Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Finals Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen

Postby vodkadiet

Breaking news: Roger Federer has withdrawn from Wimbledon this year.

The Swiss star cited the the enormous pressure he constantly felt being in the spotlight all the time.

"I don't want to have to go through all the stress of Wimbledon again. I have other things in life. I am writing a book. And I have been offered fifty million to go on Swiss Big Brother. I just play tennis for fun. I don't care about winning titles. I have been playing rubbish for the last 12 years anyway."

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
I've taken most of these types of remarks from ROS with a pinch of salt, never taking him seriously.

But this time, I dont know... something feels different. I still hope he'll play though, but if he goes there with the wrong mindset he'll go out first or second round.

I'm sure he'll play in the World Championship. But I also believe him when he keeps saying he doesn't care that much about winning or losing. Yesterday he looked very relieved and glad after losing to Allen. And it wasn't some tiny tournament, its the Masters. He also looked relieved after losing to Ding in last years World Championship.

Vodkadiet acts like ROS was obsessed with the 8 World titles and breaking Hendrys record. He isn't. He's missed the boat for that and he knows it. I can't see Ronnie winning more than one World title. And that would be a great achievement at this stage of his career.

VD is only saying that to belittle his achievements, ROS clearly enjoys life and it doesn't revolve around Snooker, not sure why people find that so hard to believe.

Because there isn't more to life than snooker.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre is right, this time it's different. :? I have a bad feeling about this. :sad: :-( :sad:

I'll be devastated if he doesn't enter the WC :crybye: :crybye: :crybye:
Given the way he's played this year, it's probably his last great chance to win one more.

That bas...rd Hearn, it's all his fault. If Ronn misses out on the WC because of him I'll f...ing :hang: Hearn.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:He won't miss it.

I wouldn't be so certain this time around. It's the only tournament he hasn't missed yes, but there's a first time for everything and this time it might be serious.

But even if he plays, if he goes there with the wrong mindset and approach, he wont get very far in the tournament. A shame because his first half of season was his best ever.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Andre147 wrote:

I wouldn't be so certain this time around. It's the only tournament he hasn't missed yes, but there's a first time for everything and this time it might be serious.

But even if he plays, if he goes there with the wrong mindset and approach, he wont get very far in the tournament. A shame because his first half of season was his best ever.

So true. If he does decide to enter and he manages to win it this year, it would be his greatest achievement, given how snooker is at a higher level than ever (I'm talking in depth, not necessarily the top players) and given his age.

Postby Rockettim147

Johnny Bravo wrote:Andre is right, this time it's different. :? I have a bad feeling about this. :sad: :-( :sad:

I'll be devastated if he doesn't enter the WC :crybye: :crybye: :crybye:
Given the way he's played this year, it's probably his last great chance to win one more.

That bas...rd Hearn, it's all his fault. If Ronn misses out on the WC because of him I'll f...ing :hang: Hearn.

This is a bit desperate

Postby Rockettim147

Johnny Bravo wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

So true. If he does decide to enter and he manages to win it this year, it would be his greatest achievement, given how snooker is at a higher level than ever (I'm talking in depth, not necessarily the top players) and given his age.

Yes it would be his best ever I think

Postby Rockettim147

SnookerFan wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:Starting to have a bit more respect for Hendry now.

While an on song Ronnie at his best is unquestionably the greatest there ever was and ever will be, he simply doesn't have the consistency which Hendry had in spades.

Why, what did Hendry achieve when in his 40s?

That Bucking DECLINE word is so annoying

Boy the Ronnie fans get awfully defensive after a drubbing don't they.... :chuckle:

DECLINE!

Postby Rockettim147

hendry_fan wrote::happy: Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry wellllllllllll done Mark Allen!. :happy:

Since most of you have been nice to me of late,i,ll make a very short comment and won,t go over the top this time with my cheering. ;-) :-)

Allen played verrrry well,he capatilised on the chances Ronnie gave him,he punished him,something many players have,nt been doin of late,yes,there were some matches where Ron blew his opponents off the table of late,but many players blew decent chances when Ron gave them and did,nt make the most them.

Beating a player who was observably unwell and under the weather. Yeah great win Ginger

Allen put him under pressure,Thats what the others players should be doin,yes,i know,it,s always easier said than done,but you really have to make the most of chances you get,Allen did miss some,but he made much more of the chances he got compared with what many others players have been doin of late.

Fulllllllllll credit to him for that.

<ok> :clap: CONGRATULATIONS MARK ALLEN!. :clap: <ok>

Over n out. :-D

Postby Rockettim147

Andre147 wrote:
Erza Scarlet wrote:
TheRocket wrote:With the form he was in and the way he played against Fu people thought winning all three majors could have been possible this season. So it was kinda an anti-climax, seeing him getting destroyed like this.

He's had a great season so far but what I don't want to see is a 14/15 like season where he had a brillant first half but a rubbish second one.

I still think Ronnie will win one more title before the worlds, grand prix/ welsh/ players championship/ china - one of them.

The Welsh is probably the one he's most likely to win. If he wins one of those, then great, a bonus, but all about that 6th World Title which I hope is coming next May.

Yeah it's all about the Worlds. Buck the rest. Will have a tough time with Slowby there

Postby Rockettim147

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:Starting to have a bit more respect for Hendry now.

While an on song Ronnie at his best is unquestionably the greatest there ever was and ever will be, he simply doesn't have the consistency which Hendry had in
spades.

Hendry left his wife for a younger model and his young children. Give Hendry credit for that.

Why, what did Hendry achieve when in his 40s?

He dumped his wife for a younger model :evilgrin:

Postby Rockettim147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
I've taken most of these types of remarks from ROS with a pinch of salt, never taking him seriously.

But this time, I dont know... something feels different. I still hope he'll play though, but if he goes there with the wrong mindset he'll go out first or second round.

I'm sure he'll play in the World Championship. But I also believe him when he keeps saying he doesn't care that much about winning or losing. Yesterday he looked very relieved and glad after losing to Allen. And it wasn't some tiny tournament, its the Masters. He also looked relieved after losing to Ding in last years World Championship.

Vodkadiet acts like ROS was obsessed with the 8 World titles and breaking Hendrys record. He isn't. He's missed the boat for that and he knows it. I can't see Ronnie winning more than one World title. And that would be a great achievement at this stage of his career.

I agree. Even being a Ronnie fan, I can't see him winning one let alone 2/3. One of the reasons is that he doesn't like the Worlds and the duration. Sad but as a Ronnie fan, must face facts. I think Selby has more chance of beating Hendry Record.

Postby Rockettim147

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I still say he has one more Crucible in him.

Can't see it tbh. Hope I'm wrong

Postby Rockettim147

vodkadiet wrote:Breaking news: Roger Federer has withdrawn from Wimbledon this year.

The Swiss star cited the the enormous pressure he constantly felt being in the spotlight all the time.

"I don't want to have to go through all the stress of Wimbledon again. I have other things in life. I am writing a book. And I have been offered fifty million to go on Swiss Big Brother. I just play tennis for fun. I don't care about winning titles. I have been playing rubbish for the last 12 years anyway."

BRILLIANT LOL BRILLIANT. So funny. You wanna send that to Ronnie LOL

Postby Andre147

Losing the 2014 Final will forever affect Ronnie. It would affect any player to be fair. Had he won it, would be within 1 World Title of Hendry, and I'm 100% sure that would motivate him to win a 7th.

After losing that Final, he just hasn't got the same edge at the Crucible, sadly.

Postby Iranu

Ronnie doesn't like the Worlds, and yet it's one of his most successful tournaments.

Is there a reason people are panicking about him missing the Worlds this year? He says this sort of rubbish all the time. Surely given the year he's had he'll fancy it this year more than most? Jimmy's one of his best mates and he doesn't believe him when he says this stuff - do we think we know him better than Jimmy?

As far as I'm concerned, until he doesn't turn up for his first round match, he'll be there.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:Ronnie doesn't like the Worlds, and yet it's one of his most successful tournaments.

Is there a reason people are panicking about him missing the Worlds this year? He says this sort of rubbish all the time. Surely given the year he's had he'll fancy it this year more than most? Jimmy's one of his best mates and he doesn't believe him when he says this stuff - do we think we know him better than Jimmy?

As far as I'm concerned, until he doesn't turn up for his first round match, he'll be there.

We'll know if he's entered or not after the deadline for entry ends.

Im not sure when that is... mid March maybe.

Postby Rockettim147

Andre147 wrote:Losing the 2014 Final will forever affect Ronnie. It would affect any player to be fair. Had he won it, would be within 1 World Title of Hendry, and I'm 100% sure that would motivate him to win a 7th.

After losing that Final, he just hasn't got the same edge at the Crucible, sadly.

Sadly you are right

Postby Johnny Bravo

Rockettim147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Losing the 2014 Final will forever affect Ronnie. It would affect any player to be fair. Had he won it, would be within 1 World Title of Hendry, and I'm 100% sure that would motivate him to win a 7th.

Sadly you are right

I also agree with that. If he was just one away from Hendry, that would spur him on for one more push/attempt.
After losing that final, deep down he knows he can't equal or beat Hendry anymore.
The WC format doesn't suit him either. You need to stay focused for so long and give it everything. I don't think Ronnie is prepared to go through the pain/pressure in order to win one more.
When Selby won it in 2014, he didn't do it cause he was better, he did it cause he wanted it so much more. Selby was willing to spit blood in order to win it, Ronnie was not. That made all the difference.
I guess in a way it comes down to a person's personality. Some people are willing to do anything for a win, some a not. Ronnie belongs to the seocnd category.
As far as I'm concerned, if he doesn't win it this year (that is if he turns up), he'll never do it again. :sad:

Postby vodkadiet

If O'Sullivan doesn't play the Worlds I will drink a pint of Cow's milk poison. There is no chance he won't play.

He is trying to alleviate the pressure on himself. He will say that he doesn't care about winning the Worlds but he just wants to entertain his fans, and if he wins a couple of matches it will be a massive bonus.

He cares about winning the Worlds as much as any other player, even Judd Trump.