Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Semi-Finals

Postby Andy Spark

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Bet it is Steve Davis

The Selby of his day; but the other players were less good then so he could languidly pile on the frames to the chagrin of the WPBSA...haha, great times! :-D

Postby Alex0paul

Andy Spark wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Trump would have to win 6-0 then go 5-0 up in the final to break the record for frames won in a row in a single tournament

What's the record for consecutive frames won in a ranking tournament?

33 I believe by Stephen Lee

Postby TheRocket

Alex0paul wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Trump would have to win 6-0 then go 5-0 up in the final to break the record for frames won in a row in a single tournament

True. From the Stephen Lee wikipedia page.

"During his first season as a professional he had a run of 33 successive frames won during qualifying matches, an all-time professional record"

that would have been a good question for the never ending quiz actually.

Postby Andy Spark

Alex0paul wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Wow! And Stephen Lee too; how to go from hero to zero in snooker.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:TR and Andre, watch this:

https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status ... 9027663872

I couldnt stop laughing.

rofl :clap:

It's nearly impossible, but if I had to name one player to do it, that would be Ronnie no doubt. I believe he could win the NI Open, but from there in the Scottish one he would probably lose.

Postby gallantrabbit

Was watching a bit of Judd's game. See there's half a dozen party members in the audience again...
Not about time Hearn/Ferguson stepped in when winging out these contracts to hold tournaments abroad? Don't have to price it to let the riff raff in <laugh> but they should try to fill up a little. So popular over there...

Postby Wildey

Have to be honest Ronnie v Higgins doesent do it for me and never has.

i dont feel a edge there its nicey nicey mutual respect

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Have to be honest Ronnie v Higgins doesent do it for me and never has.

Mutual respect there certainly is, but it's one of the best rivarlies there's ever been in Snooker, because both are so evenly matched.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Was watching a bit of Judd's game. See there's half a dozen party members in the audience again...
Not about time Hearn/Ferguson stepped in when winging out these contracts to hold tournaments abroad? Don't have to price it to let the riff raff in <laugh> but they should try to fill up a little. So popular over there...

I Just think its a massive corparate and Televised sport over there but not for live audience.

yes they can get more in by lowering prices but cant see it ever being a full house

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:Have to be honest Ronnie v Higgins doesent do it for me and never has.

<doh> :hmmm:

One of the greatest rivalries the sport of snooker ever had. Two of the very best players of all time. Had some of the best matches ever played. What's not to like?

Postby gallantrabbit

Wildey wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Was watching a bit of Judd's game. See there's half a dozen party members in the audience again...

I Just think its a massive corparate and Televised sport over there but not for live audience.

yes they can get more in by lowering prices but cant see it ever being a full house

Reminds me of Brazil. No need for it and no gain for anyone, particularly the players who'd love to play in front of a German style crowd.

Postby Andre147

Wild loves players hating each other, so he thinks Alex Higgins v Davis is up there as the best rivarly...

Players don't have to hate each other for it to be a great rivarly. They just have to have had great matches between them, and Ronnie v Higgins have some of the best ever.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:Players don't have to hate each other for it to be a great rivarly. They just have to have had great matches between them, and Ronnie v Higgins have some of the best ever.

Indeed. Ronnie v Higgins have been some of the most epic matches of all time. The standard of play has been insane at times when these two were battling eachother.

Postby Andy Spark

The juxtaposition of that comment and your sharp-toothed avatar made me laugh...haha

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow, Ronnie is in serious form here this week, I didn't expect that at all!

Now we have a brilliant semi final line up.

Me neither. I really thought he wouldn't do hmself any favours by playing this one just after the Coc, and instead prepare better for NI and the UK.

Right now, I'd much rather he won this big money tournament and go out early at the NI Open. F.uck that 1 million thing, this tournament is bigger.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow, Ronnie is in serious form here this week, I didn't expect that at all!

Now we have a brilliant semi final line up.

Me neither. I really thought he wouldn't do hmself any favours by playing this one just after the Coc, and instead prepare better for NI and the UK.

Right now, I'd much rather he won this big money tournament and go out early at the NI Open. F.uck that 1 million thing, this tournament is bigger.

Say that to a Northern Ireland man.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Wild loves players hating each other, so he thinks Alex Higgins v Davis is up there as the best rivarly...

Players don't have to hate each other for it to be a great rivarly. They just have to have had great matches between them, and Ronnie v Higgins have some of the best ever.

I Just find it a dull match and always have..

i prefer Ronnie battering him quickly so we move on to the next match

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I'm still surprised the Ronnie and Higgins aren't more equal in their h2h.

don't forget some of that includes Premier league and CL... if take those out Higgins actually leads I think, but not by much.

Higgins is not ahead if you remove CL results no one counts them anyway

Postby Ronnie79

Alex0paul wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

That is not in one event because all Qualifiers were played in the summers back then and events were played back to back. That is why Ronnie won 38 matches in a row. Not all in one event

Postby Andre147

Yes it really isn't the same putting Lee on this list because those were several events.

Anyone know the record for most consecutive frames won in the same tournament?

Postby Ronnie79

Andre147 wrote:Yes it really isn't the same putting Lee on this list because those were several events.

And in tournament play not in qualies

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Yes it really isn't the same putting Lee on this list because those were several events.

And in tournament play not in qualies

yea the oposition they played in the early rounds at the norbreck blackpool was a whos who of numpties