Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals :Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson

Postby sas6789

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Judd Trump is the modern day Jimmy White.

From “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” to “modern day Jimmy White” in six years.

While the new “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” turned out (rather remarkably) to be the old Ronnie O’Sullivan remodelled by Dr Steve Peters!

Judd was never "modern day Ronnie O'Sullivan". He has been "modern day Jimmy White" from day one.
He's a left hander, just like Jimmy.
He's never had the best cueball control, but he makes some crazy pots, just like Jimmy.
He's going bald, just like Jimmy.
He lost his first world final when he was in his early 20's, just like Jimmy.
He bottles it under pressure, just like Jimmy.
The only difference is that he doesn't have Jimmy's class. Whether in defeat or after a victory, Jimmy was a gentleman. Judd is arrogant.

In the next few years, Judd will start reaching the WC final, only to loose it every time to Wilson.
PS: in this analogy, Wilson is the new Hendry.

Wilson's nowhere near Hendry class, pure idiocy to suggest otherwise.
Last edited by sas6789 on 20 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sas6789

sas6789 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

While the new “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” turned out (rather remarkably) to be the old Ronnie O’Sullivan remodelled by Dr Steve Peters!

Judd was never "modern day Ronnie O'Sullivan". He has been "modern day Jimmy White" from day one.
He's never had the best cueball control, but he makes some crazy pots, just like Jimmy.
The only difference is that he doesn't have Jimmy's class. Whether in defeat or after a victory, Jimmy was a gentleman. Judd is arrogant.

In the next few years, Judd will start reaching the WC final, only to loose it every time to Wilson.

Delete.

Postby GJ

mantorok wrote:Kyren's a talent and all, but he really gets found out when against a seasoned campaigner, I know he can play better than this, but he needs to get his head together if he's going to fulfill his potential.

<laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:No one wearing a Burger King logo will ever win a major title.

Burger King is for losers.

:D :D :D :D :D

GJ

Wilson has a winner's mentality. Trump used to have it but he is too battle scarred.

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:

GJ

Wilson has a winner's mentality. Trump used to have it but he is too battle scarred.

How do you see his chances against Allen ?

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:

GJ

How do you see his chances against Allen ?

Their head to head is close but the match that stands out is when he beat Allen very easily at The Worlds. If Allen is favourite, it is only very marginally.

Tomorrow is the day for Wilson to prove he can become world number 1. If a player can produce his best on snooker's biggest stages then he is a player to be taken seriously.

Postby hendry_fan

I just read this on World Snooker,.........

Trump said: “It’s disappointing. I think I was the better player, it’s tough to take. Kyren got away with missing balls in every single frame. When someone gets away with so many shots you’ve got to take a chance because you can’t rely on him giving you an easy chance, so I wanted to grab the match by the scruff of the neck.

“When it’s not your day it’s not your day. When you know the run is like that then it might be Kyren’s week.”.

Postby Chalk McHugh

hendry_fan wrote:I just read this on World Snooker,.........

Trump said: “It’s disappointing. I think I was the better player, it’s tough to take. Kyren got away with missing balls in every single frame. When someone gets away with so many shots you’ve got to take a chance because you can’t rely on him giving you an easy chance, so I wanted to grab the match by the scruff of the neck.

“When it’s not your day it’s not your day. When you know the run is like that then it might be Kyren’s week.”.

Bloody right too.That's exactly how i saw the game.Outrageous fortune for Kyren had Judds head scrambled for his last low percentage shot.

Postby Iranu

Jesus, those grapes are so sour my eyes are watering.

Postby SnookerFan

What a idiot.

He sounds like a child sulking.

Postby snucar

Judd is far from being the new Jimmy. The only thing that stopped Jimmy from winning more is two titans of the game, Davis and Hendry. Yes, he's bottled it a couple of times but most of the times he's been outplayed by these two superior players. Same thing happened to Parrott. Judd on the other hand seems to have a pretty good record against the great ones of this era but keeps on failing to beat the others in big matches like semis or finals.

The only thing that Hendry and Wilson have in common is speaking the same language.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:Judd is far from being the new Jimmy. The only thing that stopped Jimmy from winning more is two titans of the game, Davis and Hendry. Yes, he's bottled it a couple of times but most of the times he's been outplayed by these two superior players. Same thing happened to Parrott. Judd on the other hand seems to have a pretty good record against the great ones of this era but keeps on failing to beat the others in big matches like semis or finals.

The only thing that Hendry and Wilson have in common is speaking the same language.

New Jimmy. rofl

People liked Jimmy.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:

Jesus, those grapes are so sour my eyes are watering.

Yes no word about how good Kyren was from 5-2 down <doh>

Judd just being Judd. :zzz:

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Do we have to go to work tomorrow? :sad:

Self employed so i dont.

:bird:

Haha,well done on not boozing this week.You said its been all the better for it.Me too,a sober week of enjoyment.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Do we have to go to work tomorrow? :sad:

Self employed so i dont.

:bird:

Haha,well done on not boozing this week.You said its been all the better for it.Me too,a sober week of enjoyment.

No, it has made it more about the snooker.

Chest has been better the past couple of days.

The trick will be to stay like it when I'm well.

Postby Johnny Bravo

sas6789 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Wilson's nowhere near Hendry class, pure idiocy to suggest otherwise.

Wilson will probably never be as successful as Hendry, but that doesn't mean that he can't reach the same standard as Hendry did.
If you weren't talking about their snooker skills/ability, and were instead referring to their personalities, I can say that Wilson is already a better person than Hendry ever was. His gesture towards that person in the audience proves that. On the other hand, Hendry was a sore looser that didn't care about anything else than winning.