Postby Chalk McHugh

hendry_fan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:Smurph underscrews a shot by a country mile!. :dizzy:

Davis thinks it was a kick though. :chin:

Looked like the red jumped a tiny bit.

The Nuggets never wrong,he never drivvels,so it was definatly a kick that Smurph got. :-D

Do you like the Nugget on co commentary?Dont know why but i rather Steve in the studio talking to Hazel.

The nuggets ok,it all depends on who he,s commentin with though and who he,s commetin on. :-D

I actually once had the honour of playin a frame against him once,at an exhibition he did a few years ago,he needed 3 visits to beat me though,his 3rd bite at the cherry,he finished me off with a 43 break,i did manage to pot a red though,had the chance to pot an easy pink to a middle bag,but i bottled it. >-( :-D

Playing snooker with the Nugget.Nice one.Not many can say that!

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Shaun Murphy v Allister Carter

Postby hendry_fan

T

The nuggets ok,it all depends on who he,s commentin with though and who he,s commetin on. :-D

I actually once had the honour of playin a frame against him once,at an exhibition he did a few years ago,he needed 3 visits to beat me though,his 3rd bite at the cherry,he finished me off with a 43 break,i did manage to pot a red though,had the chance to pot an easy pink to a middle bag,but i bottled it. >-( :-D[/quote]

Playing snooker with the Nugget.Nice one.Not many can say that![/quote][/quote]

Very true!,even though it was <only> 1 frame,was a great experience. :-)

Postby hendry_fan

Correct me if i,m wrong,but i don,t think Ali,s good at comebacks is he?,has,nt got the right temperament for it.

He,s one o those playes if things don,t go his way,if his opponent gets the run of the ball,he likes to them know he aint happy and he gets frustrated very quickly,he shakes his head a lot and likes to show it when he feels he has,nt had the run.

Also,often if he goes a few frames behind,he finds it tough to dig in and seems to give in quicker than most of the other players,thats my personal analysis,although i have to say,he,s not a player i watch a lot. :chin:

Postby Chalk McHugh

hendry_fan wrote:Correct me if i,m wrong,but i don,t think Ali,s good at comebacks is he?,has,nt got the right temperament for it.

He,s one o those playes if things don,t go his way,if his opponent gets the run of the ball,he likes to them know he aint happy and he gets frustrated very quickly,he shakes his head a lot and likes to show it when he feels he has,nt had the run.

Also,often if he goes a few frames behind,he finds it tough to dig in and seems to give in quicker than most of the other players,thats my personal analysis,although i have to say,he,s not a player i watch a lot. :chin:

Well summed up.His temperament is very brittle.His body language and facial features give away his angry feelings.He's a terrible loser.

Postby Andre147

hendry_fan wrote:Correct me if i,m wrong,but i don,t think Ali,s good at comebacks is he?,has,nt got the right temperament for it.

I mentioned that earlier on when Murphy was 3-0 up.

The only major comeback I remember from him is at the 2012 Worlds when he defeated Trump from 12-9 down.

Postby hendry_fan

Chalk McHugh wrote:

Well summed up.His temperament is very brittle.His body language and facial features give away his angry feelings.He's a terrible loser.

Theres a lot of players at my club who are like him,i,m a bit sick n tired of them tbh,i let there antics influence my play,thats another one of the few adjustments that i wanna see through as from this year,i,m gonna at least try my best to concentrate on my game and not get influenced by their stupid,unsporting bl**dy antics. :no:

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:

I mentioned that earlier on when Murphy was 3-0 up.

The only major comeback I remember from him is at the 2012 Worlds when he defeated Trump from 12-9 down.

Good to see you,re also of the same opinion and that xyou noticed it,sorry,but i have,nt had time yet to read all of the posts,i,ll catch up over the next few days. ;-) :-)

Postby Chalk McHugh

Andre147 wrote:What's the Ally Pally like for spectators?

Any good stuff to do around?

Maybe I'll go there next year if things go well.

There's two bars there.One is a kind of makeshift one with a cloakroom.You can sit outside the auditorium and have a bit of grub with few tvs around that have the snooker on.Other than that there's not much there.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Chalk McHugh wrote:

There's two bars there.One is a kind of makeshift one with a cloakroom.You can sit outside the auditorium and have a bit of grub with few tvs around that have the snooker on.Other than that there's not much there.

But it's London so outside the Ally the world is your oyster.Great city.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

But it's London so outside the Ally the world is your oyster.Great city.

Outside the Ally Pally there is several acres of London. Your miles from anywhere. A bus to the nearest, well, anything.

Wembley had more stuff by it, but was a less good arena.