Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Shaun Murphy v Allister Carter

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:Murphy's been on screen for all of 10 seconds and he's already given the smug grin.

Unsurprisingly I'm hoping for a Carter win.

I dont care on this one, dont have a favourite.

It's more that I want Murphy to lose.

Although he would be better value for the rest of the tournament given his form.

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Is Murphy the smuggest bastard to ever pick up a cue?

Discuss.

He's a idiot.

I don't mind him as much as I used to, tbh. He has a unique personality which divides people.

And his snooker is great to watch when on form.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Carter gets too annoyed when he has a bit of bad luck.

Ronnie never complains when he has a bad run of the balls, a big bounce or a heavy contact. He doesn't even acknowledge things like that and just get's on with it. This is not only good for his own head, it also messes with his opponents head because it seems like nothing will break him.

Carter gives his opponent power by showing his weakness everytime he gets some bad luck. He should learn from Ronnie. He needs to work on it. He's a bit like Maguire.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Carter gets too annoyed when he has a bit of bad luck.

Ronnie never complains when he has a bad run of the balls, a big bounce or a heavy contact. He doesn't even acknowledge things like that and just get's on with it. This is not only good for his own head, it also messes with his opponents head because it seems like nothing will break him.

Carter gives his opponent power by showing his weakness everytime he gets some bad luck. He should learn from Ronnie. He needs to work on it. He's a bit like Maguire.

When he was working with Ebdon he didnt show much emotion, but yes almost his entire career his temperament is very suspect.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Discuss.

He's a idiot.

I don't mind him as much as I used to, tbh. He has a unique personality which divides people.

he even apologised lately for some of his remarks regarding Ronnie.

Whether that was a tactic or not I dont know, but Im inclined to believe he was being honest when he decided to do that.

Postby Chalk McHugh

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Discuss.

He's a idiot.

Yes i agree.He is a unique character.Does it his way.But no one can deny his table manners are top notch.

Postby Cloud Strife

Holden Chinaski wrote:Carter gets too annoyed when he has a bit of bad luck.

It's a shame he's like that now because he was a breath of fresh air when he first came onto the scene. It sometimes seems like life has taken its toll on him which has resulted in the bitter personality we see today.