Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Shaun Murphy v Allister Carter

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Andre147 wrote:What's the Ally Pally like for spectators?

Any good stuff to do around?

Maybe I'll go there next year if things go well.

There's two bars there.One is a kind of makeshift one with a cloakroom.You can sit outside the auditorium and have a bit of grub with few tvs around that have the snooker on.Other than that there's not much there.

But it's London so outside the Ally the world is your oyster.Great city.

Outside the Ally Pally there is several acres of London. Your miles from anywhere. A bus to the nearest, well, anything.

Wembley had more stuff by it, but was a less good arena.

Yea but your not exactly in Timbuktoo.Quick 10 min bus to Finsbury Park.Tube every few minutes into the city centre.Bobs your teapot.Fantastic transport even though ye whinge about it.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:

There's two bars there.One is a kind of makeshift one with a cloakroom.You can sit outside the auditorium and have a bit of grub with few tvs around that have the snooker on.Other than that there's not much there.

But it's London so outside the Ally the world is your oyster.Great city.

Outside the Ally Pally there is several acres of London. Your miles from anywhere. A bus to the nearest, well, anything.

Wembley had more stuff by it, but was a less good arena.

Yea but your not exactly in Timbuktoo.Quick 10 min bus to Finsbury Park.Tube every few minutes into the city centre.Bobs your teapot.Fantastic transport even though ye whinge about it.

Is it really only 10 minutes to Finsbury Park? Always thought of taking that route.

What I do is go to Victoria, go to Finsbury Park, change to Wood Green and get the W3 up.

I often wondered if getting the W3 the other way to Finsbury Park on the way back would be a quicker journey.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Well i stayed in a hotel in Finsbury Park for the simple reason it had a bus direct to the Ally.Didn't no anything about Finsbury Park.Even though i know so much about London only second time there since visited with school donkeys years ago.

Yea the bus departed every 5 minutes i think and was only a short enough distance.Maybe 10-20 minutes but i didn't notice the distance as i enjoyed the scenery heading up Stroud Rd and on up to the Ally.And the Victoria Line tune at Finsbury Park is only a couple minutes walk to the bus.Pretty handy really.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:Well i stayed in a hotel in Finsbury Park for the simple reason it had a bus direct to the Ally.Didn't no anything about Finsbury Park.Even though i know so much about London only second time there since visited with school donkeys years ago.

Yea the bus departed every 5 minutes i think and was only a short enough distance.Maybe 10-20 minutes but i didn't notice the distance as i enjoyed the scenery heading up Stroud Rd and on up to the Ally.And the Victoria Line tune at Finsbury Park is only a couple minutes walk to the bus.Pretty handy really.

Thanks. <ok>

Might stick to the route I know.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:

It’s on very big hill surrounded by a park so noooo
The views of London are lovely

Yes. That's the positive. The views are lovely.

Pity it's in January.

Postby hendry_fan

And a good few points he indeed made,he ends up clinching the match,knocks in a 76 to send Ali packing.

No comeback for Ali then,no Big surprise there,it looked like he said a few words of praise to Shaun at the end,so he was,nt a bad loser on this occasion. <ok>

Well done Shaun. <ok>

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:Murphy v Trump is the tie of the round so far.Thats a game i'd like to attend.

Come on down.

Even if i decided to go i couldn't at this stage as i've let my passport lapse.I'll book a week in London town next January.Something to look forward to.