12 CLOUD STRIFE 4 - 0 (1 Joker used)
12 ANDRE147 3 - 0 (2 Jokers used)
11 SNOOKERFAN 3 - 2
11 VODKADIET 3 - 2
10 CHALK MCHUGH 3 - 1
10 PLTHEREF 3 - 1 (1 Joker used)
6 BADSNOOKERPLAYER 2 - 0
6 BIG BUTT 2 - 0 (1 Joker used)

A new leader tonight - following a ten point day for Kolompar after a joker win for O'Sullivan and a correct score in the Wilson match

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Barry Hawkins v Kyren Wilson

Postby Badsnookerplayer

Johnny Bravo wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Pocket nomination wouldn't eradicate all flukes.

:no:

Actually, it would. Pocket nomination is the best thing that could happen to snooker <ok>

No

Nominate red top left.
Miss it, bounces twice across table.
Drops top left.
Then what.

What about fluked snookers?

Postby Iranu

Snooker doesn't need any rule changes.

The only thing that should even be considered in my opinion is not being allowed to roll up behind your nominated colour (not just on a free ball.) But even that doesn't always give you an advantage even if it's a sausage move.

Oh, and referees should be expected to use more discretion when implementing the miss rule. OK, there may be an easier way to hit the required ball, but I think the need to try to get it safe should be taken into account more than it currently is.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Snooker doesn't need any rule changes.

The only thing that should even be considered in my opinion is not being allowed to roll up behind your nominated colour (not just on a free ball.) But even that doesn't always give you an advantage even if it's a sausage move.

Oh, and referees should be expected to use more discretion when implementing the miss rule. OK, there may be an easier way to hit the required ball, but I think the need to try to get it safe should be taken into account more than it currently is.

How is it a sausage move? You're playing a snooker. Literally the name of the game.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Snooker doesn't need any rule changes.

How is it a sausage move? You're playing a snooker. Literally the name of the game.

Yeah I know, it's not something I'd be crusading about, it's just crossed my mind a couple of times. Why should it be different for a free ball? The player has fouled, if anything it's more appropriate to punish them for it.

As I said, snooker doesn't need any rule changes.

Unfortunately I think it's only a matter of time before one is made. I hope I'm wrong.