Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Sory but I didn't count Championship League as a Final... pmsl

but if you want it, yes Trump leads 4-2.

No. We don’t it. It was a best of three armchairs.

If ye count them stupid CL matches for h2h which ye seem to do the final counts I'm afraid

We always count the overall h2h. Btw, you're always disagreeing with everybody here I see... :zzz:

How am I disagreeing ?. I'm pointing out a fact. So I have to agree with everything people say is it OK ?. noted

Postby Ronnie79

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I hope Ronnie does prove me wrong I really do but be honest - do you think he can handle the Ace in the Pack at his best?
It is possible and I wouldn't begrudge it at all.
However, I do believe Judd is a more complete player than ROD was at his age and (crucially) his development has been more rapid.

A More complete player at 28 than Ronnie was will you cop on. Ronnie dismantled Hendry 17-4 in a world semi at the same age. What a pile of sh1te talk that is

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Really not trying to be silly or provocative but I think Judd's improvements in safety and tactics are immense. Surely it will happen to Ronnie just as it did Hendry and Davis before him. I would happily be proven wrong five years down the line as I admire what Ronnie has done but snooker has a cruel history of new generations leaving their mentors behind.

You said that Trump at this age is a more complete player than O'Sullivan was though which just isn't true. The titles prove you're much wrong. Trump is 28 now. Thats the age when O'Sullivan already won his second world title in 2004. And I recommend you to watch that tournament if you haven't done it.

That O'Sullivan would have absolutely murdered Trump.

I don't deny that Trump is in his prime now while O'Sullivan definitely isn't and its highly likely Trump will win most of the matches they'll play from now on but what you said sounded like Trump is a greater player than O'Sullivan ever was which is just non-sense.

Trump is no Hendry,O'Sullivan or Higgins and never will be.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

10-4/5 Ronnie

Have good feeling. If he is on he is the still the best player out there. Only some mental blocks hinder him to perform consistenly.

He solved Higgins, solved in an extent Selby (played him well at the Masters and Welsh last year, not so well in the UK final but responded in the 2nd session)

now he has to solve Trump.

I am confident that Ronnie will put on a good show. And then we will see what happens.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:Anyone who thinks Trump is better at 28 than ROS was knows nothing about snooker imo

I want to believe he was being ironic or tongue in cheek comment.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Hmmm...I need to reconsider my posts! I will backtrack on the 'same age' comparison as I did think Trump was younger than 28.This statement was wrong.

I stand by some of the views stated though as I think some people judge Trump unfairly as they do not like him as a person.

Will he not achieve legend status?

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's 4th Final already this season and we're not half way through it yet. And 3rd in the space of a month. He's definately finding consistency in his performances.

Just needs to sort out some of those Final nerves, especially facing the top players.

Postby Andre147

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hmmm...I need to reconsider my posts! I will backtrack on the 'same age' comparison as I did think Trump was younger than 28.This statement was wrong.

I stand by some of the views stated though as I think some people judge Trump unfairly as they do not like him as a person.

Has all the talent in the World to achieve that status. Will he? All depends on his attitute. Last season he reached 5 Finals, won 2 titles, then did what he did at the Worlds. As I say, all depends on his attitue.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Hmmm...I need to reconsider my posts! I will backtrack on the 'same age' comparison as I did think Trump was younger than 28.This statement was wrong.

Selby has won three world titles in his 30's. Higgins has won three of his four World titles in his 30's. So I don't see any reason why Trump shouldn't win lets say 2. And I do really hope he'll win the world title one day. Same with Ding. It would be shame if they didn't.

And with the amout of ranking titles we have these days he should overtake Williams number (18).

So he has a chance.

Postby Erza Scarlet

2015 Worlds was a missed opportunity for Judd. He should've won that.

He has everything to win and I think he will but it'll be in his early 30s. He's definitely an underachiever with his talent. You'd think he would have more than 1 triple crown event by now.

In comparison to Ronnie at the same age, Ronnie had 16 rankings (double that of Trump's and at a time where there were less rankings) which included 2 Worlds and 4 other Triple Crown events.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Trump has talent but not the same amount of talent which Ronnie possesses.

We shouldnt compare Trump with Ronnie. Atm he is not even close to Jimmy Whites achievements.

Alex and Ronnie were right handers and won multiple WCs.

Jimmy and Trump are left handers and I hope he doesnt end up like the first one in WC aspect.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

O'sullivan is a little underrated for this final and Trump slightly overestimated.

you see Trump bigger than he is.

Maybe that Ronnie has lost a lot of finals lately but we can not say that the finals are the strong point of Judd Trump. he has lost a lot since the beginning of his career.

Besides, what did he gain from really important? 1 UK. it's pretty skinny for a player of this talent.

I think Judd trump will never be world champion. he can make big breaks, he has a great long game, his safety is good. but he lacks the consistency, I find him a little lightly mentally, rather feverish, and his play position is really not great.

Postby Pedro147

Trump has a session where he’s usually awful and his game relies more on luck than others - hitting it hard and hoping the red goes safe if he misses for example. So in multiple session matches he’s likely to either run out of luck or have a mare. This is why he’ll never be a serial winner of triple crown events.

Postby Ronnie79

Badsnookerplayer wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:Anyone who thinks Trump is better at 28 than ROS was knows nothing about snooker imo

Well, it sounds like you are the expert on knowing nothing about snooker.

I'd lose ya and find ya sunshine

Postby Ronnie79

So you mean you were wrong then ?. Fair enough

Postby eraserhead

For me the most important factor for Ronnie in finals is his long game. Against most players his ability to score is enough to win matches. If Ronnie's knocking in a decent amount of pots from distance I'd back him for any match.

As for Trump brilliant player but losing a semi against Bingham and being dragged off for slow play at the worlds against McLeod is bizarre, Bingham's obviously more competitive recently than he was in the past, but I expected someone of Judd's class to step up in that match. I think he should have reached a masters final by now as well, it's his kind of atmosphere. Most of the Ranking finals Judd has won have been close wins and he has 8 titles and been a runner up 8 times. I don't think Judd bosses finals as easily as other players have.

That last comment isn't me trying to tourist off Trump. I never used to like him and there are still things that bug me about him, but I can see the efforts he's put into into his game and the improvement each season. The only thing he needs to do now is prove it at the worlds, uk and masters.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

Has all the talent in the World to achieve that status. Will he? All depends on his attitute. Last season he reached 5 Finals, won 2 titles, then did what he did at the Worlds. As I say, all depends on his attitue.

Whether he wins today or not, there's more ranking events in Ronnie's future, imo.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:I'm awake. My throat is burning. I'm watching on Quest in bed.

I had some beer last night for the first time in a while. Still not a fan.

Come on Ronnie! :D