Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Finals Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen

Postby Alex0paul

RJFindlay wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Can't see anything other than a routine 6-0 win for Allen

pmsl exact same words you used for the Fu match! Please keep these comments coming every time Ronnie plays.

You must make it a tradition.

Yes I must

Postby RJFindlay

Alex0paul wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Can't see anything other than a routine 6-0 win for Allen

pmsl exact same words you used for the Fu match! Please keep these comments coming every time Ronnie plays.

You must make it a tradition.

Yes I must

:emb:

Postby Cloud Strife

RJFindlay wrote:Starting to have a bit more respect for Hendry now.

While an on song Ronnie at his best is unquestionably the greatest there ever was and ever will be, he simply doesn't have the consistency which Hendry had in spades.

Why, what did Hendry achieve when in his 40s?

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:

While an on song Ronnie at his best is unquestionably the greatest there ever was and ever will be, he simply doesn't have the consistency which Hendry had in spades.

Excellent commentary. <ok>

Postby Holden Chinaski

Cloud Strife wrote:

Good question. Hendry was amazing when he was young but he sucked when he got a bit older. At least Ronnie can still win big events. Ronnie has more consistancy than hendry in the long run..

Postby Pink Ball

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:At least that's one more over-40 out.

Wild will be pleased. He hates old people.

Wild's also over 40.... but he doesnt play top level snooker mind you.

Being alive in the same era as Wild, and being able to watch his excellence all these years, is one of the joys of my life. Call me a fanboy. Thank's Wild! :hatoff:

Postby Iranu

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Good question. Hendry was amazing when he was young but he sucked when he got a bit older. At least Ronnie can still win big events. Ronnie has more consistancy than hendry in the long run..

I dunno, I'd say Hendry was consistently average in his later years.

Postby Sickpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:

Boy the Ronnie fans get awfully defensive after a drubbing don't they.... :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Sickpotter wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Boy the Ronnie fans get awfully defensive after a drubbing don't they.... :chuckle:

DECLINE!

Postby Alex0paul

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

When did O'Sullivan win 5 Masters or 5 World titles in a row? Winning something every few years isn't consistency

Postby Cloud Strife

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

When did O'Sullivan win 5 Masters or 5 World titles in a row? Winning something every few years isn't consistency

Being good for 6 or 7 years and average the rest of the time isn't consistency either. Ronnie has won titles for nearly 25 years.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Fans of ronnie are all disappointed with his performance especially after Tuesday's performance against fu. but must relativize.

if i was asked to choose between uk and masters without hesitation i take uk. and he won the uk + shangai + english open so 3 rankings.

Masters is not a ranking and he has the record of wins here. in my opinion the masters is a slightly overweight tournament for my taste.

The goal is obviously the Worlds even if I think it will be extremely difficult: the tournament is long, it's difficult mentally, not sure that ronnie is all his head for 15 days. but I still believe in a 6th title.

Postby Wildey

RJFindlay wrote:What a spectacular fall.

Ronnie played like a God on Tuesday and then played like a donkey today.

Absolutely gutted.

you could say fu was like a donkey in the first round.

your only as good as the other player let you be.

on another day Allen would have given ronnie more chances.

Postby vodkadiet

Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The same spoilt brat garbage from O'Sullivan.

He will be at The Worlds make no mistake.

How can you be so sure?

He wants more World titles than Hendry.