Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Masters Round 1 :Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu

Postby Chalk McHugh

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Chalk McHugh wrote:I'm afraid it's just to good to be true to think Ronnie will win an 8th Masters.I really can't see it happening.Hope i'm wrong,though.

:chin:

I'm stickin to my guns on that.No way he can keep that ridiculozsly high standard up.Ok,neither can others but on any day if Ronnie's a little off he can be beaten.

Postby TheRocket

Ronnie is 42. But he has the speed and the snooker brain of a 25 year old man. You see people getting slower and slower in their late 30's but he's like getting even quicker. He looks so much healthier than the same aged Higgins.

I think ROS is the prime example that we should all do as much sports as possible.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie is 42. But he has the speed and the snooker brain of a 25 year old man. You see people getting slower and slower in their late 30's but he's like getting even quicker. He looks so much healthier than the same aged Higgins.

I think ROS is the prime example that we should all do as much sports as possible.

I got a bit silly regarding sports if I'm honest. Used to do a lot of swiming. Need to get back to it again.

Postby Pedro147

TheRocket wrote:Ronnie is 42. But he has the speed and the snooker brain of a 25 year old man. You see people getting slower and slower in their late 30's but he's like getting even quicker. He looks so much healthier than the same aged Higgins.

Ronnie is a poor man's Graeme Dott.....

Postby Andre147

One Final word regarding that masterclass..

that was truly vintage O'Sullivan, as good as that 2014 Walden match, scoring wise even better.

He just loves this tournament, more so because it's the first tournament after the Christmas break, and fair to say Ronnie was knackered after the UK Champs.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

I got a bit silly regarding sports if I'm honest. Used to do a lot of swiming. Need to get back to it again.

Me 2. Used to go to the gym a lot. But have let it slide too much in recent time. Time to get back to it.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Me 2. Used to go to the gym a lot. But have let it slide too much in recent time. Time to get back to it.

I just started working out a bit again at home. Feels good.

Postby Chalk McHugh

I can envisage the attendees of todays masterclass all making their way home through the busy streets and tubes of London with all their lives enhanced somewhat,however briefly.A couple of hours of the highest form of sporting artistry will give them memories to last a lifetime and that's priceless.Thanks for painting another 6-0 masterpiece,Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Chalk McHugh wrote:I can envisage the attendees of todays masterclass all making their way home through the busy streets and tubes of London with all their lives enhanced somewhat,however briefly.A couple of hours of the highest form of sporting artistry will give them memories to last a lifetime and that's priceless.Thanks for painting another 6-0 masterpiece,Ronnie.

Yes that's a memory nobody can take away from them now, witnessing this masterclass of a performance.

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I couldn't exercise for 4 weeks because I fractured a rib in early December. Heading into Christmas I was feeling very flat, and I could feel the black dog of depression hovering. I was able to start exercising again ten days ago and I feel completely different, like Dan again.

I do between 15 to 30 minutes each morning, simple circuit training exercises. Two different kinds of press-up, reverse lunges that sort of thing. Even on a short 15 minute workout, that's about 10 sets of exercises - around 100 press-ups.

Exercise is fundamental to healthy brain function. When I don't exercise, it just starts misfiring... and for me depression is never far away. Exercise keeps it at bay.