Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Goldenballs147 wrote:That yellow...

First session Ronnie would have rolled behind yellow..

here he wants to win as soon as possible

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:DECLINE

this still isn't peak O'Sullivan. Had Steve Peters arrived in the late 90's or early 00's we would have seen the scariest machine ever in Snooker. Its a pity Peters arrived when Ronnie was already in his mid 30's.

Postby Goldenballs147

Andre147 wrote:

Someone said earlier about O’Sullivan having a game plan for this match and they were 100% spot on. He created that lead and now he wants to finish the job.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:

this still isn't peak O'Sullivan. Had Steve Peters arrived in the late 90's or early 00's we would have seen the scariest machine ever in Snooker. Its a pity Peters arrived when Ronnie was already in his mid 30's.

Better late than never ;)

Won 2 WCs, 1 UK champs and 3 Masters with Steve Peters.

Many players dont win that many TCs.

Postby Andre147

Goldenballs147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Someone said earlier about O’Sullivan having a game plan for this match and they were 100% spot on. He created that lead and now he wants to finish the job.

that someone was me actually. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Goldenballs147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Is that really a game plan?

Establish lead. Keep it.

Doesn't everybody try to do that?

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:

To be honest, I'm happy with how things have turned out and I wouldn't want to go back to change anything really, not for all the tea in China.

Part of Ronnie's huge appeal back then was his charisma and unpredictably. If he'd have become just another Hendry clone, we'd have lost something really precious, imo. It wouldn't be the same Ronnie that we've come to know and love today.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

To be honest, I'm happy with how things have turned out and I wouldn't want to go back to change anything really, not for all the tea in China.

Part of Ronnie's huge appeal back then was his charisma and unpredictably. If he'd have become just another Hendry clone, we'd have lost something really precious, imo. It wouldn't be the same Ronnie that we've come to know and love today.

Exactly. Ronnie is an one off. Cant see a snoker player in the future with similar talent AND similar background playing the game like Ronnie has and achieving these things.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Exactly. Ronnie is an one off. Cant see a snoker player in the future with similar talent AND similar background playing the game like Ronnie has and achieving these things.

In Ken Doherty's book he was saying that Ronnie as a child had a full size, and professional players were coming round his house to practice.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

In Ken Doherty's book he was saying that Ronnie as a child had a full size, and professional players were coming round his house to practice.

Ronnie mentions that in his book as well. He said Ken was coming round so often he was starting to get fed up of it. One time when Ken came knocking, he talks about how he didn't answer the door and instead drew all the curtains shut and pretended knowone was in. rofl

Postby Goldenballs147

SnookerFan wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Establish lead. Keep it.

Everybody tries, yeah. I was talking more about the way they would go about it depending on what sort of performance they want to put on or who their opponent is.
Last edited by Goldenballs147 on 18 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Goldenballs147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Establish lead. Keep it.

Everybody tries, yeah. I was talking more about the way they would go about it.

You're from Belfast, right?

You going next week?