Post a reply

Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Monday 13th - Saturday 18th of November at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

Down to the Final match, and the last two remaining players are Judd Trump, who has only conceded 3 frames at the venue stages, and Ronnie O'Sullivan, who beat great rival John Higgins 6-2 and himself has only lost 6 frames in his route to the Final. Trump's 3rd Shanghai Final, having lost his previous 2 by the odd frame. O'Sullivan's also 3rd Shanghai Final, but won it once in 2009 and since that tournament this is in fact the furthest he's ever reached in a China tournament.

The head to head is very much tied every way you look at it, so something gotta give tomorrow. Both seeking their 2nd ranking event title of the season, Trump looking for his career 9th whilst O'Sullivan trying to be on 2nd place of all time with 30 just 6 behind Stephen Hendry.

Who shall win and bank a good £150,000 and the title?

Final

Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: Tied at 10-10
Main Tournaments: Tied at 6-6
Multi-session matches:O'Sullivan leads 3-2
Finals : Trump leads 3-2

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Final !!!!!!

Postby TheRocket

Dan-cat wrote:Ronnie is the best player ever. Why are you worried?

lost the last three finals against Trump (even though one of them was only the CL of course) and did look edgy in the last 6-7 finals with the exception of the EO.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:

lost the last three finals against Trump (even though one of them was only the CL of course) and did look edgy in the last 6-7 finals with the exception of the EO.

True but it's a completely different proposition this season.

Last season apart from the occasional match (e.g. the UK semi against Fu) Ronnie was getting to finals despite not looking entirely convincing. This season that hasn't been the case.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

I've gotta be honest, I'm very nervous about this one and my hopes are not the highest...

Hope Ronnie can find his A game and win it. But Trump is highly motivated, having lost 2 Finals here 10-9. I make Trump favourite, so hopefully Ronnie can surprise me and win it.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

True but it's a completely different proposition this season.

Last season apart from the occasional match (e.g. the UK semi against Fu) Ronnie was getting to finals despite not looking entirely convincing. This season that hasn't been the case.

And he is mentally way stronger and more positive.

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

I've gotta be honest, I'm very nervous about this one and my hopes are not the highest...

Hope Ronnie can find his A game and win it. But Trump is highly motivated, having lost 2 Finals here 10-9. I make Trump favourite, so hopefully Ronnie can surprise me and win it.

Trump is slight favourite but I feel that Ronnie wanna put the CoC defeat behind and make a point here.

Postby TheRocket

the good thing about this season is that the two finals he lost have been non-ranking tournaments. Hong Kong basicially was more of an exhibition tournament and the CoC is just a poor mans masters event which he already won twice.

So it was quite easy to get over it. But this one would hurt me if he lost it. Its a big tournament and it would be his 30th ranker.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

You’re the new MDG :P

Also, how is Trump favourite on recent form?!

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

You’re the new MDG :P

Also, how is Trump favourite on recent form?!

Won the European Masters plus streamrolled his opponent plus won some big finals vs Ronnie.

But only a slight one. I feel Ronnie will win it very comfortably if he keeps his calmness. Like today.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Don't be nervous Andre :) a week ago you didn't even care if he won a match here!

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Don't be nervous Andre :) a week ago you didn't even care if he won a match here!

You've got it all wrong mate!

I said I didn't expect him to do well here having just returned from the CoC. I did say I'd much rather he won this one than the CoC.

I just thought he wouldn't do any favours by playing this one. Now that he's reached the Final, I badly want him to bank 150 grand and of course a 30th ranker.

Like TR said, Hong Kong and CoC finals are very easy to forget, non-rankers, but this one is only behind the Worlds and UK in terms of prize money, so it's a big tournament.

One thing that helps it that he's won this before, and that does make a diference. But still, Trump is favourite for me.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:What are the timings please?

6 a.m and 11:30 a.m

Is that local time or GMT?

Local time of course :chin:

Postby Andre147

last time Ronnie won 2 rankers in a season was the 2012 German Masters and Worlds.

If he does win it, he'd only be 6 behind Hendry, and I think that would give him motivation to pursue that record.