win this time around?

He certainly has started both his seasons well.

Postby Alex0paul

Fu is provisionally 63rd on the End of Season rankings