Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:last time Ronnie won 2 rankers in a season was the 2012 German Masters and Worlds.

If he does win it, he'd only be 6 behind Hendry, and I think that would give him motivation to pursue that record.

Yeah he talks it down. But it's in his sights.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:last time Ronnie won 2 rankers in a season was the 2012 German Masters and Worlds.

If he does win it, he'd only be 6 behind Hendry, and I think that would give him motivation to pursue that record.

Yeah he talks it down. But it's in his sights.

Two things that I think he'll have is obviously making the 1000 centuries, and I think he can beat Hendry's 18 Majors, Ronnie's on 17 so only 2 left.

The 36 rankers are harder, but definately doable. The 7 Worlds are nearly impossible after he lost the 2014 Final.

Postby Andre147

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:I would like to know the percentage of the pot of ronnie during the semi final.

I have the impression that he has hardly missed a pot.

He did miss of course, but the chinese dont provide those stats usually... must have been 91 or 92%...

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Trump to win 10-7

I say the same.

And this is not being negative in any way, just being realistic and what I think will happen. Yesterday for instance I said Ronnie would win 6-4 against Higgins.

Postby Iranu

Apologies Andre, I thought you said he'd rather lose/miss this one and do well in the NI and UK.

Regardles, I think the fact he's playing Judd is more important to his confidence than this being a ranker - I feel like he could really do with paying him back for last season. And also beating a top player in a final again.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Andre147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:I would like to know the percentage of the pot of ronnie during the semi final.

I have the impression that he has hardly missed a pot.

He did miss of course, but the chinese dont provide those stats usually... must have been 91 or 92%...

in my opinion it is higher. I see more in the 94-95%..

he did not miss that much. there were not very big breaks because the tables each time were difficult.

he played a lot of safeties today. by the way he was excellent in this compartment of the game.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Iranu wrote:Apologies Andre, I thought you said he'd rather lose/miss this one and do well in the NI and UK.

Regardles, I think the fact he's playing Judd is more important to his confidence than this being a ranker - I feel like he could really do with paying him back for last season. And also beating a top player in a final again.

Great post.

i think he is with selby ( and higgins but he can be solved the problem) the player who fears the most.

Tomorrow could be a turning point for the rest of the season.

If ronnie plays his best snooker tomorrow he will mark the spirits.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Apologies Andre, I thought you said he'd rather lose/miss this one and do well in the NI and UK.

No worries. Yes he wants some revenge from the EM Final, he was 8-6 up and lost 9-8. Also lost the WGP 5-3 this year.

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:Image Image Image
Monday 13th - Saturday 18th of November at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

Down to the Final match, and the last two remaining players are Judd Trump, who has only conceded 3 frames at the venue stages, and Ronnie O'Sullivan, who beat great rival John Higgins 6-2 and himself has only lost 6 frames in his route to the Final. Trump's 3rd Shanghai Final, having lost his previous 2 by the odd frame. O'Sullivan's also 3rd Shanghai Final, but won it once in 2009 and since that tournament this is in fact the furthest he's ever reached in a China tournament.

The head to head is very much tied every way you look at it, so something gotta give tomorrow. Both seeking their 2nd ranking event title of the season, Trump looking for his career 9th whilst O'Sullivan trying to be on 2nd place of all time with 30 just 6 behind Stephen Hendry.

Who shall win and bank a good £150,000 and the title?

Final

Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Tied at 10-10
Main Tournaments: Tied at 6-6
Multi-session matches:O'Sullivan leads 3-2
Finals : Trump leads 3-2

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Trump actually leads 4-2 in finals by the way

Postby Ronnie79

TheRocket wrote:the good thing about this season is that the two finals he lost have been non-ranking tournaments. Hong Kong basicially was more of an exhibition tournament and the CoC is just a poor mans masters event which he already won twice.

So it was quite easy to get over it. But this one would hurt me if he lost it. Its a big tournament and it would be his 30th ranker.

Why would it matter that they were only non-ranking event finals both were very prestigious and he lost them ?. A final defeat is a final defeat they were not Mickey mouse events

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Hope Ronnie can find his A game and win it. But Trump is highly motivated, having lost 2 Finals here 10-9. I make Trump favourite, so hopefully Ronnie can surprise me and win it.

Don't be nervous Andre :) a week ago you didn't even care if he won a match here!

You've got it all wrong mate!

I said I didn't expect him to do well here having just returned from the CoC. I did say I'd much rather he won this one than the CoC.

I just thought he wouldn't do any favours by playing this one. Now that he's reached the Final, I badly want him to bank 150 grand and of course a 30th ranker.

Like TR said, Hong Kong and CoC finals are very easy to forget, non-rankers, but this one is only behind the Worlds and UK in terms of prize money, so it's a big tournament.

One thing that helps it that he's won this before, and that does make a diference. But still, Trump is favourite for me.

The fact ROS won this in 2009 has absolutely no relevance to the final tomorrow

Postby Ronnie79

I hope I'm wrong but I think Ronnie bottles finals against the top boys nowadays. He won the masters beating Perry and the EO beating Wilson. I think he will fold under pressure 2mrw. He hates playing Trump. Watch as he will let this final slip also. Trump will win 10-7.

Postby Ronnie79

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Sory but I didn't count Championship League as a Final... pmsl

but if you want it, yes Trump leads 4-2.

No. We don’t it. It was a best of three armchairs.

If ye count them stupid CL matches for h2h which ye seem to do the final counts I'm afraid

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Sory but I didn't count Championship League as a Final... pmsl

but if you want it, yes Trump leads 4-2.

No. We don’t it. It was a best of three armchairs.

If ye count them stupid CL matches for h2h which ye seem to do the final counts I'm afraid

We always count the overall h2h. Btw, you're always disagreeing with everybody here I see... :zzz:

Postby Andre147

I said Trump would win 10-7, but lots of you folks discounting Ronnie's chances...

Good, he can prove all of you (even me) wrong then. That would be even sweeter :-D

Postby Badsnookerplayer

I hope Ronnie does prove me wrong I really do but be honest - do you think he can handle the Ace in the Pack at his best?
It is possible and I wouldn't begrudge it at all.
However, I do believe Judd is a more complete player than ROD was at his age and (crucially) his development has been more rapid.

Postby TheRocket

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I hope Ronnie does prove me wrong I really do but be honest - do you think he can handle the Ace in the Pack at his best?
However, I do believe Judd is a more complete player than ROD was at his age and (crucially) his development has been more rapid.

please tell me that you're just trying to be ironic mate.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:I hope Ronnie does prove me wrong I really do but be honest - do you think he can handle the Ace in the Pack at his best?

please tell me that you're just trying to be ironic mate.

Must be. With Judd's age Ronnie was already World Champ. Judd has only won 1 TC event, and that's embarrasing for someone of his calibre.

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Really not trying to be silly or provocative but I think Judd's improvements in safety and tactics are immense. Surely it will happen to Ronnie just as it did Hendry and Davis before him. I would happily be proven wrong five years down the line as I admire what Ronnie has done but snooker has a cruel history of new generations leaving their mentors behind.