Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Q Finals Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen

Postby Andy Spark

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:I’m surprised I seem to be the only one to really believe Ronnie’s ideas about being “dizzy” before the match. The bookies missed it, and priced him as they would at full health.

What's wrong with Ronnie? He looked terrible today.

Decline.

"Dizziness" (from post match press conference) apparently. Ronnie said he felt "dizzy" after the previous 6-0 win, which is probably more of an indication of the varacity of the statement. For Ronnie fans (like myself and Holden) there is an issue of the cause of the "dizziness"; we don't want it to be a long-term issue.

Postby Cloud Strife

vodkadiet wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:The same spoilt brat garbage from O'Sullivan.

He will be at The Worlds make no mistake.

How can you be so sure?

He wants more World titles than Hendry.

He could be serious for once. I don't believe we should dismiss his claims out of hand.

Postby RJFindlay

Wildey wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:What a spectacular fall.

Ronnie played like a God on Tuesday and then played like a donkey today.

Absolutely gutted.

you could say fu was like a donkey in the first round.

your only as good as the other player let you be.

on another day Allen would have given ronnie more chances.

Fu barely got the chance to even play.

Postby vodkadiet

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree that he wants more titles than SH, but the easiest way out is not to play at the Crucible and then say 'I could have won more but I didn't enter cos it is boring and I like doing other things.'

Absolutely.

Not playing is just the same as losing 10-0 in the first round.

Postby RJFindlay

Badsnookerplayer wrote:I agree that he wants more titles than SH, but the easiest way out is not to play at the Crucible and then say 'I could have won more but I didn't enter cos it is boring and I like doing other things.'

This made me laugh, but it does sound Ronnie-like. I hope he turns up at the worlds, even if it's just for one round of phenomenal snooker only to get knocked out in the next by a "numpty". Again.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
He could be serious for once. I don't believe we should dismiss his claims out of hand.

I've taken most of these types of remarks from ROS with a pinch of salt, never taking him seriously.

But this time, I dont know... something feels different. I still hope he'll play though, but if he goes there with the wrong mindset he'll go out first or second round.

Postby Ronnie79

Holden Chinaski wrote:I wouldn't say Allen outplayed Ronnie. Ronnie just didn't show up. Played good in the first frame and then just started missing a lot of balls... Not playing good safety... Just not playing good snooker. He looked bad as well..

He was totally outplayed ffs if ronnie won the way allen did we would all be raving about it

Postby Ronnie79

Chalk McHugh wrote:I think it's poor form from Ronnie to be making excuses about being a little under the weather.He had the same problem when he destroyed Fu.I think what he said takes away from Mark Allen's victory,slightly.

How many opponents that Ronnie hammered over the years were under the weather?Lots id say but would they say they were?

Saying if he was a footballer he wouldn't have turned up is a slight on Allens victory.Shut up and take your beating Ronnie.

Did you actually see rocket's interview after the fu game he said he had a virus and double vision that must have escaped your attention ?

Postby Ronnie79

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
RJFindlay wrote:Starting to have a bit more respect for Hendry now.

While an on song Ronnie at his best is unquestionably the greatest there ever was and ever will be, he simply doesn't have the consistency which Hendry had in spades.

Why, what did Hendry achieve when in his 40s?

Good question. Hendry was amazing when he was young but he sucked when he got a bit older. At least Ronnie can still win big events. Ronnie has more consistancy than hendry in the long run..

When did O'Sullivan win 5 Masters or 5 World titles in a row? Winning something every few years isn't consistency

Winning 7 masters, 6 uk and 5 worlds is called longevity and a career though

Postby SnookerEd25

Cloud Strife wrote:

While an on song Ronnie at his best is unquestionably the greatest there ever was and ever will be, he simply doesn't have the consistency which Hendry had in spades.

He dumped his wife for a younger model :evilgrin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

He dumped his wife for a younger model :evilgrin:

Behind every good man....

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
I've taken most of these types of remarks from ROS with a pinch of salt, never taking him seriously.

But this time, I dont know... something feels different. I still hope he'll play though, but if he goes there with the wrong mindset he'll go out first or second round.

I'm sure he'll play in the World Championship. But I also believe him when he keeps saying he doesn't care that much about winning or losing. Yesterday he looked very relieved and glad after losing to Allen. And it wasn't some tiny tournament, its the Masters. He also looked relieved after losing to Ding in last years World Championship.

Vodkadiet acts like ROS was obsessed with the 8 World titles and breaking Hendrys record. He isn't. He's missed the boat for that and he knows it. I can't see Ronnie winning more than one World title. And that would be a great achievement at this stage of his career.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I'm sure he'll play in the World Championship. But I also believe him when he keeps saying he doesn't care that much about winning or losing. Yesterday he looked very relieved and glad after losing to Allen. And it wasn't some tiny tournament, its the Masters. He also looked relieved after losing to Ding in last years World Championship.

Vodkadiet acts like ROS was obsessed with the 8 World titles and breaking Hendrys record. He isn't. He's missed the boat for that and he knows it. I can't see Ronnie winning more than one World title. And that would be a great achievement at this stage of his career.

I still say he has one more Crucible in him.

Postby mantorok

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

VD is only saying that to belittle his achievements, ROS clearly enjoys life and it doesn't revolve around Snooker, not sure why people find that so hard to believe.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I still say he has one more Crucible in him.

I do too, we don't know when it will happen but I expect it before he retires, just to win as an over-40.