Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I was thinking earlier this week, this may be a day to have dinner in the pub. Ronnie would finish early. And I can be there and back before the next match.

However I had terrible heartburn and stomachache yesterday. (See my thread in Life.) So should stay off the bed today. Still no alcohol since the third of January.

Turns out, I thought correctly.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Robertson's commentary is pretty good today.

Anything special he's saying?

Mostly about how it feels to play Ronnie, and the things you can do to try to stop Ronnie, like slowing the game down, putting the balls awkward or playing a very attacking game...

He also says he admires Ronnie and Higgins and learns from watching them.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Robertson's commentary is pretty good today.

Anything special he's saying?

Mostly about how it feels to play Ronnie, and the things you can do to try to stop Ronnie, like slowing the game down, putting the balls awkward or playing a very attacking game...

He also says he admires Ronnie and Higgins and learns from watching them.

Cheers Holden. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I was thinking earlier this week, this may be a day to have dinner in the pub. Ronnie would finish early. And I can be there and back before the next match.

However I had terrible heartburn and stomachache yesterday. (See my thread in Life.) So should stay off the bed today. Still no alcohol since the third of January.

#iwanttogoforapint

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

#iwanttogoforapint

Have a walk to London Bridge and back instead.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:That is one of the big reasons I love Snooker.

No unfair play bullocks, 99% of the players are brutally honest on the table.

Me too. Do footballers still take dives? I don't follow it.
Last edited by Dan-cat on 16 Jan 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Chalk McHugh wrote:The crowd have used up a good range of vocal chords today.Lots of ooghs and aaaaghs.Definately got their moneys worth.I'd give this game 9/10 with Marco contributing 0 out of that.

Over a bit quick. You could argue Ebdon was better value for seconds vs pound spent.

Postby Chalk McHugh

SnookerFan wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:The crowd have used up a good range of vocal chords today.Lots of ooghs and aaaaghs.Definately got their moneys worth.I'd give this game 9/10 with Marco contributing 0 out of that.

Over a bit quick. You could argue Ebdon was better value for seconds vs pound spent.

It's quality over quantity.Short and sweet.Leaves the crowd sated but hungry to come back for more.