Post a reply

Re: Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Last 16 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why has Dott gone fast when he was successful before?

The two world finals he was involved in put millions to sleep and he quite rightly got a lot of stick for it. Maybe that affected him on a personal level.

He's also struck me as someone who's always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. That BBC feature with him standing in a field with cows comes to mind straightaway. Cares too much about how others perceive him.

Yea your quite right why should he give a toss what some idiots (you) on Forums think of him <ok>

You're right, he shouldn't give a toss what anyone else thinks, whether that's the media, people on forums, opponents...whoever really. BUT it was always my impression that he did indeed give a toss about what others thought, hence him playing the way he did and saying some of the things he did.

i was having a chep dig at you for that im sorry

I Do agree with you he does seem more interested in playing shots fast even Ronnie takes longer over immportant shots again Ronnie plays atacking safeties.

When Dott won the WC in 2006 he was taking care over every shot i think his breakbuilding and Rhythm is better now however its taken the edge off his overall matchplay and hence he is losing a lot he shouldnt

you got to find a winning combo or whats the point pleasing people doesent get you in to Finals and winning tournaments.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Badsnookerplayer wrote:Why has Dott gone fast when he was successful before?

The two world finals he was involved in put millions to sleep and he quite rightly got a lot of stick for it. Maybe that affected him on a personal level.

He's also struck me as someone who's always had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. That BBC feature with him standing in a field with cows comes to mind straightaway. Cares too much about how others perceive him.

He was involved in three World Finals.

Postby Cloud Strife

Williams manages to see off Selby 5-3. Will play Ronnie next.

Needed two bites at the cherry in that 8th frame, but luckily Selby gave him an easy chance to get over the line.

Postby snooky147

wpbsa need to be more damn careful. at 42-9 to graeme they changed scoreboard to him winning 5-4. Just reinforces my view that they are totally incompetent. I have said it many times.

Postby snooky147

Apparently, Brecel had an all or nothing red with the white in jaws of the black bag. If he misses the match is Graeme but it sailed in.
Oh well

Postby eraserhead

God dammit what time do the afternoon matches start here? Was hoping to catch some Ronnie's match before work. :irk:

Moving through his matches quite easily despite the travel.

Postby TheRocket

just seen the results. Looks like Ronnie played really well. And I'm not surprised Williams has beaten Selby. He's looked like the better player all day long throughout this tournament.

Postby Andre147

Great that Ronnie is playing well in a big ranking tournament such as this.

Especially because it being in China, but this tournament has been his favourite of the chinese ones.