Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Semi Finals :Judd Trump v Kyren Wilson

Postby eraserhead

Pink Ball wrote:Trump has worked hard on his game. But his misplaced arrogance has been hugely expensive throughout his career.

Feel like all his good safety gets played early in matches. If the match goes close his mentality changes to safety isn't working, goes full out attack and makes sloppy choices. I don't know if he works with anyone but he needs to go over some old matches, analyse his decision making at certain match points with someone with an outside perspective.
Last edited by eraserhead on 20 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

What a match,not the highest standard by any means,but totally action/suspence packed.

Before the match started,i was,nt bovered who,d win,but i thought Trump would,but boy,he did,nt 1/2 blow did,nt he.

But,........................................

,...............here comes the famous BUT...........

.............,full credit to Wilson,BUT he did,nt 1/2 get a whoppin run of the balls,especially in the last 2,3 frames + he got help from Judd,that has to be said.

I still canny believe that Trump lost that match,even though we all know,he,s blown/bottled countless matches havin been in front before,this time when he went 5-2 up,i really did think he,d pull it off again for once.

Deaaarrrry me,yet another absolute siccccckkkkener for the Trumpster,lettin such a lead slip,this time is happens at the Masters,thats just absolutely rediculous.

As i just wrote,credit to Wilson for pullin off the comeback,of course,he still had to pot the balls,but it certainly was,nt a convincing win as he really did need help from Trump + the whoopin run o the ball he had especially in the last,2,3 frames was the most run i,ve seen for a while.

That said,on the other side of the coin,Trump definatly has himself to blame,he should never have got himself in the situation he did in the 1st place,even in the decider he blew the chance he had,jeeeeez!,how lonnnnnnnng it is gonna take for him to learn to keep his foot on the pedal,to not lose focus,to go for silly shots when he has opponent on the ropes,he might never learn,until he does,it,s gonna earn him even more battle scars instead him earning more silverware,money,yet again,he has to suck in a confindence denter.

Deeeeeeeearrrry deeeeaaarrrry me!.

Postby Andy Spark

GJ wrote:Judds game isn't the problem

Its his brain at crunch moments it freezes

I think it’s his cue action under pressure that’s the problem.

Years ago a brilliant English golfer arrived on the scene but he had a dodgy action. He could win many smaller tournaments but needed to remodel his action to keep it working perfectly under pressure and consistently win the majors. His name was Nick Faldo. Judd needs to do a Nick Faldo and remodel his dodgy action.

Postby Alex0paul

People lambasting Trump for one bad shot in the match. Wilson played quite a few but got lucky with nudges or leaving things safe.

This match summed up why the Worlds is the only tournament worth watching nowadays. Too much variance involved in short matches played on these tables.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Judd is following Jimmy's footsteps career wise more and more. :sad: :-(
He keeps bottling it. He's also going bald just like Jimmy.
At least Jimmy was a gentleman, Judd's arrogant.
It feels less likely that he'll win the WC, he just can't handle the pressure. Even in that last frame, he had the first chance, a great chance, but he couldn't do it. He could have tried to split the pack from the blue instead of going for that one loose red, he just didn't have the cojones.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:People lambasting Trump for one bad shot in the match. Wilson played quite a few but got lucky with nudges or leaving things safe.

This match summed up why the Worlds is the only tournament worth watching nowadays. Too much variance involved in short matches played on these tables.

Trump fluked his way to many close wins about time things evened up :-D

Postby Dan-cat

Andy Spark wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Judd Trump is the modern day Jimmy White.

From “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” to “modern day Jimmy White” in six years.

While the new “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” turned out (rather remarkably) to be the old Ronnie O’Sullivan remodelled by Dr Steve Peters!

Haha yes well put

Postby GJ

I would normally have sympathy for the losing player in a match like that but Trump is just pure arrogant and has no respect for a lot of quality players like Kyren.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I would normally have sympathy for the losing player in a match like that but Trump is just pure arrogant and has no respect for a lot of quality players like Kyren.

I still think Trump's bitter about losing that Shanghai Final to Kyren.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:I would normally have sympathy for the losing player in a match like that but Trump is just pure arrogant and has no respect for a lot of quality players like Kyren.

I still think Trump's bitter about losing that Shanghai Final to Kyren.

2 big matches 2 deciding wins for Kyren will help him if they meet in another big a match :hatoff: <cool>

Postby Alex0paul

I just can't believe you'd support Wilson. He's just a completely boring person.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:

I just can't believe you'd support Wilson. He's just a completely boring person.

Each to their own Alex , I enjoy his game and he has a proper never say attitude which I admire.

Postby GJ

Also Judd made 1 mistake at 5-2 and 1 in the decider so a lot of credit has to go to Kyren , there have been huge chokes in the past for me that wasn't the case today.

Postby Alex0paul

GJ wrote:Also Judd made 1 mistake at 5-2 and 1 in the decider so a lot of credit has to go to Kyren , there have been huge chokes in the past for me that wasn't the case today.

I wouldn't say the one in the decider was a mistake as such. He played it as a shot to nothing except the other red cannoned into the white. Was a difficult one.

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
GJ wrote:Also Judd made 1 mistake at 5-2 and 1 in the decider so a lot of credit has to go to Kyren , there have been huge chokes in the past for me that wasn't the case today.

I wouldn't say the one in the decider was a mistake as such. He played it as a shot to nothing except the other red cannoned into the white. Was a difficult one.

Fair point <cool>

I have to admit Kyren had a great run of the ball not at murphys level though ;-)

Postby TheRocket

Key thing with Trump is hes not capable to play a high standard from start to finish. Not even in a bo11. I don't know why it is. We all know he can kill frames off in no time like O'Sullivan always does but he just can't maintain his level.

Maybe its the cue action. It might be a mental thing. I think Trump should visit a sports psychologist. He's just 28. He can still do a lot in this game and he shouldn't waste his career. Better visit someone now.

Postby GJ

TheRocket wrote:Key thing with Trump is hes not capable to play a high standard from start to finish. Not even in a bo11. I don't know why it is. We all know he can kill frames off in no time like O'Sullivan always does but he just can't maintain his level.

Maybe its the cue action. It might be a mental thing. I think Trump should visit a sports psychologist. He's just 28. He can still do a lot in this game and he shouldn't waste his career. Better visit someone now.

I think to be honest he thought the match was won at 5-2 so didn't think there was anyway he could lose.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andy Spark wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Judd Trump is the modern day Jimmy White.

From “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” to “modern day Jimmy White” in six years.

While the new “modern day Ronnie O’Sullivan” turned out (rather remarkably) to be the old Ronnie O’Sullivan remodelled by Dr Steve Peters!

Judd was never "modern day Ronnie O'Sullivan". He has been "modern day Jimmy White" from day one.
He's a left hander, just like Jimmy.
He's never had the best cueball control, but he makes some crazy pots, just like Jimmy.
He's going bald, just like Jimmy.
He lost his first world final when he was in his early 20's, just like Jimmy.
He bottles it under pressure, just like Jimmy.
The only difference is that he doesn't have Jimmy's class. Whether in defeat or after a victory, Jimmy was a gentleman. Judd is arrogant.

In the next few years, Judd will start reaching the WC final, only to loose it every time to Wilson.
PS: in this analogy, Wilson is the new Hendry.

Postby Iranu

I don't think Judd's as arrogant as he tries to portray himself.

If he was, he wouldn't crumble so often under pressure. I think the arrogance in interviews is a front, or maybe something that he thinks if he says it enough he'll start to believe it.

Postby GJ

Iranu wrote:I don't think Judd's as arrogant as he tries to portray himself.

If he was, he wouldn't crumble so often under pressure. I think the arrogance in interviews is a front, or maybe something that he thinks if he says it enough he'll start to believe it.

Spot on its as if he tries to play mind games with his opponents

Postby Chalk McHugh

Lads,i know Judd took on a few silly shots but i think he was angry about the all the run of the balls going against him.Tvere's no accounting for that.Wilson got a ridiculous amount of luck.Maybe seven or eight huge slices of fortune.I dont remember Judd getting one.Judds last desperate effort even came from a missed Wilson shot that bizarrely left Judd no easy shot.I dont mind Wilson but i cant remember one player to get all the luck like that in a game.

Postby GJ

Chalk McHugh wrote:Lads,i know Judd took on a few silly shots but i think he was angry about the all the run of the balls going against him.Tvere's no accounting for that.Wilson got a ridiculous amount of luck.Maybe seven or eight huge slices of fortune.I dont remember Judd getting one.Judds last desperate effort even came from a missed Wilson shot that bizarrely left Judd no easy shot.I dont mind Wilson but i cant remember one player to get all the luck like that in a game.

Judd has had lots of luck in matches against favourites of mine so I'm delighted :D :D :D

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:

He tries but it backfires on him.

he's done it with Wilson, with Carter, with Ronnie, and even Robbo I think. All of them failed cause he lost their next match.

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:

He tries but it backfires on him.

he's done it with Wilson, with Carter, with Ronnie, and even Robbo I think. All of them failed cause he lost their next match.

And Ding in 2016...before, during, and after the match