Post a reply

Juss Sports Shanghai Masters Heldover and Last 64 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 13th - Saturday 18th of November at the Shanghai Grand Stage, China

Last year Ding junhui became the first to win 2 Shanghai Masters following his win in 2013.

This year the Shanghai Masters almost didnt happenn but in the end its back for the 11th time.

There are 10 Matches held over from Wigan including fixtures involving Ding Junhui, John Higgins and World Champion Mark Selby.

A few surprise omission after losing in the last 128 with Shaun Murphy, Neil Robertson and Former Champions Kyren Wilson and Ricky Walden falling by the wayside.

But still a quality field with Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump and Luca Brecel making the cut.

Who will reach the last 32?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Shanghai Masters Heldover and Last 64 !!!

Postby Andre147

OoNebsoO wrote:O'Sullivan plays close to noon on Tuesday...will he even go? Quite a short time to rest, fly and play since his tonight's match.

I wouldn't.

have a week's rest and preapare properly for the NI Open and UK.

Postby Deewee

Andre147 wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:O'Sullivan plays close to noon on Tuesday...will he even go? Quite a short time to rest, fly and play since his tonight's match.

I wouldn't.

The match has been moved to Wednesday morning already. Guess he's got a quite lucrative deal with the promoters so unlikely to give it a miss.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't.

Do you want him to win in Northern Ireland, Andre?

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't.

Do you want him to win in Northern Ireland, Andre?

Of course.

But the UK is way more important. But yes I want him to do well on both of them, and at least win 1.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's match has been moved to Wednesday morning (1:30a.m UK time).

He had to play on Tuesday evening. So this means he'll probably have to play 2 matches on Wednesday should he win hs first v Gary Wilson.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie's match has been moved to Wednesday morning (1:30a.m UK time).

He had to play on Tuesday evening. So this means he'll probably have to play 2 matches on Wednesday should he win hs first v Gary Wilson.

He would probably skip the NI had he not won the EO (and didnt have that million bonus chance). Like Selby did. Wont be easy the next few weeks. The recent past has very much shown he needs those breaks to play his best game. Particularly for the majors.

Postby Andre147

Like Vodka said in the Coc thread, I expect Ronnie to win his first match v Wilson but then lose either his next or the one after that.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Like Vodka said in the Coc thread, I expect Ronnie to win his first match v Wilson but then lose either his next or the one after that.

Ronnies Match has been moved from Tuesday at 11.30am to Wednesday at 1.30am,

although its 14 hours later Ronnie will infact be stil on British time so suerly the 11.30am match will be better for him rather than the middle of the night match.

Postby Cloud Strife

It feels abit surreal, tbh. One tournament finishes and only a few hours later another begins. I'm not complaining though, I think it's a truly wonderful scenario.

Who seriously could have foreseen this during the dark days of only having 6 tournaments a season?

I know Hearn can be an absolute clown sometimes, but the pros heavily outweigh the cons of his tenure so far. All snooker fans should be grateful for the job he's done and where he's dragged the sport to from where it was.

Hearn :hatoff:

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't.

Money money money.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I might go to Belfast next week.

Yeah, man.

Do it.

Is it far from you? Actually scratch that nowhere in Ireland is far. When I was at uni I took two weeks to explore Ireland with my girlfriend at the time (an English one, it was prior to my ambassadorial role), not realizing it was only a couple of hours from one side to the other. Had a wonderful time, spent the last week in Galway. A beautiful and friendly country,

Postby Pink Ball

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:I might go to Belfast next week.

Yeah, man.

Do it.

Is it far from you? Actually scratch that nowhere in Ireland is far. When I was at uni I took two weeks to explore Ireland with my girlfriend at the time (an English one, it was prior to my ambassadorial role), not realizing it was only a couple of hours from one side to the other. Had a wonderful time, spent the last week in Galway. A beautiful and friendly country,

I am from Galway myself -- one of the smallest 'cities' in the world, but I wouldn't trade it for New York.

It's about 4 hours to Belfast. The fastest route is to cross the country to Dublin and then go from there as there's no direct motorway between Galway and Belfast. Still, I have holidays, so it might be worth it.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't.

Money money money.

I know, even Ronnie said he goes out there for the promotional work, and if he wins matches its a bonus.